Author Topic: LIVE THREAD -- VA. Gubernatorial Election  (Read 16358 times)

Online libertybele

Re: LIVE THREAD -- VA. Gubernatorial Election
« Reply #550 on: November 03, 2021, 04:54:52 pm »
See?  Don't lose hope.  It's far from over!

It has been very difficult to not lose hope.  I have been in tears for this Republic watching what is happening and, yes, admittedly  I am frightened for the future.

I will definitely keep this in mind and hope that you are correct; that things are far from over.  Thanks @Cyber Liberty   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #551 on: November 03, 2021, 05:05:23 pm »
There were several times last night where Bret Baier pointed out that a Youngkin win was a done deal.  You could tell that he thought it should be called and was irritated that it was not.

In the end, both CNN and MSNBC called it for Youngkin before FoxNews.  Dems are running that network now.

They just recently rehired the guy that ran their Decision Desk last year that called Arizona so early. 

They had fired him just after that but now just a couple weeks ago they've quietly brought him back.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #552 on: November 03, 2021, 05:09:42 pm »
Looks like another Dem vote dump - Murphy up by 15K now in NJ.
The Republic is lost.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #553 on: November 03, 2021, 05:40:26 pm »
Looks like another Dem vote dump - Murphy up by 15K now in NJ.

Forget it, Jake.  It's New Jersey.

Online LMAO

« Reply #554 on: November 03, 2021, 05:57:04 pm »
It has been very difficult to not lose hope.  I have been in tears for this Republic watching what is happening and, yes, admittedly  I am frightened for the future.

I will definitely keep this in mind and hope that you are correct; that things are far from over.  Thanks @Cyber Liberty   :patriot:

You are not wrong in that there are challenges going forward. And I do agree that we do need some election reform whether  it was the result of Donald Trump’s loss or not remains open to debate. But I do think we do need election reforms. Have an ID or no vote. And especially this mass mail in ballot scheme. But don’t people shouldn’t believe  that Republicans problems will go away if we just have election reforms. As we saw last night, conservative issues win. What we saw last night I predicted after the 2020 election when the blue wave didn’t materialize

But as bad as things are now, it will pass. It’s our nature to be gloom and doom. But there is definitely a backlash against not just Joe Biden but the progressive left

The left will believe that they didn’t go radical enough. And they have major influence on the Democratic Party.

So, chin up, celebrate last night but recognize the fight only has begun. But the era of Bush/Romney republicanism is over
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 06:11:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

« Reply #555 on: November 03, 2021, 06:50:22 pm »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #556 on: November 03, 2021, 07:08:42 pm »

I'll admit to having my faith somewhat restored by last night - victory is still possible - but it'd be a huge mistake to listen to the Pollyannas who are today claiming this proves there's nothing wrong with the system. Real election reform is desperately required.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #559 on: November 03, 2021, 08:24:01 pm »
Virginia Lt Gov-Elect Winsome Sears slams Jemele Hill after sports writer blames 'white supremacy' for her win

Virginia Lt Gov-Elect Winsome Sears slams Jemele Hill after sports writer blames 'white supremacy' for her win
Winsome, a Marine Corps veteran, came to the United States from Jamaica as a child
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News

Winsome Sears, Virginia’s newly elected lieutenant governor and the first black female to win statewide election in the commonwealth, trolled sports commentator Jemele Hill on Twitter after the former ESPN host accused her of being a white supremacist.

"It’s not the messaging, folks," Hill tweeted in response to a resounding Republican victory in Virginia on Tuesday that elected Republican Glenn Youngkin as governor and Sears as Lt. Governor. "This country simply loves white supremacy."

"We beg to differ," A team account for Sears posted in response along with a photo of Sears holding an AR-15 rifle.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/winsome-sears-slams-jemele-hill-after-sports-writer-blames-white-supremacy-for-her-victory
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #560 on: November 03, 2021, 08:26:22 pm »

Winsome, a Marine Corps veteran, came to the United States from Jamaica as a child
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News

Winsome Sears, Virginia’s newly elected lieutenant governor and the first black female to win statewide election in the commonwealth, trolled sports commentator Jemele Hill on Twitter after the former ESPN host accused her of being a white supremacist.

