State Chapters > Florida

Republicans get a win in OSHA withdrawal during Florida special session

(1/3) > >>

libertybele:
Republicans get a win in OSHA withdrawal during Florida special session

The Florida House and Senate are holding special sessions this week to debate COVID-19 related mandates.

Florida could become the first state to pass a law fining businesses and hospitals that comply with President Biden’s vaccine mandate. That session began on Monday, but there’s no telling how long it could take for this bill to become law.

Republican legislators also want to pull out of OSHA, the federal organizations that set relations for businesses and create a separate, state-run, business oversight committee.

On Tuesday, Democrats introduced amendments and opposition to the proposal. They left it all on the floor, but when it came time to vote, their yay’s were drowned out by the no’s from the other side of the aisle.

Republicans appear poised to win the fight over whether Florida should pull out of OSHA.

As the bill advanced in Tallahassee, more than 400 miles away in Naples, Gov. DeSantis gave it his blessing.............

https://www.winknews.com/2021/11/16/republicans-get-a-win-in-osha-withdrawal-during-florida-special-session/

EdinVA:
I was not aware a state could un-join osha.... good to know... watching...

libertybele:

--- Quote from: EdinVA on November 17, 2021, 02:07:53 am ---I was not aware a state could un-join osha.... good to know... watching...

--- End quote ---

The FL GOP needs to push through as much legislation as they can before '22. Right now they have a GOP majority in both houses.  Who knows what will happen. I'm sure the leftists will try any way they can to oust DeSantis and fill the seats with liberals.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: libertybele on November 17, 2021, 02:15:23 am ---The FL GOP needs to push through as much legislation as they can before '22. Right now they have a GOP majority in both houses.  Who knows what will happen. I'm sure the leftists will try any way they can to oust DeSantis and fill the seats with liberals.

--- End quote ---

God you are a Debbie Downer.   FL ain't going blue for some time. :patriot:

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on November 17, 2021, 02:30:22 am ---God you are a Debbie Downer.   FL ain't going blue for some time. :patriot:

--- End quote ---

Ya well, try as I might to be a Pollyanna, I'm a realist.  I believe the election was stolen and I have no doubt that the marxists will try to do the same to DeSantis.  Keep in mind he won his seat by less than 1 %.

Also, let's hope all the liberal newbies that have moved into our state remember why they left theirs and vote accordingly.

If DeSantis keeps his seat and both chambers maintain a conservative majority, I will be ecstatic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version