Author Topic: Austin business owner calls for more police after being denied help while facing shoplifter  (Read 238 times)

Offline libertybele

This is horrible.   **nononono*

Austin business owner calls for more police after being denied help while facing shoplifter

An Austin, Texas, convenience store owner said he's urging voters to pass a pro-police initiative after the city's police department refused to send officers to help stop a shoplifter trying to attack him in his shop, even though "you can hear him yelling at me while I'm on the phone."

The Austin Police Department issued a policy on Oct. 1, in part to help alleviate its staffing challenges, that would reroute callers away from 911 if it didn't consider the incident an emergency. Linh Tu said his shop has been burglarized repeatedly and that the police would only tell him to call 311 to file a complaint.

"We need more police officers," Tu told Fox News. "We need to change the policy … to get an officer in any kind of crime."

"I was born and raised here, and what I've seen in the last two or three years, it's horrible," he continued. "It's a nightmare."...........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/austin-burglary-more-police
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.