Author Topic: Richardson Becomes 1st Woman to Lead Southern Command  (Read 151 times)

rangerrebew

Richardson Becomes 1st Woman to Lead Southern Command
« on: November 05, 2021, 12:28:24 pm »

Richardson Becomes 1st Woman to Lead Southern Command

Mon, 11/01/2021 - 13:01

In a ceremony before family, friends and dignitaries, Gen. Laura Richardson on Oct. 29 became the first woman to lead the U.S. Southern Command.

The trailblazing officer also is the first Army woman to lead a geographic combatant command and the second Army woman to reach the four-star rank. She succeeds Navy. Adm. Craig Faller, who is retiring after leading the command since November 2018 and nearly 40 years of service.

Richardson, who most recently commanded U.S. Army North, said she is “honored and excited” to serve alongside the Southern Command team. “I lead this team in an era of great change,” Richardson said during the change-of-command ceremony.

From rapid advancements in technology to “cross-cutting threats that know no borders,” including pandemics, transnational criminal organizations and climate change, the U.S. is in an era of “long-term strategic competition,” she said. She added that the security of the region is “inextricably linked” to U.S. national security.

https://www.ausa.org/news/richardson-becomes-1st-woman-lead-southern-command

rangerrebew

Re: Richardson Becomes 1st Woman to Lead Southern Command
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 12:29:54 pm »
How did she get selected?  She's white which means she's a home grown terrorist and should have been given her walking papers during the great purge. :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 01:37:17 am »
I guess they picked her based on her vast amount of combat experience?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 09:59:14 am »
How did she get selected?  She's white which means she's a home grown terrorist and should have been given her walking papers during the great purge. :whistle:
She sounds like she might understand the asymmetrical warfare situation we are in. Odd that she was selected, because half of that is from this Administration declaring war on Americans.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis