Author Topic: JUST IN: Hyten Concerned With Pace of Hypersonics, Counter-UAS Tech  (Read 74 times)

rangerrebew

JUST IN: Hyten Concerned With Pace of Hypersonics, Counter-UAS Tech
10/28/2021
By Meredith Roaten

Amid reports of a Chinese hypersonic missile test, Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. John Hyten told reporters Oct. 28 that the slow pace of technology development is a problem for the Pentagon’s ability to deter China.

Last week the Financial Times reported that over the summer China had tested a hypersonic missile — a maneuverable projectile capable of traveling at speeds over Mach 5. If the Defense Department wants to stay ahead, it needs to cut through bureaucracy to field capabilities like hypersonics and counter-unmanned aerial systems, Hyten said weeks before his retirement.

“The Department of Defense is still unbelievably bureaucratic and slow,” he said at a Defense Writers Group event. “I would encourage my successor, in everything that he touches, to focus on speed and reinserting speed back into the processes of the Pentagon.”

The Chinese demonstration was “close to” a Sputnik moment for the country, said Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Mark Milley speaking to Bloomberg Television on Oct. 27.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2021/10/28/hyten-concerned-with-pace-of-hypersonics-counter-uas-tech

Offline EdinVA

Re: JUST IN: Hyten Concerned With Pace of Hypersonics, Counter-UAS Tech
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 11:32:13 am »
The Pentagon has fallen behind in the hypersonic development race because it won’t test systems until it’s “highly confident” it will work, unlike China who is not afraid to fail and “move fast.”

If we fail, you lose your career and 10,000 bored lawyers at the puzzle palace will see to it along with the lamestream media.

No single person can fix this unless you are willing to sacrifice everything to do it and the fact that Hyten has not fixed it proves my point... gonna leave it to someone else, again.