Author Topic: Poll: Republican Glenn Youngkin Ahead of Democrat Terry McAuliffe by 8 Points in Virginia Governor’s  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Republican Glenn Youngkin has pulled ahead of Democrat Terry McAuliffe by eight points in the Virginia’s governor’s race, securing a sizable lead as the election stands less than a week away.

The latest Fox News Poll shows that Youngkin’s momentum has dramatically shifted over the course of two weeks, climbing up from a five-point deficit to take a commanding lead over McAuliffe – 53 percent to 45 percent among likely voters.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/28/poll-republican-glenn-youngkin-ahead-of-democrat-terry-mcauliffe-by-8-points-in-virginia-governors-race/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

All together now, please:   :0001:

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

So an R gets elected and its a transformational event!
Wow! Who knew???

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So an R gets elected and its a transformational event!
Wow! Who knew???

If only you would be transforaminal.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Absalom

If only you would be transforaminal.
-----------------------------
So an explanation is appropriate.
I loathe every aspect of politics, the core reason we are embedded in our morass; politics 24/7/365.
Just my opinion!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
-----------------------------
So an explanation is appropriate.
I loathe every aspect of politics, the core reason we are embedded in our morass; politics 24/7/365.
Just my opinion!

You are one weird dude.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I doubt he has built that big of a lead in that liberal hell hole.

OTOH, its not much of winning strategy when all the bad you can say about your opponent is his association with a POTUS who hasn't had the job in almost a year.  The Orange Boogey Man approach is failing.

Dumb if you ask me.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

Good.  That means I can stay home and not vote, Youngkin is going to win

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Good.  That means I can stay home and not vote, Youngkin is going to win

No....it means we only have to vote once @EdinVA    wink777

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 11:06:26 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline cato potatoe

As we have seen in the past, the results of polling aren't terribly important, but the trends are worth paying attention to.  Youngkin has gained a bit less than a point every week since August.  He definitely has the momentum, and if the weather is decent on Tuesday, he can win.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I doubt he has built that big of a lead in that liberal hell hole.

@catfish1957

I don't. IMHO,the Dims really made a tactical mistake by trotting out people like Obama. I susptect THAT fired up a lot of voters as they remembered what that dummy is like.

The Dims already had the Dim voters in the bag,and needed to pull in the undecided voters and some Republican voters. Trotting people like Obomber out had the opposite effect.

Yeah,Obomber is star material in the great frozen north and the left coast,but no so much in Virginia once you get out of the DC area.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

I don't. IMHO,the Dims really made a tactical mistake by trotting out people like Obama. I susptect THAT fired up a lot of voters as they remembered what that dummy is like.

The Dims already had the Dim voters in the bag,and needed to pull in the undecided voters and some Republican voters. Trotting people like Obomber out had the opposite effect.

Yeah,Obomber is star material in the great frozen north and the left coast,but no so much in Virginia once you get out of the DC area.

Hope you are right, but perceptions are more powerful than fact, and if McAulife and his cronies have any success in tying their opponent to Trump, they will never be out of it in Liberal VA.  The orange boogey man strategy was a Hail Mary.....   We'll see where it lands.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

@catfish1957

Obama would probably be, on a net basis, somewhat positive; however, bringing in Biden was worse than stupid, and almost certainly undid any positive benefits obtained from Obastard.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Obama would probably be, on a net basis, somewhat positive; however, bringing in Biden was worse than stupid, and almost certainly undid any positive benefits obtained from Obastard.

No argument there.  There's a reason we see "Let's Go Brandon" on signs everywhere.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I Don't Care Who Votes, Only Who Counts the Votes"

Joseph (Uncle Joe) Stalin
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

I see it as "doubling down on stoopid".

Offline Absalom

You are one weird dude.
---------------------------
Weird, eh....... well surely different!
Thousands of years past, the Ancients birthed civilization, the likes of w/Sargon of Akkad, then Hammurabi of Babylon, Imhotep of Egypt, Philip of Macedon (Greece) and Tiberius Caesar of Rome; to name but a handful among multi-hundreds.
Anyway reflect on the reality that their accomplishments were achieved w/o the stench of our party politics.
Yet we loudly assert that we are the greatest ever.
Hmmm..............who knew?????

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Thousands of years past, the Ancients birthed civilization, the likes of w/Sargon of Akkad, then Hammurabi of Babylon, Imhotep of Egypt, Philip of Macedon (Greece) and Tiberius Caesar of Rome; to name but a handful among multi-hundreds.
Anyway reflect on the reality that their accomplishments were achieved w/o the stench of our party politics.

???

Didn't Brutus and his band of 60 collaborating senators kill Ceasar near or on the steps of the Senate for political reasons?

At least be accurate in your blather...

Offline Killer Clouds

Youngkin needs to keep campaigning like he's 20 points down.

Offline Absalom

???
Didn't Brutus and his band of 60 collaborating senators kill Ceasar near or on the steps of the Senate for political reasons?
At least be accurate in your blather...
--------------------------
Hmm....uncanny the insights you articulate when ideas emerge
but not to worry, as its just a temporary panic attack!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 11:40:25 pm by Absalom »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Those poll "results" could be McAuliffe campaign subterfuge to depress the Republican voter turnout on Tuesday, as many Republicans choose to vote only on election day.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Absalom

PLEASE......,tell that to the Marines,they will believe anything.

Human nature IS and will forever be a part of politics as well as every other aspect of humanity.

You can bet your bippy there was a LOT of political backstabbing going on in the background,and sometimes right out in public.

It wasn't all puppy dog kisses.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Youngkin needs to keep campaigning like he's 20 points down.

@Killer Clouds

Bingo!

Getting overconfident late in an election is a rookie mistake. Most political pros would throw their mama in front of a speeding car the day before the election so they could claim to be newly orphaned to get the sympathy vote.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
--------------------------
Hmm....uncanny the insights you articulate when ideas emerge but not worry,
as its just a temporary panic attack!

Instead of countering with a continual string of silly non-sequiturs, why not just admit that men have been political, and that these have been on a factionalized basis since they were throwing stones and spears.