Author Topic: Senate GOP lines up behind Trump-backed candidates  (Read 78 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Senate GOP lines up behind Trump-backed candidates
« on: October 29, 2021, 07:52:58 pm »
Senate GOP lines up behind Trump-backed candidates
The Hill, Oct 28,  2021

Republican leaders are getting on board with Donald Trump’s growing list of Senate endorsements after months of hand-wringing over the former president’s picks.

Despite early concerns that Trump could tip the scales toward untested primary candidates who could jeopardize the GOP’s mission to recapture control of the Senate next year, many Republicans are now expressing ease — even excitement — about the former president’s endorsements.

"Six months ago, I would have told you that he should stay out of it, just let the primaries play out,” one Republican consultant who has worked on Senate campaigns said. “I don’t see a lot of daylight anymore between who he’s picked and who can actually win.”

In the latest sign that GOP leaders in Washington are coming around to Trump’s slate of candidates, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) endorsed former football star Herschel Walker’s Senate bid in Georgia on Monday, calling him “the only one who can unite the party” to defeat Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) next year.

That endorsement came two days after the No. 2 Senate Republican, Minority Whip John Thune (R-S.D.), became the upper chamber’s first GOP leader to officially back Walker, who jumped into the Georgia Senate race in August after months of prodding by Trump.

The endorsements from the top rungs of Republican leadership embody the GOP’s willingness to quickly coalesce behind a candidate in what is expected to be one of the most competitive Senate races of the 2022 midterm elections.

More:  https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/578822-senate-gop-lines-up-behind-trump-backed-candidates

Offline bilo

Re: Senate GOP lines up behind Trump-backed candidates
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 09:08:32 pm »
I don't believe they are coming around to supporting the America First agenda. They are in bed with the same corporations that are receiving special treatment from the Rats.

I think they see the Tsunami that's coming.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Senate GOP lines up behind Trump-backed candidates
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 09:15:53 pm »

Many two-faced, hyprocritical, flip-flopping, spineless US Chamber of Commerce Republicans are pandering to MAGA to access its money and its primary influence.  They don't really believe the Trump Kool-Aid that they claim to be drinking.  They are the same Repukelicans that have spent the last 30 years offshoring America to India and China.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.