Author Topic: WaPo Columnist Writes A Defense Of Government-Funded Experiments On Puppies  (Read 108 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WaPo Columnist Writes A Defense Of Government-Funded Experiments On Puppies

Brianna Lyman
Reporter
October 26, 2021 11:38 AM ET

An opinion columnist at The Washington Post defended government-funded experiments on puppies in a piece Monday because it could save “countless human lives.”

Dana Milbank wrote that several outlets had wrongly stated that a study in Tunisia which involved parasites feeding on the dogs was funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), where Anthony Fauci serves as director.

The study in Tunisia involved the testing of beagle puppies, who had their heads placed in cages while sand flies were allowed to “feed on the sedated dogs for 60 minutes.”

The study was published by the National Center For Biotechnology Information (NCBI), which is one of the 27 institutes and centers that fall under the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Fauci directs the NIAID, which is separate from the NCBI but falls under the NIH.

Milbank then acknowledged that a separate study that was funded by the NIAID did experiment on beagle puppies and defended the procedures conducted during the experiments.

“NIAID-funded researchers did indeed perform cordectomies on 44 beagle puppies and euthanized them after the [separate] study,” he wrote.

“The Food and Drug Administration requires researchers to experiment on non-rodent mammals for certain classes of HIV-AIDS drugs, and for this study specifically recommended dogs” Milbank wrote. “It is necessary  to use young dogs (six to eight months) to assess whether the drugs retard growth. It is mandatory  that the dogs be euthanized so researchers can search for damage to organ systems.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/10/26/washington-post-dana-milbank-defends-puppy-experiment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Trying really hard not to hate these people.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trying really hard not to hate these people.

I lost that battle January 20, 2021.

Offline EdinVA

There are a lot of terrible things done in the name of "science" and the preservation of human life.  Without some of these gross experiments we would not have some of the medical treatments we have.
I think our disgust with fouci has tainted our view of everything and our severe distrust of everything the man touches makes us automatically assume the worst...

Not defending, just an observation.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There are a lot of terrible things done in the name of "science" and the preservation of human life.  Without some of these gross experiments we would not have some of the medical treatments we have.
I think our disgust with fouci has tainted our view of everything and our severe distrust of everything the man touches makes us automatically assume the worst...

Not defending, just an observation.

I agree...to a point.   But when we are used as Beagles.. I think we need to hit the stop button.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.