Author Topic: VA Lt. Gov.-Elect Sears: I’m ‘Destroying’ Race Narratives, You Can’t Say I’m ‘a Victim’ – ‘Wish Joy  (Read 387 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
VA Lt. Gov.-Elect Sears: I’m ‘Destroying’ Race Narratives, You Can’t Say I’m ‘a Victim’ – ‘Wish Joy Reid Would Invite Me on Her Show’

Ian Hanchett3 Nov 2021

On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “The Story,” Virginia Lt. Gov.-Elect Winsome Sears (R) said she is “destroying all of the narratives about race.” And wondered how anyone can say she’s a victim. Sears also challenged MSNBC host Joy Reid to “have a real discussion” with her on Reid’s show.

Sears said, “I’m destroying all of the narratives about race. Look at me, I am a heartbeat away from the governorship in case anything happens to the governor. And how are you going to tell me then, I’m a victim? And I didn’t do anything special to get here except stay in school and study. I took advantage of the opportunities that are available here in America. I wasn’t born here. This is not my culture, not my country. But it allowed me — America allowed me to come and do for myself and for my family. And I remember when I was wanting to go to college, I had three children under five. My husband took a lower-paying job so he could stay home because he already had his degree, and I put one of my children on the back of a bicycle so that I could get to college. So, no one can say to me I don’t know what it is to be poor. You’re looking at the American Dream. So, we can do better. And it’s not 1963 when my father came at the height of the Civil Rights movement, 17 days before Martin Luther King Jr. gave his ‘I Have a Dream’ speech. We’re better than that. We’re always going to have problems. I understand that. I’m not saying we’re perfect, but you can see those people at the border, right now, trying to get in. They’re dying to get in. Because they know if they can put a foot on American soil, the trajectory of their lives will change, just as it did for my father.”

Later, after viewing a clip of Reid accusing Republicans of encouraging “soft white nationalism,” Sears stated, “I wish Joy Reid would invite me on her show. Let’s see if she’s woman enough to do that. I’d go in a heartbeat and we’d have a real discussion without Joy speaking about me behind my back, if you will. She talks about white supremacy. Does she know that I ran against a white supremacist? I mean, Joy, come on, get your facts straight and then come talk to me.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/11/03/va-lt-gov-elect-sears-im-destroying-race-narratives-since-you-cant-say-im-a-victim-wish-joy-reid-would-invite-me-on-her-show/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

No chance she will be invited to any of the MSNBC shows
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No chance she will be invited to any of the MSNBC shows
Nope. Not unless it was taped and they could edit her like Katie Couric had Sarah Palin edited.

But either way, she owned them, if they invite her, she'll kick their asses, and if they don't, it shows fear she'll shred their narrative in front of their viewers and make them look like the idiots they are--as well as deliver a 'get off the plantation' message that would be hard to ignore.

What she is saying is a return to the ideals of the Blacks I knew in my childhood in the '60s--get an education, work hard, lift yourself up if you don't like where you are. You are only a victim if you acquiesce to your victimizers, most of whom will tell you they are there to help.  It is a roadmap to leave the land of Liberal oppression and join the mainstream.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Does this look like a victim?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

Does this look like a victim?

We'll see what happens and hopefully she's as conservative as she looks!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We'll see what happens and hopefully she's as conservative as she looks!

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “The Story,” Virginia Lt. Gov.-Elect Winsome Sears (R) said she is “destroying all of the narratives about race.” And wondered how anyone can say she’s a victim. Sears also challenged MSNBC host Joy Reid to “have a real discussion” with her on Reid’s show.

Sic 'em!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
She changes nothing.  Our corrupt media will continue to spew the race hate nonsense because that is all they know.  Just can't remove the stripes from a tiger.  It will be race, race, race for an eternity, because to speak the UGLY TRUTH, the overwhelming majority of minorities still buy that crap.

It has always been the Dems holding people of color down, and yet they buy the propaganda nonsense of the Democommies.

You would think Lincoln was a Democrat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She changes nothing.  Our corrupt media will continue to spew the race hate nonsense because that is all they know.  Just can't remove the stripes from a tiger.  It will be race, race, race for an eternity, because to speak the UGLY TRUTH, the overwhelming majority of minorities still buy that crap.

It has always been the Dems holding people of color down, and yet they buy the propaganda nonsense of the Democommies.

You would think Lincoln was a Democrat.

@jafo2010

It doesn't matter in one important respect. She breaks the Dim message that Republicans are all racists that want all blacks working as field laborers,and to be safe they need to vote Dim.

Since the "Republicans are Nazi's that want to enslave you again" message is the ONLY political message most blacks have ever heard,they tend to believe it.

I really had high hopes for her when I heard she was a Republican,and saw the photo of her carrying a modern version of the old M-16.

That died when I heard some of her issue statements. She IS better than an actual Dim,if only marginally due to the gun control issue and the message she sends to blacks that it is ok to not vote "D".

The gun control issue is a big deal all by itself

Offline Killer Clouds

@jafo2010

It doesn't matter in one important respect. She breaks the Dim message that Republicans are all racists that want all blacks working as field laborers,and to be safe they need to vote Dim.

Since the "Republicans are Nazi's that want to enslave you again" message is the ONLY political message most blacks have ever heard,they tend to believe it.

