Author Topic: Schumer announces deal to lower prescription drug prices  (Read 99 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer announces deal to lower prescription drug prices
« on: November 02, 2021, 07:08:35 pm »
Schumer announces deal to lower prescription drug prices
By Peter Sullivan - 11/02/21 02:43 PM EDT

Democratic lawmakers have reached a deal on legislation to lower prescription drug prices to be included in President Biden's social spending package, Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) announced Tuesday. 

The agreement is less far-reaching than earlier Democratic proposals, but still represents progress on an issue the party has campaigned on for years. 

The agreement would allow Medicare to negotiate drug prices in limited instances, prevent drug companies from raising prices faster than inflation and cap out-of-pocket costs for seniors on Medicare at $2,000 per year.

Democrats scaled back their earlier sweeping measure because of concerns from a handful of moderates that it would have harmed innovation from drug companies to develop new treatments. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), as well as Reps. Scott Peters (D-Calif.) and Kurt Schrader (D-Ore.) were among those moderates and helped lead negotiations with leadership over the compromise measure.

"It's not everything we all wanted, many of us would have wanted to go much further, but it's a big step in helping the American people deal with the price of drugs," Schumer told reporters.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/579660-schumer-announces-deal-to-lower-prescription-drug-prices
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Schumer announces deal to lower prescription drug prices
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 07:23:01 pm »
Sinema just got the fig leaf she needs to cave to Pelosi.  Bet on it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

Re: Schumer announces deal to lower prescription drug prices
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 08:10:54 pm »
The same people whose policies are resulting in the price of everything else going up are somehow wanting us to be convinced that they can bring drug prices down?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy