Author Topic: A Conservative Thank-You Note to the Democrats  (Read 54 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A Conservative Thank-You Note to the Democrats
« on: November 09, 2021, 04:52:42 pm »
A Conservative Thank-You Note to the Democrats
Whatever you are doing, keep on doing it.
by Gary Anderson
November 8, 2021, 10:07 PM

Dear Democrats: I will not try to speak for all conservatives, but I think I most would agree when I send a sincere thank you for November 2. To paraphrase Hillary Clinton, it takes a village to create a debacle. I apologize if I leave anyone out, but some of you deserve special attention.

First, none of this would have been possible without Bernie Sanders, the squad (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley), and all the far-left caucus in Congress who tied the president’s sure win bipartisan infrastructure bill to the incomprehensible Build Back Better legislation. Many of their moderate critics are blaming them solely for the Virginia defeat. That’s probably unfair. Most voters would like infrastructure improvements, but it is not at the top of their priority list. Hardly anybody knows what is in Build Back Better. However, kudos for convincing many voters that the Democratic Party doesn’t know what it is doing. The infrastructure bill has now passed, and some watered-down form of Build Back Better will eventually. However, few will remember them in 2022 when voters will ask: “What have you done for me, or to me, today?” Leftists continue to believe they won in 2020 on policy issues when swing and dissident voters were actually angry at Trump.

Terry McAuliffe gets his fair share of the credit for the Virginia defeat. Running against someone, Donald Trump, who was not on the ticket was a good start. But the coup de grace was telling parents that they should have no say in their children’s curriculum at a time when education was a top priority for Virginia voters. The only way McAuliffe could have topped that would be to promise to kick the Navy out of Hampton Roads. While considering Virginia, we should not forget the contributions of the professional education establishment, particularly the teachers unions. Through their undying efforts to push a progressive race-based curriculum, they did conservative and moderate voters a great service by throwing dissenting parents out of school board meetings and sometimes having them arrested. The fact that teachers unions are primary donors to the Democratic Party helped many previously apathetic voters in the Old Dominion over to our side. Education professionals were key Democratic contributors to November 2 by keeping children out of the classroom for nearly a year.

more
https://spectator.org/a-conservative-thank-you-note-to-the-democrats/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34