Author Topic: Ted Cruz Most Popular Politician in Texas, Outperforming Biden, Abbott, Cornyn  (Read 5390 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Fishrrman

I had no idea he wasn't born in the US.

Will this keep him off the Supreme court?

No, @sneakypete   Natural born citizen applies only to elgibility for the office of President of the United States.  The Founders wanted no hint of dual alligiance in what is now the Oval Office.  These men were truly brilliant ....

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
@sneakypete

SCOTUS steadfastly refused to hear any of the challenges to Obama's eligibility, but one should note that SCOTUS has never applied the term "natural born citizen" to any other category than “those born in the country of parents who are citizens thereof”

The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 253 (1814)

The natives or indigenes are those born in the country of parents who are citizens.

Minor v. Happersett , 88 U.S. 162 (1875)

At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives or natural-born citizens,

United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898)

(A)ll children, born in a country of parents who were its citizens, became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

You have argued on this forum @Bigun that SCOTUS precedent is meaningless when compared to the actual words of the US Constitution : https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,448318.msg2501062.html#msg2501062.  By your own reasoning these legal precedents are irrelevant to this discussion.
James 1:20

Offline Right_in_Virginia

SneakyPete wonders:
"I think there MAY be something in his background that someone else knows about that keeps him from being more ambitious. Otherwise,he would have ran for President long ago."

There certainly is.
He fails the "natural born citizenship" test.
For that reason, Ted Cruz (regardless of how successful he is in the Senate) will never be president.

Or should never be president @Fishrrman   But for some reason that escapes me, for many conservatives this one man matters more than the Constitution and the Founders' intent.

Offline HoustonSam

And I have shown you that the law you cite has no application in the United States of America where there is no King and thus no lines of asencion. A FACT well known to the framers who were universally familiar with Vettel and referred to it repeatedly.

Vettel is a commentary, not a legal document.  Regardless of how influential it might have been, it was not the law and did not have the force of law.  Absent a specific legal act re-defining "natural born" from what the founders understood it to mean in the law they had known and practiced for years, there is no basis for concluding that they intended some other legal definition.

Penumbras and Emanations, @Bigun, Penumbras and Emanations.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Vettel is a commentary, not a legal document.  Regardless of how influential it might have been, it was not the law and did not have the force of law.  Absent a specific legal act re-defining "natural born" from what the founders understood it to mean in the law they had known and practiced for years, there is no basis for concluding that they intended some other legal definition.

Penumbras and Emanations, @Bigun, Penumbras and Emanations.

I'll stick with St. George Tucker and consider myself in good company.  Good day to you @HoustonSam
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

I'll stick with St. George Tucker and consider myself in good company.  Good day to you @HoustonSam

Anyone in your company @Bigun is in good company.

My best to you and yours this Thanksgiving.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, @sneakypete   Natural born citizen applies only to elgibility for the office of President of the United States.  The Founders wanted no hint of dual alligiance in what is now the Oval Office.  These men were truly brilliant ....

@Right_in_Virginia

EXCELLENT news! Thank you.

As a wise man once noted,"Ah pity da fool......" that would cross Cruz if he were sitting on the SC.

btw,I know he has turned down a nomination at least once,but that doesn't mean he wouldn't take it if he lost his Senate seat.

Smart people change their minds all the time.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 10:10:42 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

When Mr. Trump accused Cruz of being ineligible for the Presidency due to citizenship, He responded that he had STANDING and would argue his case before the USSC himself, Mark Levin, another Constitutional Lawyer, agreed with Cruz.  Is not Senator Cruz the most winning Lawyer, ALIVE, before the Court?  I'd take my chances with those odds.  He certainly couldn't go the route McStain (Panama) and romney (Mexico City) took and get a Senate Resolution since most those SOB's hate him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Cruz is one of the few conservatives left in Congress.  We need to seat many more like him and that unfortunately just isn't going to happen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

When Mr. Trump accused Cruz of being ineligible for the Presidency due to citizenship, He responded that he had STANDING and would argue his case before the USSC himself, Mark Levin, another Constitutional Lawyer, agreed with Cruz.  Is not Senator Cruz the most winning Lawyer, ALIVE, before the Court?  I'd take my chances with those odds.  He certainly couldn't go the route McStain (Panama) and romney (Mexico City) took and get a Senate Resolution since most those SOB's hate him.

Cruz definitely isn't Mr. Popular in the Senate and he and Mitch have never seen eye to eye.  I doubt he really gives a flip what Romney thinks of him. I doubt it would ever  happen, but I would love to see a debate between Mittens and Cruz -- sheer entertainment.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

Him and Jordan are the only Tea Party (2012) members left that we can still somewhat count on.  I didn't vote for Cruz in 2018 because I was still butthurt about his needless Budget votes of 2017.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Cruz definitely isn't Mr. Popular in the Senate and he and Mitch have never seen eye to eye.  I doubt he really gives a flip what Romney thinks of him. I doubt it would ever  happen, but I would love to see a debate between Mittens and Cruz -- sheer entertainment.

