Author Topic: Washington Post Backs Terry McAuliffe In Telling Outraged Virginia Parents ‘Public Schools Don’t Bel  (Read 116 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Washington Post Backs Terry McAuliffe In Telling Outraged Virginia Parents ‘Public Schools Don’t Belong To You’

After the firestorm of criticism of Terry McAuliffe’s claim that parents shouldn’t decide what their kids learn, The Washington Post attempted to throw him a lifeline.

By John Lucas
October 27, 2021

Virginia Democrat gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe showed his true colors in his last debate with Republican Glenn Youngkin by telling the truth about his position on education. He said, “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”

After the firestorm of criticism that followed McAuliffe’s statement, The Washington Post attempted to throw him a lifeline. Last week it published an op-ed entitled “Parents Claim They Have the Right to Shape Their Kids’ School Curriculum. They don’t.” It affirmed that concerned parents’ only option is to buy their kids’ way out of toxic public schools.

It explained: “Courts have found that parents have great authority when it comes to deciding how to raise and educate their children. This right, however, does not mean that public schools must cater to parents’ individual ideas about education. Parents can opt out of the public system if they wish, and pay to send their children to private or religious schools.”

Thus, for the Post, if a Virginia mother does not wish to have her daughter’s public school push pedophilia, that amounts to demanding the school “cater” to her “individual ideas about education.” But rest easy, Virginia parents—like a 13th century vassal, you can purchase a dispensation from your lords if you wish to avoid the despoliation of your daughters.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/27/washington-post-backs-terry-mcauliffe-against-outraged-virginia-parents/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

We will see next week if enough enraged parents will turn out to deny the libs their coveted Virginia governirship.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EdinVA

And we wonder why our kids don't have kids..... not sure I would either were I younger

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sailed wrote:
"We will see next week if enough enraged parents will turn out to deny the libs their coveted Virginia governirship."

Some parents will indeed turn out.
But it probably won't be quite enough.

The underground election appartus The Party has built up in Virginia may control the outcome sufficiently to overcome "the outrage"...