Author Topic: Tech Lobbyists Fund 'Research' to Call for More Cheap Labor  (Read 113 times)

rangerrebew

Tech Lobbyists Fund 'Research' to Call for More Cheap Labor
« on: November 02, 2021, 06:58:03 pm »
Tech Lobbyists Fund 'Research' to Call for More Cheap Labor
By John Miano on November 2, 2021

In my days as a computer programmer, I could never have imagined the extent of lobbying and money that drives our government. Like most people, I thought that the business of lobbying consisted of people with contacts to politicians who sold access to others in order to push for legislation.

As I became involved in fighting Big Tech’s efforts to displace Americans, my eyes were opened to the breadth of the lobbying industry.

Lobbying also includes funneling money to politicians, their families, and their favorite charities. The methods lobbyists have developed to transfer money to politicians have become so numerous that it would take a series of books to cover.

The tech industry’s lobbying efforts include sending millions of dollars each year to faux civil rights groups — and lo and behold, nearly any group that opposes the tech industry’s search for more cheap foreign labor ends up on the donees’ “hate group” lists.

https://cis.org/Miano/Tech-Lobbyists-Fund-Research-Call-More-Cheap-Labor