I met Senator Cruz at a small rally during his first primary for senate.  I was really impresses with his incredible intellect, and most of all his absolute love of this country. He is about as conservative as you can get as a legislator.   He really is a friendly guy too, but his pitfall is that his sharpness sometimes comes across as condescending when speaking, and has no problem challenging a view he is not in agreement.

I am sure he knows his problem with it, but he may have trouble controlling in much of the same manner heels up can't keep from doing her cackling storms.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

Great Men overcome their known inadequacies, others just tweet stupid $hit.

Offline LegalAmerican

Or should never be president @Fishrrman   But for some reason that escapes me, for many conservatives this one man matters more than the Constitution and the Founders' intent.

Well said.  I don't care anyone wants to massage what NATURAL BORN person means, the INTENT was on AMERICAN SOIL.  No where else.  No divided loyalty.  LOVE YOUR AMERICA. 

(You know anyone who is innocent, would want me on the jury.  No matter what crap would be said, thrown at the jury, I would get to the truth. I would find that person, NOT GUILTY.). 

Online corbe

Didn't your mama teach you Cruz Haters that if you can't say nothing nice, STFU!

Offline HoustonSam

I met Senator Cruz at a small rally during his first primary for senate.  I was really impresses with his incredible intellect, and most of all his absolute love of this country. He is about as conservative as you can get as a legislator.   He really is a friendly guy too, but his pitfall is that his sharpness sometimes comes across as condescending when speaking, and has no problem challenging a view he is not in agreement.

I am sure he knows his problem with it, but he may have trouble controlling in much of the same manner heels up can't keep from doing her cackling storms.

As strongly as I support Cruz, I agree that his manner can be off-putting at times.  But then again we are regularly told about a different political figure that we aren't supposed to distracted by meaningless personal traits.  In fact that other fellow's grating personal traits are actually a strength you see; so I'll embrace whatever condescending demeanor Cruz might occasionally have and argue that it is, actually, part of his greatness.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'll take Cruz over Trump any day.  Trump's use by date has expired.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

You are lucky; I unfortunately missed my chance to meet him.  I don't see flaws in his personality and demeanor as others do.

I've been a Cruz fan for awhile and we need more conservatives like him to fill seats in Congress.

Offline HoustonSam

I'll take Cruz over Trump any day.  Trump's use by date has expired.

Lots of people in the R party are willing to drink sour milk; in fact, they insist on it.

And depending on how badly the Ds continue failing, the whole country might be OK with it in 2024 as well.  Even sour milk is better than poison.

But we really ought to offer something better than sour milk.

Online corbe

In order to maintain some semblance of sanity is this crazy azz world I have immensely lowered my standards of what to expect.  I agree with you @HoustonSam in this instance we need to raise up and expect more than just another 4 years of 'sour milk'.

Offline HoustonSam

In order to maintain some semblance of sanity is this crazy azz world I have immensely lowered my standards of what to expect.  I agree with you @HoustonSam in this instance we need to raise up and expect more than just another 4 years of 'sour milk'.

Putting on my pedantic, condescending Cruz hat here - I don't really expect more than sour milk @corbe .  I just think we (actually the Rs) ought to offer more.

But it will be what it will be, and if Trump is the nominee then I'll drink the sour milk.  Right now I'm drinking Evan Williams Bottled in Bond; sorry, I don't know how to imbed an image of the bottle.

Online corbe

I raise a toast to your continued good health @HoustonSam

Offline HoustonSam

I raise a toast to your continued good health @HoustonSam

Yep, that's the one.  Not necessarily my favorite (that would be George Dickel Old Number 12), but you can't beat Evan 100 proof on bang for the buck; reasonably priced and good quality.

And I raise a glass to your continued good health also @corbe.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
As strongly as I support Cruz, I agree that his manner can be off-putting at times.  But then again we are regularly told about a different political figure that we aren't supposed to distracted by meaningless personal traits.  In fact that other fellow's grating personal traits are actually a strength you see; so I'll embrace whatever condescending demeanor Cruz might occasionally have and argue that it is, actually, part of his greatness.

I agree 100%, and those idiosyncrasies would have no bearing on my support of him, or whether I would vote for him.  OTOH, how it translates to the less discerning touchy feely voters is another matter.  And there is the problem.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline AARguy

I fully support Cruz, but I am also an Abbott fan. Abbott shielded us from all the China Virus restrictions. Abbott kept Critical Race Theory out of our schools. Abbott brought home our National Guard from DC before released by the radical left wing federal authority. Abbott signed the Constitutional Carry bill.

I escaped California (after two decades) four years ago and was born and raised in New York. I know what living in tyranny is all about. Texas is free. And Governor Abbott keeps us free. But like I said, Cruz is great too.