Author Topic: Navy Not Sure What USS Connecticut Struck in the South China Sea, Beijing Accuses U.S. of Cover-Up  (Read 226 times)

rangerrebew

Navy Not Sure What USS Connecticut Struck in the South China Sea, Beijing Accuses U.S. of Cover-Up
By: Sam LaGrone
October 27, 2021 4:43 PM

The U.S. Navy still isn’t positive what one of its most powerful attack submarines hit in the South China Sea, as repair assessments continue in Guam, four sources familiar with the results of the preliminary investigations told USNI News this week.

As of Tuesday afternoon, the undersea object that damaged the forward section of USS Connecticut (SSN-22) had not been definitively determined as part of several investigations into the Oct. 2 incident, the sources said.

Early indications were Connecticut hit a seamount in the South China Sea, two defense officials familiar with the Navy’s examination of the submarines told USNI News, but that has not been confirmed by investigators. Politico first reported earlier this month that the boat may have hit an undersea feature.

Cmdr. Cindy Fields, a spokesperson with Submarine Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet, told USNI News the command had nothing to add to its initial statement on what the submarine hit. She said two investigations – a safety investigation board convened by COMSUBPAC and a command investigation overseen by the Japan-based U.S. 7th Fleet – are currently looking into the incident.

https://news.usni.org/2021/10/27/navy-not-sure-what-uss-connecticut-struck-in-the-south-china-sea-beijing-accuses-u-s-of-cover-up

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If this occurred in international waters than screw the chicoms grave concerns. Do they have a submersible that was damaged in the collision? if not they need to STFU it's none of their business.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

A US Navy Sub crashed into a seamount, on the bottom of the ocean?  When will the Pacific Fleet stop crashing into things?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Perhaps they ran into another island China is building up in the sea?

Offline Absalom

Most likely it was Kim Jong Un out for a swim!

Offline PeteS in CA

Most likely it was Kim Jong Un out for a swim!

No, they didn't hit a whale, ****drummer .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline corbe

I still contend they ran right into bidet's poll numbers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I suspect that the U.S. Navy knows exactly what they hit -- but that they are gonna do their best to not reveal it...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I suspect that the U.S. Navy knows exactly what they hit -- but that they are gonna do their best to not reveal it...

Damn straight.  They know.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Pretty sure China knows what was hit too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Fishrrman

I am not so sure of that,but all I know about submarines is that they sink,and hopefully,come back to the surface again anytime they want or need to.

What I AM sure of is that if the US Navy has some sort of "secret squirrel" devices so refined they can see images in the deep water of the Pacific,they ain't gonna be talking about it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!