Author Topic: Jackie Speier will not run for reelection to Congress in 2022  (Read 90 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jackie Speier will not run for reelection to Congress in 2022
« on: November 16, 2021, 03:06:55 pm »
Jackie Speier will not run for reelection to Congress in 2022
By Max Greenwood - 11/16/21 09:22 AM EST

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) announced on Tuesday that she will not run for reelection in 2022, becoming the latest House Democrat to bow out of Congress ahead of what is expected to be a difficult election year for the party.

“Today, I’m announcing that I will not be a candidate for reelection to Congress in 2022,” Speier said in a video announcing her decision.

“It’s time for me to come home," she added. "Time for me to be more than a weekend wife, mother and friend.”

Speier has had a long career in elected office that began 1980 with a successful run for the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors. She went on to serve in both chambers of California’s state legislature before entering the U.S. House in 2008.

In 1978, while she was serving as an aide to the late Rep. Leo Ryan (D-Calif.), Speier survived being shot five times during a fact-finding mission to Jonestown in Guyana. Ryan was killed during that trip.

Speier is the ninth House Democrat to announce retirement plans ahead of the 2022 midterm elections, when the party will have to defend its razor-thin majority in the lower chamber. A half-dozen other Democratic members are running for other offices next year.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/581703-jackie-speier-will-not-run-for-reelection-in-2022
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Jackie Speier will not run for reelection to Congress in 2022
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 05:47:54 pm »
That seat will easily be won by another DCP disciple. That is commie country.