"It’s not the messaging, folks," Hill tweeted in response to a resounding Republican victory in Virginia on Tuesday that elected Republican Glenn Youngkin as governor and Sears as Lt. Governor. "This country simply loves white supremacy."

"We beg to differ," A team account for Sears posted in response along with a photo of Sears holding an AR-15 rifle.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/winsome-sears-slams-jemele-hill-after-sports-writer-blames-white-supremacy-for-her-victory

I don't think Sears is going to be one to back down from a fight with these woke journalists of color.

Twitchy is reporting that Lt Gov Sears is daring Joy Reid to have her on her show.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 08:33:27 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #561 on: November 03, 2021, 08:32:14 pm »
I'm SO done with FNC! @AllThatJazzZ Tonight's coverage truly revealed their true colors and I'll never watch another show there!

You remind me of my cousin. Get in a huff over something with someone you mostly agree with and then slam the door shut. All or nothing. It's your choice, of course, but you can miss out on some important info. :shrug:

@Bigun

P.S. Let me know if you find the perfect news source. I might be interested.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #562 on: November 03, 2021, 08:43:28 pm »
Trump must be all smiles today

Happy days are here again, the skies above are clear again! There are thousands (millions?) of us who are all smiles today. I had the same warm fuzzies as I did 11 years ago when Obama's Dems took a midterm shellacking. So I went looking for this blast from the past and enjoyed it all over again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdES0GP0KhI

Now, on to 2022!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #563 on: November 03, 2021, 08:50:38 pm »
Well, Ciattarelli is back in the lead again in NJ by 500 votes, so maybe the horse isn't dead yet.

We're being teased, in the manner of a Fly Fisherman.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #564 on: November 03, 2021, 08:57:21 pm »
We're being teased, in the manner of a Fly Fisherman.

Yeah Murphy is back up about 15K at this point with supposedly 90% tallied (after reaching 93% earlier). That's probably the end.

Looks like a number of Dems in the legislature are losing too.

Doesn't bode well for Dems nationally because it's Joyzee and all the Dems should be winning by at least 10%.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #565 on: November 03, 2021, 09:00:31 pm »
Yeah Murphy is back up about 15K at this point with supposedly 90% tallied (after reaching 93% earlier). That's probably the end.

Looks like a number of Dems in the legislature are losing too.

Doesn't bode well for Dems nationally because it's Joyzee and all the Dems should be winning by at least 10%.

The smart political mechanics in the DNC (they do exist!) know very well there's trouble for the Rats ahead, but the actual politicians who believe their own good press are clueless.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #566 on: November 03, 2021, 09:10:13 pm »
I haven't 'watched'  FOX News in years; not worth the aggravation.

@libertybele

I'm really surprised and even saddened that people find it too difficult to navigate the FNC programming in order to tap into some very important information that I've yet to find anywhere else. If y'all are missing Tucker, you're missing out on stories and info that no one else covers. Mark Levin is also a must-watch for me. But y'all do y'all. I'm pretty adept at filtering through the fluff to get to the stuff. Maybe majoring in journalism (back when ethics mattered) helped me develop that skill.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #567 on: November 03, 2021, 09:11:58 pm »
The smart political mechanics in the DNC (they do exist!) know very well there's trouble for the Rats ahead, but the actual politicians who believe their own good press are clueless.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, the VA sweep by the GOP was awesome, but to see what's happening in NJ, TX, OH, and even Seattle tells me this is not a flash in the pan.

Especially NJ, because it went down the ticket. I don't think all but a few astute Dems really know just how bad they cratered.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 09:14:16 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #568 on: November 03, 2021, 09:12:24 pm »
New Jersey Governor’s Race a Nail-Biter as Roughly 15,000 Votes Separate the Competitors

The New Jersey governor’s race has emerged as an unexpected nail biter, as roughly 15,000 votes separated the incumbent Gov. Phil Murphy (D) from his Republican challenger Jack Ciattarelli as of Wednesday afternoon.
Hannah Bleau3 Nov 2021, 2:02 PM PDT

Hannah Bleau3 Nov 20210
2:09

The New Jersey governor’s race has emerged as an unexpected nail-biter, as roughly 15,000 votes separated the incumbent Gov. Phil Murphy (D) from his Republican challenger Jack Ciattarelli as of Wednesday afternoon.

