Author Topic: LIVE THREAD -- VA. Gubernatorial Election  (Read 16328 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: LIVE THREAD -- VA. Gubernatorial Election
« Reply #525 on: November 03, 2021, 02:11:47 pm »
McAuliffe concedes Virginia governor's race to Youngkin
By Julia Manchester - 11/03/21 09:58 AM EDT

Former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) conceded to Gov.-elect Glenn Youngkin (R) on Wednesday, hours after Youngkin declared victory.
"Congratulations to Governor-Elect Glenn Youngkin on his victory," McAuliffe said in a statement. "I hope Virginians will join me in wishing the best to him and his family."

Youngkin narrowly defeated McAuliffe by roughly 2 points on Tuesday.

In the same statement, McAuliffe pushed for a number of the liberal initiatives he highlighted during the campaign.

"While last night we came up short, I am proud that we spent this campaign fighting for the values we so deeply believe in. We must protect Virginia's great public schools and invest in our students," McAuliffe said.

"We must protect affordable health care coverage, raise the minimum wage faster, and expand paid leave so working families have a fighting shot," he added. "We must protect voting rights, protect a woman's right to choose, and, above all else, we must protect our democracy."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/579796-mcauliffe-concedes-virginia-governors-race-to-youngkin

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #526 on: November 03, 2021, 02:12:06 pm »
I am breathlessly waiting to see what Bette Midler and Alyssa Milano have to say

I hope it involves multi-story buildings and gravity, but I am not going to hold my breath.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 02:16:09 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #527 on: November 03, 2021, 02:15:33 pm »
McAuliffe concedes Virginia governor's race to Youngkin
By Julia Manchester - 11/03/21 09:58 AM EDT

New poltical tactic perfected by Hillary.  Avoid embarassment by not conceding election night, even though you have clearly lost.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #528 on: November 03, 2021, 02:18:21 pm »
New poltical tactic perfected by Hillary.  Avoid embarassment by not conceding election night, even though you have clearly lost.

I think Rush called McAwful "A Punk"  He was right.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #529 on: November 03, 2021, 02:50:27 pm »
Since election board offices in New Jersey opened at 8 am, the Dem candidate tally has increased by thousands of votes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #530 on: November 03, 2021, 02:50:46 pm »
And....that's a wrap!  Now it's time to watch the cheating in NJ.

(And good job, Seattle!  I didn't know you had it in ya....)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #531 on: November 03, 2021, 02:53:40 pm »
Thanks. For some reason, FNC talked over it.  :pondering:

I'm SO done with FNC! @AllThatJazzZ Tonight's coverage truly revealed their true colors and I'll never watch another show there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #534 on: November 03, 2021, 02:59:39 pm »
I'm SO done with FNC! @AllThatJazzZ Tonight's coverage truly revealed their true colors and I'll never watch another show there!

There were several times last night where Bret Baier pointed out that a Youngkin win was a done deal.  You could tell that he thought it should be called and was irritated that it was not.

In the end, both CNN and MSNBC called it for Youngkin before FoxNews.  Dems are running that network now.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #535 on: November 03, 2021, 03:00:51 pm »
Yep… They will have learned nothing.

Exactly, but if there is one trait common among 100% of all congresscritters is that their need for survival exceeds everything else.
Based on that fact, there might be some being emboldened to think about how their vote might impact their employment in November 2022.

I'll wager that this will give Manchin ammo to vote against any kind Build Back Anything.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #536 on: November 03, 2021, 03:01:09 pm »
Sucks that Murphy pulled ahead slightly in the NJ Gov race, but then again it's Jersey - he should be up by more than 10 points.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #537 on: November 03, 2021, 03:03:13 pm »
Yep… They will have learned nothing.

No, not the leadership in safe blue districts. But there are at least a couple of dozen seats that were won by Dems by 5% or less.

THEY will be paying attention and screw the leadership.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #538 on: November 03, 2021, 03:05:37 pm »

Telling parents to butt out of their childrens' classroom education is always a losing proposition.  It takes a village to elect a Governor.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #539 on: November 03, 2021, 03:09:26 pm »
@sneakypete
I don't travel in those circles so I don't have names but I would never pick career political hacks, that was Trumps downfall.
To many back channel conversations and relationships built on graft and mutual backscratching....

Need folks that are not interested in political careers or being party favorites.

I REALLY like how you think @EdinVA
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #540 on: November 03, 2021, 03:11:19 pm »

I think there is a powerful faction within FNC of the Murdoch boys, Wallace, Hume, Cavuto, et.al who are countering Carlson, Hannity, and Levin for network direction as it pertains to Trump and Trump agenda.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall nowadays to hear what they are discussing.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #541 on: November 03, 2021, 03:12:06 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #542 on: November 03, 2021, 03:27:02 pm »
Sucks that Murphy pulled ahead slightly in the NJ Gov race, but then again it's Jersey - he should be up by more than 10 points.

He may well be by the time they finally stop generating votes.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #543 on: November 03, 2021, 03:30:16 pm »
It sucks but was entirely predictable. The situation was tailor-made for the rat fraud machine.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #545 on: November 03, 2021, 04:17:39 pm »

I haven't 'watched'  FOX News in years; not worth the aggravation.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #546 on: November 03, 2021, 04:22:57 pm »
I am absolutely elated and really surprised that Youngkin won!!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

I only hope and pray that the GOP/RNC begins to push for election/ballot integrity. Now is not the time to relax, the time is to push very, very hard!!!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #548 on: November 03, 2021, 04:39:55 pm »
I am absolutely elated and really surprised that Youngkin won!!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

I only hope and pray that the GOP/RNC begins to push for election/ballot integrity. Now is not the time to relax, the time is to push very, very hard!!!!

See?  Don't lose hope.  It's far from over!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #549 on: November 03, 2021, 04:45:17 pm »
Well, Ciattarelli is back in the lead again in NJ by 500 votes, so maybe the horse isn't dead yet.
The Republic is lost.