Author Topic: Rising Inflation Is Beginning to Worry Pentagon Leaders  (Read 64 times)

rangerrebew

Rising Inflation Is Beginning to Worry Pentagon Leaders
« on: November 17, 2021, 01:48:41 pm »

Rising Inflation Is Beginning to Worry Pentagon Leaders
Higher salaries and more expensive weapons looming large as the Defense Department assembles next budget proposal.

By Marcus Weisgerber
Global Business Editor
November 16, 2021 11:45 AM ET

The biggest inflation spike in three decades has the Pentagon bracing for salary increases and more expensive weapons, according to current and former defense officials.

Their warnings arrive as Congress is more than a month late in passing the Pentagon’s annual budget, meaning spending is frozen at the prior year’s level.

“It's certainly a concern that we have right now, but...there's a bit of a speculative part to it as well,” Pentagon Comptroller Mike McCord said Monday.

https://www.defenseone.com/business/2021/11/rising-inflation-beginning-worry-pentagon-leaders/186870/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:49:58 pm by mystery-ak »

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Rising Inflation Is Beginning to Worry Pentagon Leaders
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 03:31:57 pm »

Inflation could be the final nail in the coffin for the EM-50 Urban Assualt Vehicle Program.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.