Murphy went into Election Day with a solid advantage in polls, leading his Republican challenger by an average of 7.8 points, per RealClearPolitics. However, after the polls closed and the results flooded in Tuesday night, all eyes turned to the Garden State as Ciattarelli took the lead, outperforming expectations.

Murphy took the lead back overnight, but the race has yet to be called as roughly 15,000 votes separate the two candidates.

As of Wednesday afternoon, with 89 percent of the vote in, Murphy led Ciattarelli by less than a single percentage point — 49.9 percent to 49.3 percent.

“Last night was a historic one for New Jersey Republicans, who picked up at least a half dozen Assembly seats, several Senate seats, along with county and local seats up and down the state,” Stami Williams, campaign spokeswoman for the Republican, said.

“Jack is proud to lead our ticket and our party’s resurgence,” she continued, adding that the team is now “focused on making sure all the legal ones are counted and our citizens can have confidence in the system”:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/03/new-jersey-governors-race-a-nail-biter-as-roughly-15000-votes-separate-the-competitors/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #569 on: November 03, 2021, 09:31:49 pm »
I HOPE you are right! But remember, Democrats/Liberals are morons. They will say we didn't go far-Left far enough.
Exactly. When they are wrong, they double down again. It is how they have ended up where they are.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #570 on: November 03, 2021, 09:32:40 pm »
@libertybele

I'm really surprised and even saddened that people find it too difficult to navigate the FNC programming in order to tap into some very important information that I've yet to find anywhere else. If y'all are missing Tucker, you're missing out on stories and info that no one else covers. Mark Levin is also a must-watch for me. But y'all do y'all. I'm pretty adept at filtering through the fluff to get to the stuff. Maybe majoring in journalism (back when ethics mattered) helped me develop that skill.

@AllThatJazzZ  I don't watch TV period (with the exception of tuning in to Yellowstone sometimes). There's usually a recap of Tucker's show on the net as well as Levin; I do stay informed in other ways.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #571 on: November 03, 2021, 09:35:09 pm »
There  are also still too many in the GOP who still also believe that the New York Times and Washington Post represent middle America
That is what happens when you forsake your district and spend all your time in the Beltway echo chamber.

You lose touch with America.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #572 on: November 03, 2021, 09:41:47 pm »
Supposedly they just "fixed" an error and the Republican is slightly ahead again:

https://beckernews.com/wow-a-voting-error-was-just-fixed-in-new-jersey-and-jack-ciattarelli-is-back-up-in-the-governors-race-42892/
What? Did they get caught double dipping?

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #573 on: November 03, 2021, 09:42:34 pm »
I hope it involves multi-story buildings and gravity, but I am not going to hold my breath.

I like the way you think.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #574 on: November 03, 2021, 09:45:57 pm »
You are not wrong in that there are challenges going forward. And I do agree that we do need some election reform whether  it was the result of Donald Trump’s loss or not remains open to debate. But I do think we do need election reforms. Have an ID or no vote. And especially this mass mail in ballot scheme. But don’t people shouldn’t believe  that Republicans problems will go away if we just have election reforms. As we saw last night, conservative issues win. What we saw last night I predicted after the 2020 election when the blue wave didn’t materialize

But as bad as things are now, it will pass. It’s our nature to be gloom and doom. But there is definitely a backlash against not just Joe Biden but the progressive left

The left will believe that they didn’t go radical enough. And they have major influence on the Democratic Party.

So, chin up, celebrate last night but recognize the fight only has begun. But the era of Bush/Romney republicanism is over

Oh, I definitely realize that the fight has just begun. I am glad that the Bush/Romney Rinoism is over.   Conservatives have a very long uphill battle.  When we have people rioting in the streets with no repercussions, stolen elections, police precincts being defunded, Americans left behind while Afghan refugees take precedent, illegals pouring across our border and the left is considering paying them $450,000  and want to monitor legal Americans' bank accounts, this country has  some very deep seated issues. Issues that threaten the very existence of our Republic. Soros and company aren't going to go away anytime soon.

Last night's victory for conservatism will hopefully be the beginning of many.

Yes, last night was reason to celebrate and I'll leave it at that.