Author Topic: NAACP calls on athletes not to sign with Texas teams due to recent legislation  (Read 244 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/32497111/naacp-calls-athletes-not-sign-texas-teams-due-recent-legislation

<snipit>
HOUSTON -- The NAACP sent a letter to the players' associations in five professional sports Thursday asking players to reconsider signing with teams in Texas due to recent laws passed in the state.

In a two-page letter signed by NAACP president and CEO Derrick Johnson that was sent to the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL and WNBA players' associations, the organization pointed to recent laws on abortions, voting rights and mask mandates during the coronavirus pandemic as reasons to avoid joining teams in Texas.

"If you are considering signing in Texas, I ask you to ensure that owners are upholding their responsibility of protecting you, the athlete, and your family," the letter states. "I ask you to use your influence to help protect the constitutional rights of each individual at risk."

In May, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed an abortion law that bans procedures after six weeks of pregnancy. In September, Abbott signed a bill that significantly tightened voting laws. Earlier in the month, Abbott also issued an executive order that banned vaccine requirements in Texas.
===================================================================================

NHL?   

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

Ask a narcissist not to put me first...  :silly:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Don't you just love the ignorance of the NAACP? 

I went for a doctor appointment, and one of the folks waiting on me was a lady of color who started on politics, and after a few words traded, she said, I suppose you voted for Trump?

I said, yes both times.  Anyway, we got on the subject of abortion, and she surprised me and told me she vehemently opposed it.

I asked her if she knew who Margaret Sanger was?  She never heard of her.  I told her she founded Planned Parenthood, and that she was a leader of eugenics.  She never heard of that either.  When I explained that Sanger believed that we need to control the undesirables, that is folks of color, Jews, Catholics and the poor, she just sat silent.  And then I pointed out to her that two of her heroes could not sing the praises of Sanger higher, namely Obama and Clinton.  And when I told her there is a bust of Sanger in the Civil Rights section of the Smithsonian Museum, again, just silence.

The old axiom, ignorance is bliss crossed my mind.  How ignorant is our total population?  Extremely!  This woman is just one of most of us, totally clueless, and yet angry at the white man for something that happened over 150 years ago in this nation.  She started talking about slavery, even condemning Lincoln.  I thought, what a blind fool.  Planned Parenthood is fulfilling its mission of keep the undesirables in check, and she doesn't get it. 

And the irony of the country being flooded with illegal aliens, all who will take jobs from her demographic, and yet I am certain she supports the flood of them into the USA.  When I challenged her about that, and told her they are taking many jobs from USA citizens, I know I had her thinking about something she never considered.

The day will come when the Hispanic population is the majority, and they will garner the power.  And you know who will be on the outside, clueless about what went down?  Need I say it???!!!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 06:19:59 am by jafo2010 »