Author Topic: The U.S. is in talks to offer immigrant families separated at the border in 2018 about $450,000 a pe  (Read 825 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

The U.S. is in talks to offer immigrant families separated at the border in 2018 about $450,000 a person in compensation
Wall Street Journal, Oct 28, 2021, Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ/status/1453799536615464971

Online Right_in_Virginia

Not behind paywall .....

WASHINGTON—The Biden administration is in talks to offer immigrant families that were separated during the Trump administration around $450,000 a person in compensation, according to people familiar with the matter, as several agencies work to resolve lawsuits filed on behalf of parents and children who say the government subjected them to lasting psychological trauma.

The U.S. Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services are considering payments that could amount to close to $1 million a family, though the final numbers could shift, the people familiar with the matter said. Most of the families that crossed the border illegally from Mexico to seek asylum in the U.S. included one parent and one child, the people said. Many families would likely get smaller payouts, depending on their circumstances, the people said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-administration-in-talks-to-pay-hundreds-of-millions-to-immigrant-families-separated-at-border-11635447591?mod=e2tw

Offline EdinVA

What a load of.....
This money must be in that bill they are trying to force thru..

Online Right_in_Virginia

9999hair out0000       9999hair out0000       9999hair out0000       9999hair out0000       9999hair out0000

***suicide***

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Damn I want $450k too!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Are you f**king kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online Kamaji

Offer to give them first-class tickets to GTF out of here.  And that's it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
HEY!

I am part Greek,part Irish,part Scots!

Doan that make ME a "3 way immigrant"?

Whurs mah 1,350,000 dollahs?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

HEY!

@sneakypete
Which part is the translator?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
HEY!

CraP. Both sides.of the family were here before there was a "United States". I can't even claim immigrant status, but am not considered "Native American" :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Bordering on insanity: Payout edition

Powerline  by Scott Johnson  October 29, 2021
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/10/bordering-on-insanity-payout-edition.php

A bit deeper into the story we find this:

Many of the lawsuits describe lasting mental-health problems for the children from the trauma of the months without their parents in harsh conditions, including anxiety, a fear of strangers and nightmares. The lawsuits seek a range of payouts, with the average demand being roughly $3.4 million per family, some of the people said.

In recent months, lawyers for the families and the government have told courts overseeing the cases that they are engaged in settlement negotiations and hoped to reach a deal by the end of November.

“President Biden has agreed that the family separation policy is a historic moral stain on our nation that must be fully remedied,” said Lee Gelernt, deputy director of the ACLU’s immigrant-rights project and a lead negotiator on one of the lawsuits. “That remedy must include not only meaningful monetary compensation, but a pathway to remain in the country.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tucker Carlson Rips ‘The Most Deranged Story Ever Printed’ in Must-See Rant: ‘It is Almost Impossible to Believe That It’s Real’

by Kyle Becker

https://rumble.com/embed/vlso5n/?pub=4

more
https://trendingpolitics.com/tucker-carlson-rips-the-most-deranged-story-ever-printed-in-must-see-rant-it-is-almost-impossible-to-believe-that-its-real-knab/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Somebody PLEASE splain to simple old me WHY we owe THEM  a single damn thing for invading our country and getting caught?

THEY owe US for food,shelter,medical care,and the expenses involved in arresting and retaining them.

And,of course,their scumbag greedy lawyers just need to be hanged.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 29, 2021
The Biden administration’s mind-boggling cash giveaway to illegal aliens
By Bob Parks

Aside from exploitative nonprofits and opportunistic politicians, very few Americans invited illegal aliens to break our immigration laws intentionally—their very first act in the United States. Indeed, many Americans have had negative interactions with illegals, examples of which we see on an almost daily basis. Just the other day, a drunk-driving illegal alien killed a five-year-old girl, and there are other stories of thefts, robberies, sexual assaults. There are very few things anyone can point to that would be considered a benefit to having them around.

Only crazed Democrats could find a way to excuse this. Of course, Joe Biden has almost erased our southern border in an act of petty vindictiveness against President Trump and law-abiding Americans. But they just had to throw more salt in the wound....

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/10/the_biden_administrations_mindboggling_cash_giveaway_to_illegal_aliens.html
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

With 3.5, or even 1.5 trillion dollars in 'infrastructure' money you can do stuff like offer a half million dollars to each illegal  you've recently invited in for their votes in perpetuity.

But just imagine how easy it would be for Uncle Sam to make all the problems your tax-paying ass has go away with a casual gift of that kind of money.

Nope, not for you. For you, a few hundred thousand more IRS agents.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 02:14:27 pm by skeeter »

Offline mountaineer

Erielle Davidson
@politicalelle
Someone made a good point. The Biden policy is $450K per person in the family. Family of four means close to $2 million. The U.S. government is creating millionaires from those who enter our country illegally.
7:10 PM · Oct 28, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia