Author Topic: Roughly 7 in 10 know 'just some,' little or nothing about spending packages: poll  (Read 202 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Roughly 7 in 10 know 'just some,' little or nothing about spending packages: poll
By Monique Beals - 10/31/21 02:41 PM EDT

A new poll published on Sunday found that about 7 in 10 Americans know 'just some' or even less about what's in both the Biden administration's infrastructure and social spending bills.

Despite 55 percent of respondents saying they were following negotiations about the bills at least somewhat closely, only 31 percent said they know a great deal or good amount about what's in the legislation.

Some 44 percent of respondents said they knew "just some" about what might be in the bills, while 25 percent knew little or nothing.

The survey showed that 32 percent of Americans thought the bills would hurt people like them compared to 25 percent who thought it would help them. Meanwhile, 18 percent of respondents thought the bills would make no difference, and 24 percent said they didn't know.

Even among Democrats, only 47 percent think the two bills, which are being negotiated by leaders in their party, would help people like them.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/579309-roughly-7-in-10-say-they-know-little-or-nothing-about-spending
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 12:39:08 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm a news junky, and I know "little to nothing" about it.  It changes daily.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Big deal I doubt hat less Than 1 in 10 elected official does either.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"A new poll published on Sunday found that about 7 in 10 Americans know 'just some' or even less about what's in both the Biden administration's infrastructure and social spending bills."

Is this not to be expected when there are perhaps hundreds of items buried deep in the pages of a 1,000+ page "bill" that haven't been made public yet?
(...or, at least not "public" in any meaningful way that would permit discussion and debate ahead of passage...)

Offline Killer Clouds

You are not alone. You would need to be a psychic to know what's in a bill that hasn't been written yet.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
WHEN WILL IT BE RECOGNIZED THAT THE DEMOCRATS WRITE MASSIVE BILLS SO THAT BY THE TIME YOU REALIZE WHATS IN THEM, THEY HAVE ALREADY PASSED! 
You have to pass it to find out whats in it Pelosi proudly announced,hoping enough fools would fall for it,THEY DID!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How many pages in that bill? How many would you have to read to only know 1%?

More to the point, How many of our Congress critters have read all of it?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'd like to see a Constitutional amendment that prescribes:
- No bill advanced in Congress shall exceed 50 pages.
- The hours of business in both houses shall be from 9am to 8pm
- No Congressional business shall be conducted except at those times.
- No vote taken at any time other than between the hours of 9am to 8pm shall be valid or Constitutional.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'd like to see a Constitutional amendment that prescribes:
- No bill advanced in Congress shall exceed 50 pages.
- The hours of business in both houses shall be from 9am to 8pm
- No Congressional business shall be conducted except at those times.
- No vote taken at any time other than between the hours of 9am to 8pm shall be valid or Constitutional.
I'd really like to see the rule: One bill, one law or appropriation. No sweeping omnibus anything.
An end to "The agency shall promulgate regulations..."
The eighth grader test. If an eight grader can't read and understand the Bill, it goes back to be rewritten.
For every law passed two are repealed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis