Author Topic: Florida turns red: DeSantis touts record as registered Republicans outnumber Democrats for the first  (Read 268 times)

Offline libertybele

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Florida turns red: DeSantis touts record as registered Republicans outnumber Democrats for the first time

There are now more registered Republican voters than Democrats in Florida for the first time in the Sunshine State's history.

"When I got elected governor we had 280,000 more registered Democrats than Republicans in the state of Florida," Gov. Ron DeSantis told a crowd at the National Conference of State Legislatures on Friday. "Today, and it will probably be fully publicized very soon, for the first time in the history of Florida we have overtaken Democrats. There are more registered Republicans in Florida than Democrats."

The crowd applauded Gov. DeSantis, who then joked that Republicans would have won the tightly contested New Jersey gubernatorial race if the state’s Republicans hadn’t moved to Florida.

DeSantis explained that Republicans are fleeing to Florida to escape coronavirus restrictions, lawlessness, crime, and other factors.

DeSantis also explained that Democrats have not governed well in the parts of the country they control.

"Once these areas go deep blue they get destroyed," DeSantis said. "How many places that are deep blue are well governed in this country? Can you name me some?"...................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-turns-red-desantis-registered-republicans-outnumber-democrats-first-time
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online cato potatoe

Much of this is the dixiecrat families in the panhandle and the heartland, either dying out or registering for the first time.  However, there were significant gains in Dade, Indian River, St. Lucie, Collier, Charlotte, Flagler, and Hernando counties.  Republicans lost ground only in Escambia, Seminole, and Orange.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit.  This is good news.  Liberal head will be exploding in Tallahassee.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.