Author Topic: Girl Who Dialed 911 To Get Help For Dad Having Seizure Arrested For Word She Used During Call  (Read 705 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A 17-year-old Michigan girl was arrested for reportedly swearing during a 911 call while her father was having a seizure.

Adrianne Ledesma, of Lincoln Park, Michigan, called 911 after her father collapsed in their kitchen and began seizing, just three weeks after he was hospitalized and underwent brain surgery, 7 Action News reported at that time.

Adrianne didn’t get an answer on her first attempt, so she tried again. Panicked, she said, “What the f***,” while the phone was ringing, but Officer Robert McFarland picked up at exactly that moment.

She asked McFarland for an ambulance to be sent to her address, to which he replied, “Well okay, first of all, you don’t need to swear over 911 and slow down.”

“OK, send me a f****** ambulance!” Adrianne responded, frustrated.

Adrianne told 7 Action News that she was worried her father was going to die, but she wasn’t given the opportunity to explain that on the call because the officer hung up the phone after she said a swear word.

She tried calling back and asked the officer, “Are you going to give me an ambulance?”

“Are you going to swear again, you stupid a**?” McFarland responded.

“Are we going to have a f****** problem?” Adrianne said.

“No! You’re not going to get one!” McFarland replied, presumably referring to an ambulance.

After Adrianne’s several attempts to have an ambulance sent to her home, McFarland finally transferred the call to the fire desk.
https://dailyheadlines.net/teen-girl-who-dialed-911-to-get-help-for-dad-having-seizure-arrested-for-word-she-used-during-call/

Personal note:  I had a similar problem with a 911 operator when I lived in Tampa. 
My wife was putting her Groceries in the car when a punk ass put a gun in her back and demanded her keys and told her to walk away. She ran back to the store and a cart gatherer saw what happened and tried to help her but the punk pointed the gun at him.  They run back into the store and call 911 to report the incident.  My wife called me to tell me what happened and I drove to the store. About 20 minutes passed and no Cops have shown up.  So I call 911 myself and ask WHY THE F*CK the police are not here?  I get the same shit from them as the young girl got about swearing.  Me, being me, I went into a rant telling her she was a F'ing bitch and send some F'ing cops now you dumb ass bitch.
I wasn't arrested.   A day later when a detective came to the house for follow-up he apologized to me and my wife for how 911 dropped the ball.

BTW... the thug didn't know how to drive a manual trans and ran from the scene when he couldn't get the Trans Am started.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Seriously?  Sometimes people don't react or get off their butts unless you get nasty with them.  911 operators I thought were trained to handle the hysteria and panic on the other end of the line.  If they can't handle some colorful words, they need to find another job.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Seriously?  Sometimes people don't react or get off their butts unless you get nasty with them.  911 operators I thought were trained to handle the hysteria and panic on the other end of the line.  If they can't handle some colorful words, they need to find another job.

@libertybele

Come on... how hard could it be to go through one hundred interviews to find that 'Perfect' operator who can not only maintain focus on sending that ambulance ASAP, but also write that BLEEP down so that you can visit the BLEEP after you get off work.    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@libertybele

Come on... how hard could it be to go through one hundred interviews to find that 'Perfect' operator who can not only maintain focus on sending that ambulance ASAP, but also write that BLEEP down so that you can visit the BLEEP after you get off work.    :shrug:

Yep. The guy was a someone you want answering calls in a life and death situation.

Offline rustynail

Calling all Lawyers, calling all Lawyers.  It's money time.

Offline libertybele

Yep. The guy was a someone you want answering calls in a life and death situation.

Exactly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
From the end of the article:

The officer refused to comment on the incident when confronted by 7 Action News. He was suspended for two weeks without pay following the incident and was sent for additional training.

The above referring to the person who answered the 911 call.

Yeah, lawsuit time.
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I guess I will be the stick in the mud, all for hanging up on jerks that can't keep a civil tongue when calling 911.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline skeeter

I guess I will be the stick in the mud, all for hanging up on jerks that can't keep a civil tongue when calling 911.
that’s fine, as long as you don’t have a job where people under stress are depending upon you.

Online Wingnut

The clean version of my thoughts..
Let's go sighlass

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Precisely. They get phone calls from people in stressful, often life or death, situations, and language is not something to bandy over.

Considering police have allegedly seen or heard a broad spectrum of society in tense moments, getting hung up on a word as common as "It" or "and" in much of today's parlance and "entertainment" is hardly professional unless they are specifically the ones being derided.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Not that *I* would ever be impolite or rude to important personages such as people who answer telephones for a living,but it has been MY experience these people are usually related to local elected officials,and have an inflated opinion as to their importance.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline art.prout

That operator, and the horse she/he rode in on, can go bleep themselves...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That operator, and the horse she/he rode in on, can go bleep themselves...

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

My thoughts exactly.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.