Author Topic: “THE GREAT NEGRO!”: Biden Makes Eyebrow Raising Comment During Speech  (Read 318 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
“THE GREAT NEGRO!”: Biden Makes Eyebrow Raising Comment During Speech

by Collin Rugg
about an hour ago

During a speech on Thursday, President Joe Biden referred to pitcher Satchel Paige as “the great negro.” Biden has a history of referring to black people in a negative way.

“Thank you for your service to our country. I want to tell you, I know you are a little younger than I am, but I have adopted the attitude of the great negro at the time — pitcher in the Negro league who went on to become a great pitcher in the pros…” Biden said. “His name is Satchel Paige. On his 47th birthday, he pitched a win against Chicago. All the press went in and said it‘s amazing, 47 years old.”

WATCH:

Biden’s comments towards black people has been an issue for him in the past. Leading up to the 2020 election, Biden told the black community that if they don’t vote for him, they “ain’t black.”

The comments came during an interview with radio show host Charlamagne in New York City. Charlamagne told Biden that he had “more questions” for the then-former vice president.

“You’ve got more questions?” Biden said. “Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

The comment was not only racist, but it was also “voter intimidation” according to opinion writer Paris Dennard who reacted to the comment in USA Today.

more
https://trendingpolitics.com/the-great-negro-biden-makes-eyebrow-raising-comment-during-speech-crugg/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: “THE GREAT NEGRO!”: Biden Makes Eyebrow Raising Comment During Speech
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 06:16:07 pm »
Seriously?

If Trump had said that, it would be impeachment time (again).

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 06:19:19 pm »
When racism is shown by the left it's not racism but if someone on the right just says BLACK they are white supremacists no matter what race they are.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 07:07:27 pm »
Oh I'm sure the media and harridans on the View will start the 'Oh that's just Joe' coverup with the excuse that he just slipped up because that's how Blacks were referred to in his youth. We al lno the truth, Biden is a racist SOB and he just let the real him slip out.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 07:10:41 pm »
Hell I thought Joe was talking about the other Great negro in his life.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 07:13:21 pm »

"Corn-pop was a bad dude!"

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 07:24:12 pm »
"Corn-pop was a bad dude!"

"....and he ran a bunch of bad boys."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2021, 05:10:37 pm »
Doesn't raise my eyebrows at all.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2021, 05:35:11 pm »
Biden is such a liar.  Satchel Paige was not the first MLB player to get a win at age 47.  In 1932, Jack Quinn got his last win pitching for Brooklyn at age 49.  Also, Paige did not pitch on his 47th birthday.  Dick Littlefield was the starter.  He went 7 innings before being relieved by Bobo Holloman, who got the loss.  And it wasn't against Chigago.  It was against Cleveland.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 05:37:35 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2021, 12:52:57 pm »

LOL
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2021, 02:02:57 pm »
Biden is such a liar.  Satchel Paige was not the first MLB player to get a win at age 47.  In 1932, Jack Quinn got his last win pitching for Brooklyn at age 49.  Also, Paige did not pitch on his 47th birthday.  Dick Littlefield was the starter.  He went 7 innings before being relieved by Bobo Holloman, who got the loss.  And it wasn't against Chigago.  It was against Cleveland.
But other than that, Joe is right on point, as usual.  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2021, 04:56:44 pm »
Well okay, but was Paige at least clean and articulate?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2021, 05:33:47 pm »
Biden makes me think of the scene in the movie "Being There",  I think this describes Brandon to a  "T".....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8xUCQXcBk