Author Topic: Obama 2.0: Like His Old Boss, Biden Blames ‘Gouging’ for High Gas Prices, Forms ‘Task Force’ Headed  (Read 183 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama 2.0: Like His Old Boss, Biden Blames ‘Gouging’ for High Gas Prices, Forms ‘Task Force’ Headed by AG

Joel B. Pollak 9 Nov 2021

President Joe Biden is repeating President Barack Obama’s strategy from ten years ago on high gas prices: he is blaming gas companies for “gouging” and forming a “task force” headed by the U.S. Attorney General to investigate the alleged abuse.

In an interview with Cincinnati’s Local 12-WKRC on Monday, Biden responded to a question about high gas prices by saying: “I have the attorney general taking a look at whether or not these gas companies are gouging people.”

Ironically, Biden’s focus on alleged “gouging,” right down to his “task force,” repeats steps taken by Obama in 2011 and 2012. In 2011, Obama told a town hall in Reno, Nevada that he had put Attorney General Eric Holder on the job:

Last month I asked my Attorney General to look into any cases of price gouging so we can make sure nobody is being taken advantage of at the pump. Today, I’m going to go a step further. The Attorney General is putting together a team whose job it is to root out any cases of fraud or manipulation in the oil markets that might affect gas prices, and that includes the role of traders and speculators. We’re going to make sure that nobody is taking advantage of American consumers for their own short-term gain.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/09/obama-2-0-like-his-old-boss-biden-blames-gouging-for-high-gas-prices-forms-task-force-ag/
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 03:03:26 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Oh I feel so much better, now. Finally, the administration is taking on these greedy oil companies

Go get ‘em, Tiger!!!
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rustynail

Are we as stupid as they think we are?  Stay tuned.

Online LMAO

I don’t know where Merrick Garland is going to find time to investigate oil companies because investigating parents are keeping him busy enough
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"biden Blames ‘Gouging’ for High Gas Prices, Forms ‘Task Force’ Headed by AG"

Comrade Briefers, this is but a preliminary step.
"Toward what?", you'll ask.

Toward price controls, citizens.
Of course.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I cringe at these sorts of statements. It's like they're just trying to copy-paste answers from past eras into the present day, even when the circumstances are different.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

I don't believe that Bammy is Joe's old boss, I believe he IS his boss.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Does this smell like Carter days returning?  Hey, I know, we need to ration gasoline.  For those of you that remember being limited to buying $5 in gas per visit in the 70s, and standing in line with as many as 100 cars waiting to buy gas, well, I see those days returning.  With gas at $5 per gallon, the irony is thick, but we will be limited to $25 or $40 per purchase.

I spent $47 to fill my tank, up from about $25 to fill my tank.  Big difference, and we haven't begun to see the real increase YET!  I see $10 per gallon on the horizon.