Author Topic: No Thanks! Turkey Prices Up 41%, Home Heating Oil Up 115%, Food Prices Up 10.5%  (Read 539 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No Thanks! Turkey Prices Up 41%, Home Heating Oil Up 115%, Food Prices Up 10.5%

John Carney 9 Nov 2021

Thanksgiving 2021 is shaping up to be the most expensive in history.

Prices of processed turkeys are up 40.7 percent compared with a year ago, data from the Department of Labor’s Producer Price Index showed Tuesday. That’s even after falling a seasonally adjusted one percent in October.

It may be hard to even find turkeys in some parts of the country this year. The Wall Street Journal reported that turkeys were 60 percent out of stock. Cranberries, yams, and sweet potatoes are also low in stock.
Grain prices are 40.8 percent higher than a year ago, driving up the prices of our largely grain-fed turkey crop. Beef and veal prices are up 41.5 percent compared with a year ago. Overall, food prices are running 10.5 percent higher than a year ago.

Getting to the family Thanksgiving will be costlier with gasoline prices are up close to 90 percent, according to the Producer Price Index. Airfares, fortunately for passengers, are near where they were a year ago and still well below pre-pandemic levels.

Home heating oil is up 114.8 percent. Residential natural gas prices are up 28.7 percent. Residential electricity prices are up 5.6 percent.

Overall, the Producer Price Index—which measures prices from the point of view of sellers—is up 8.6 percent compared with a year ago, tying the record high set last month.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/11/09/no-thanks-turkey-prices-up-41-home-heating-oil-up-115-food-prices-up-10-5/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Maybe it’s a good time to take up wild turkey hunting

See them all over the place around here
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I can use that $0.16 that I saved at my 4th of July BBQ to make it up... :whistle:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Polly Ticks

It may be hard to even find turkeys in some parts of the country this year. The Wall Street Journal reported that turkeys were 60 percent out of stock.

Turkeys are few and far between at our local Kroger. I finally found one a couple of days ago, but all they had were 16-17 pounders. Boo.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LMAO

They may be in short supply in the supermarket

But I see quite a few flocks out there

My son shot one a couple years ago and it wasn’t too bad. They tend to be longer looking than the supermarket ones because the breast area is smaller
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
yeah maybe, I'm unemployed and bankrupt, can't afford food or heat ... BUT WE GOT RID OF TRUMP!!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

At Kroger in this region, starting tomorrow, they'll have turkeys for .48 per pound with an additional $25 purchase. I already got one at Walmart for .87 per pound last week. We must be in a prime turkey location, considering the horror stories I've heard from other parts of the country.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As I posted elsewhere here...I paid $30 for a turkey 2 weeks ago ..they only 5 at the time.. after talking to the butcher at my Krogers...he told me there will be a shortage and not on sale..limit one.

I was in the store the other day and they had none.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Polly Ticks

At Kroger in this region, starting tomorrow, they'll have turkeys for .48 per pound with an additional $25 purchase. I already got one at Walmart for .87 per pound last week. We must be in a prime turkey location, considering the horror stories I've heard from other parts of the country.

I hope that's the case here, too.  I'm feeding 13 people this Thanksgiving - and half of those are young men who can clean out a pantry quicker than a swarm of locusts.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online libertybele

Turkeys are few and far between at our local Kroger. I finally found one a couple of days ago, but all they had were 16-17 pounders. Boo.

Well, I bought our turkey a few weeks ago. The smallest I could find was 16 lbs. @ $1.48/lb which is a ridiculous price, but  I purchased it anyways knowing that the other stores in the area hadn't gotten any turkeys in yet. I had to go to another store to find whole cranberries. Except for zucchini and potatoes, I'm all set for Thanksgiving.  If need be, I have dehydrated potatoes which will be just fine for making mashed potatoes.

Who knows if turkeys will even be available or affordable next year .... but this year, we will celebrate!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

yeah maybe, I'm unemployed and bankrupt, can't afford food or heat ... BUT WE GOT RID OF TRUMP!!!

Amen! The bad orange one is gone.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

I agree,  THAT...is what crazy is saying.    888high58888

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe it’s a good time to take up wild turkey hunting

See them all over the place around here
I used to know a number of cops and they were wild turkey hunters..... :pondering: oh wait I don't think we're talking the same thing, they did their hunting in the liquor store

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I can use that $0.16 that I saved at my 4th of July BBQ to make it up... :whistle:
Yeah didn't that idiot resident just get through telling us about how our tables would be full this Thanksgiving? I know my tables going to be pretty lean compared to last year and even leaner then when Obama/Biden last trashed the economy and forced me onto unemployment.

I just can't thank Joe and the democrats enough, food prices shooting up everywhere along with empty shelves in many places(thankfully not where I am, yet) gas and natural gas prices higher than I can recall and a huge rent increase to top it all off. Yes America truly has much to be thankful for under the Biden/Harris/Obama/Jarret administration, at least that's the load they are shoveling at us.

Online libertybele

As I posted elsewhere here...I paid $30 for a turkey 2 weeks ago ..they only 5 at the time.. after talking to the butcher at my Krogers...he told me there will be a shortage and not on sale..limit one.

I was in the store the other day and they had none.

$30 is ridiculous - I paid close to that for ours.  Walmart was the only place that had turkeys and one other store advertised turkeys for a little cheaper about a week later.  I haven't shopped since then so I don't know if our local Publix has turkeys in  yet.

I got a flyer from the Honey Baked Ham company -- about $80 for a small ham and $60 for a whole turkey.  I'll pass.  I used to buy a ham a Christmastime -- and ship a ham to family.  Definitely not this year.

Online libertybele

Yeah didn't that idiot resident just get through telling us about how our tables would be full this Thanksgiving? I know my tables going to be pretty lean compared to last year and even leaner then when Obama/Biden last trashed the economy and forced me onto unemployment.

I just can't thank Joe and the democrats enough, food prices shooting up everywhere along with empty shelves in many places(thankfully not where I am, yet) gas and natural gas prices higher than I can recall and a huge rent increase to top it all off. Yes America truly has much to be thankful for under the Biden/Harris/Obama/Jarret administration, at least that's the load they are shoveling at us.

Exactly.  What they are shoveling is a load of crappola.  Many people are hurting --  9999hair out0000    ... and to think that they're only beginning  to destroy us.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 02:24:51 am by libertybele »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Out of the frying pan, into the fire.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Suburban Black Man
@goodblackdude

The Bidens will spend Thanksgiving on the lavish island of Nantucket with an arrival at 7pm local time tomorrow. Meanwhile, the average American will spend 15% more on Thanksgiving this year than they did under President Trump. Highest gas prices in 7 years. Eat dirt, peasants!
6:12 PM · Nov 22, 2021·

Happy Thanksgiving. While you're enjoying turkey franks for TG dinner, take comfort in the knowledge that at least President Pudding-for-Brains will be luxuriating over the holiday.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Same here.  Bought one at 77 cents per pound myself
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Screw it.  We are going out to dinner.  Local Restaurant is doing a traditional TG dinner with all the trimmings and without the relatives for $34.99 per person.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.