I really had high hopes for her when I heard she was a Republican,and saw the photo of her carrying a modern version of the old M-16.

That died when I heard some of her issue statements. She IS better than an actual Dim,if only marginally due to the gun control issue and the message she sends to blacks that it is ok to not vote "D".

The gun control issue is a big deal all by itself
She is holding an AR-15 and not an M-16.

Online LMAO

I personally know a few people that are from the far left and never underestimate the degree race motivates them

It’s not an exaggeration to say that they still think America is Alabama 1922

They believe that white cops shooting young black men is an out-of-control epidemic even when you show them the stats that prove otherwise

They really believe that America is an irredeemably racist country. Point out that we had a two-term black president, and it doesn’t phase them

I don’t know if the Party leadership believes all that. But their left-wing base does
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

I personally know a few people that are from the far left and never underestimate the degree race motivates them

It’s not an exaggeration to say that they still think America is Alabama 1922

They believe that white cops shooting young black men is an out-of-control epidemic even when you show them the stats that prove otherwise

They really believe that America is an irredeemably racist country. Point out that we had a two-term black president, and it doesn’t phase them

I don’t know if the Party leadership believes all that. But their left-wing base does
The US hasn't had a black POTUS  yet. Obummer was not black.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She is holding an AR-15 and not an M-16.

@Killer Clouds

Well,I DID use the word "version",but to me there is no practical difference. I hate wasting ammo,and even worse I had running out of ammo when I need it,so even in VN I almost always fired semi-auto.

Machine guns do have their place and time,but as a general rule I have no use for them,and I damn sure wouldn't pay extra for something I don't even want to use.

There is NO sound louder than a hammer falling on an empty chamber. Trust me on this one.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 02:45:41 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Killer Clouds

@Killer Clouds

Well,I DID use the word "version",but to me there is no practical difference. I hate wasting ammo,and even worse I had running out of ammo when I need it,so even in VN I almost always fired semi-auto.

Machine guns do have their place and time,but as a general rule I have no use for them,and I damn sure wouldn't pay extra for something I don't even want to use.

There is NO sound louder than a hammer falling on an empty chamber. Trust me on this one.
@sneakypete
I know you know the difference. I also agree with you about full auto. I personally have no need for full auto. I have built many custom AR-15s. One of my favorite ARs is a 6.5 Grendel I have that I use for long distance target shooting.  It's not even semi auto. It can be easily.  It has an adjustable gas block that is shut off.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
I know you know the difference. I also agree with you about full auto. I personally have no need for full auto. I have built many custom AR-15s. One of my favorite ARs is a 6.5 Grendel I have that I use for long distance target shooting.  It's not even semi auto. It can be easily.  It has an adjustable gas block that is shut off.

@Killer Clouds

Does that help accuracy?
 To ME,accuracy is everything. There is no room in my house for an inaccurate firearm.

Offline Killer Clouds

@Killer Clouds

Does that help accuracy?
 To ME,accuracy is everything. There is no room in my house for an inaccurate firearm.
Yes it does. It effectively turns it from semi auto to bolt action. It's not something I would use as a battle rifle or home defense. It is a great long distance rifle. I'm the same about accuracy. If my rifles don't shoot tighter than 1 moa it gets fixed. 1/2 moa is much better.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes it does. It effectively turns it from semi auto to bolt action. It's not something I would use as a battle rifle or home defense. It is a great long distance rifle. I'm the same about accuracy. If my rifles don't shoot tighter than 1 moa it gets fixed. 1/2 moa is much better.

@Killer Clouds

I have heard nothing but good things about the 6.5 round. I am not able to do much shooting anymore,so I quite buying rifles. Used to have a 721 Remington with a 26 inch barrel chambered in 300 H&H Magmum that everybody that ever shot it,lusted after it. I had a family emergency and had to some  up with some quick cash,and the first guy I called told me he wanted it without even asking how much I wanted for it,and that he would be right over to pick it up.

LOVED shooting it in the underground 100 yard range at a local gunshop. Every time I pulled the trigger,and plywood walls on the booth would shake.(G)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
I haven't been shooting for quite awhile. I have a custom built Remington 700 in .308. It's my baby. I love shooting that rifle. If I ever have to sell it that will break my heart. That rifle is what started me reloading ammo. Once I get out of Kalifornia it will be much easier to get back into shooting.

@Killer Clouds

I hate to admit it,but for ME,the best part about shooting was developing new loads specific for each particular weapon and purpose.

I have handloads for the custom all-steel Combat Commander that I created that not only function perfectly in it,but are balanced to the point where it seems like shooting factory loads when it comes to recoil.

Do NOT try to shoot them in a stock 1911A1,though. You can literally hear the slide go "clank" when it cycles.

Thos 200 gr loads are also insanely accurate.

No,I will NOT tell you or anyone else how much powder I use,or what kind. Nor will I tell you what modifications I made to the Combat Commander.

I will only say that either it,or my 44 Special DAO hammerless revolver are  my "go to town" guns. Around home,I generally carry a 9 shot 22 revolver for snakes,rabid animals,people that piss me off who might be foolish enough to threaten me,etc,etc,etc.

There is a SLIGHT possibility I may be more than a little anal about some things.