Author Topic: CNN Analyst Presses Pete Buttigieg On His Plan To ‘Deconstruct Racism’ Built In Roadways  (Read 149 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN Analyst Presses Pete Buttigieg On His Plan To ‘Deconstruct Racism’ Built In Roadways

Shakhzod Yuldoshboev
Contributor
November 08, 2021 7:17 PM ET

The Grio’s White House correspondent and CNN political analyst April Ryan pressed Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg Monday to explain how he would “deconstruct the racism that was built into the roadways.”

Buttigieg spoke about the $1 trillion infrastructure bill that has been recently passed by the House during Monday’s White House briefing, where he was asked to outline his plan to address the racism that undergirded public transportation infrastructure.

The secretary of transportation said that investment programs that could potentially benefit the disadvantaged communities would be reviewed on a “program by program, mode by mode” basis.

“Some people were surprised when I pointed to the fact that if a highway was built for the purpose of dividing a white and a Black neighborhood, or if an underpass was constructed such that a bus carrying mostly Black and Puerto Rican kids … was designed too low for it to pass by, then that obviously reflect the racism that went into those design choices,” he said.

WATCH:

https://rumble.com/embed/vmazxn/?pub=4

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/11/08/cnn-reporter-pete-buttigieg-racism-roadways/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

OMFG, WTF?  What about those white lines oppressing the black asphalt?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

rangerrebew

Buttigieg: Underpasses are Racist and That’s Why We Need to Spend Trillions on Infrastructure

I guess progressive and open-minded Buttigieg thinks blacks and Puerto Rican kids ride different buses than white kids?
Posted by Mary Chastain Monday, November 8, 2021 at 07:00pm 60 Comments

Share This Story Facebook Twitter Telegram Gab MeWe Reddit Email

It’s sad that people buy the crap coming out of Pete Buttigieg’s mouth. I wonder if he even thinks it’s true.

Apparently, underpasses are racists and black and Puerto Rican kids have different buses than white kids. That is why we need to spend trillions on infrastructure.

I mean, WHAT!?

Transportation @SecretaryPete: " If an underpass was constructed such that a bus carrying mostly Black and Puerto Rican kids to a beach, […] in New York was designed too low for it to pass by, that that obviously reflects racism that went into those design choices." pic.twitter.com/0XWkDZehYM

— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2021

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/buttigieg-underpasses-are-racist-and-thats-why-we-need-to-spend-trillions-on-infrastructure/

Online LMAO

These are people that believe America is a irredeemable systemically racist country.

This is not just politics for them. They really believe this. America is Alabama in the 1920s. So they seek to find racism in everything. What he is saying here is totally absurd to most Americans but makes perfect sense to him. And if they can’t find racism, they’ll just fill in the blanks with racial hoaxes
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline The_Reader_David

The overpass/bus example is an example of bad engineering, not racism.  On the other hand, the building of a highway that separated the black neighborhood (or more likely the poor neighborhood that happened to be majority black) from the rest of a city is a real thing, that really was done in places, with the properties condemned by eminent domain to build it, in such circumstances, carved from the black neighborhood, not the adjacent white neighborhood.  Yes, back in the days when we built the Interstate Highway system, there really were racists (in the standard English sense, not the Newspeak sense that includes all white people by definition) in places of power making such decisions.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online LMAO

The overpass/bus example is an example of bad engineering, not racism.  On the other hand, the building of a highway that separated the black neighborhood (or more likely the poor neighborhood that happened to be majority black) from the rest of a city is a real thing, that really was done in places, with the properties condemned by eminent domain to build it, in such circumstances, carved from the black neighborhood, not the adjacent white neighborhood.  Yes, back in the days when we built the Interstate Highway system, there really were racists (in the standard English sense, not the Newspeak sense that includes all white people by definition) in places of power making such decisions.

You do make some very good points and you are right. But I think after the last several years of being told everything is racist and racial hoaxes, you become numb and skeptical  to all claims of racism

However, this idiot probably believes that our highway system is one of the biggest problems facing the black community and not the deliberate destruction of the black family
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 07:51:50 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy