Author Topic: O'Rourke launches bid for Texas governor  (Read 583 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
O'Rourke launches bid for Texas governor
« on: November 15, 2021, 02:21:14 pm »
O'Rourke launches bid for Texas governor
By Tal Axelrod - 11/15/21 09:03 AM EST

Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) announced Monday that he intends to run for governor of the Lone Star State, setting up a heavyweight challenge to Gov. Greg Abbott (R).

O’Rourke, who also ran for Senate in 2018 and president last year, made the announcement in a fundraising email to supporters, where he touted himself as a unity candidate and railed against “fringe policies and incompetence that we see in Texas today.”

“I am running for governor to serve ALL of the people of Texas,” he said. “I believe that the only way we are going to achieve great things for this state is by looking out for each other and moving forward together.”

DEVELOPING

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/581533-orourke-announces-run-for-texas-governor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: O'Rourke launches bid for Texas governor
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 02:26:39 pm »

From January, 2019:
... On Wednesday, Mother Jones magazine published an unearthed 2013 video of O'Rourke performing with his former band, The Sheeps, at the now-closed Moontime Pizza in El Paso. The footage shows O'Rourke singing "Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones while wearing a tight onesie and sheep mask.  ...
Houston Chronicle
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 02:53:38 pm »
Patrick Svitek
@PatrickSvitek
O'Rourke says he won't back away from mandatory assault weapons buyback in gov race. "I think most Texans can agree...that we should not see our friends, our family...our neighbors, shot up w/ weapons that were originally designed for use on a battlefield"
Texas Tribune: Beto O’Rourke says he’s running for Texas governor
9:37 AM · Nov 15, 2021

Who among us has a weapon originally designed for use on a battlefield? I'm guessing the Furry is referring to the AR-15 - you know, the gun that won the Civil War, or something.  :laugh:
 I admit to having a WWII Japanese rifle, but sold it a few years ago. Mark me "safe" from Beto's gun grab (for now).

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 03:46:01 pm »
 :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Robert Francis blowing more of the family fortune!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 03:49:52 pm »
Looks like Abbott's re-election probability numbers just hit 100%.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 06:44:41 pm »
The unemployed and unemployable Robby O'Rourke, who has been living off his rich wife's family funds for quite a while now, decided he'd do something with his time other than playing video games and smoking weed. Hey, I know! I'll run for governor!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 12:31:38 am »
Patrick Svitek
@PatrickSvitek
O'Rourke says he won't back away from mandatory assault weapons buyback in gov race. "I think most Texans can agree...that we should not see our friends, our family...our neighbors, shot up w/ weapons that were originally designed for use on a battlefield"

Who among us has a weapon originally designed for use on a battlefield? I'm guessing the Furry is referring to the AR-15 - you know, the gun that won the Civil War, or something.  :laugh:
 I admit to having a WWII Japanese rifle, but sold it a few years ago. Mark me "safe" from Beto's gun grab (for now).
You mean like M1903 Springfield, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Colt revolvers(including in .357), Colt 1911 pistol, Smith and Wesson revolvers, Remington M10, Winchester Models 1897 and 1912, Browning a-5(let's just say pump shotguns), Winchester M1895, Winchester M1894, Marlin M1894 and these are just some of the weapons used on the battlefield that have been popular with Americans for hunting, target shooting and home defense for over a hundred years, I don't list the AR15 because it wasn't used in war. Whoops! Left out one of my favorites, the Browning Hi-Power, though there lots more guns of war that people have at home either as collector pieces or shooters. Beto is a moron, and doubly so for thinking this bullshiite is going to fly any where but the liberal cancer spots in Texas.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 12:35:14 am by GtHawk »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 12:37:01 am »
Patrick Svitek
@PatrickSvitek

That alone would be a definite deal-breaker for the Texans I have ever known.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 12:51:00 am »

Ghost In The Machine
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2021, 01:06:27 am »
You mean like M1903 Springfield, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Colt revolvers(including in .357), Colt 1911 pistol, Smith and Wesson revolvers, Remington M10, Winchester Models 1897 and 1912, Browning a-5(let's just say pump shotguns), Winchester M1895, Winchester M1894, Marlin M1894 and these are just some of the weapons used on the battlefield that have been popular with Americans for hunting, target shooting and home defense for over a hundred years, I don't list the AR15 because it wasn't used in war. Whoops! Left out one of my favorites, the Browning Hi-Power, though there lots more guns of war that people have at home either as collector pieces or shooters. Beto is a moron, and doubly so for thinking this bullshiite is going to fly any where but the liberal cancer spots in Texas.
SKS rifles, Lee Enfields, Ross, and Mausers of every description, Mosin Nagants, etc., etc., etc. Many of my rifles are veterans, come home from the service somewhere...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 01:07:47 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 02:54:53 am »
SKS rifles, Lee Enfields, Ross, and Mausers of every description, Mosin Nagants, etc., etc., etc. Many of my rifles are veterans, come home from the service somewhere...
All weapons of war except for the one el culo mexicano falso claims is a weapon of war, the AR15.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2021, 03:03:48 am »
The unemployed and unemployable Robby O'Rourke, who has been living off his rich wife's family funds for quite a while now, decided he'd do something with his time other than playing video games and smoking weed. Hey, I know! I'll run for governor!

....ah, but maybe he's learned to play video games and smoke weed while riding his skateboard   *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2021, 03:19:48 am »

Let the clown show begin!
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2021, 11:26:03 am »

Ghost In The Machine

@corbe

Looks like US Master Blaster jump wings,as well as Thai jump wings.

Not to mention Infantry brass.

Sombody that knows the cost of liberty,and was willing to pay his share if needbe.

This is the type of candidate we should all get behind.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2021, 07:48:57 pm »
....ah, but maybe he's learned to play video games and smoke weed while riding his skateboard   *****rollingeyes*****
Or just maybe learn to ride a skateboard

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2021, 11:48:44 pm »
Was he doing that when he fell of his skateboard and slammed his head into a car? I liked that so much I want to seem him do that trick over and over.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2021, 11:51:19 pm »
Or just maybe learn to ride a skateboard

Thanks for putting that up, it always brings smile to my face :silly: You know if he does actually run this would make a great add with a commentary like Beto will bring the same level of competence he has in skateboarding to the Governors mansion.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 11:54:04 pm by GtHawk »