Author Topic: 25 people on boat stranded off San Diego coast for 3 days rescued by Coast Guard  (Read 266 times)

rangerrebew

Public Safety
25 people on boat stranded off San Diego coast for 3 days rescued by Coast Guard

The passengers, including 23 Mexican nationals, have since been turned over to U.S. Customs and Border Protection
By Lori Weisberg
Oct. 23, 2021 6:51 PM PT

A Coast Guard crew on Friday morning came to the rescue of 25 passengers on a panga-style boat offshore San Diego’s coast that had been stranded for three days.

The passengers, including 23 Mexican nationals and two individuals from Guatemala, were later transferred to the custody of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said Petty Officer Alex Gray.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/story/2021-10-23/25-people-on-boat-stranded-off-san-diego-coast-for-3-days-rescued-by-coast-guard

rangerrebew

Custody? :silly:  Don't they mean to be released by? :yowsa:

rangerrebew

Charter boat captain discovers, likely saves lives of 25 migrants adrift at sea off San Diego coast
California

by: Salvador Rivera   
Posted: Oct 27, 2021 / 12:20 AM CDT   / Updated: Oct 27, 2021 / 12:32 PM CDT   

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — It was about 1 a.m. Tuesday and after a successful night of fishing when Captain Markus Medak set course for a new fishing spot about 90 miles west of San Diego.

As he turned, something caught his attention out of the corner of his eye: A set of feint flashing lights going back and forth.
Charter Boat Captain Markus Medak with his boat the New Lo-An. (Salvador Rivera/Border Report)

“I didn’t think there was a boat, they were moving erratically, it had to be someone that was in trouble,” Medak said Tuesday.

Medak decided to maneuver his sports fishing boat, the New Lo-An, for a closer look.

https://www.borderreport.com/regions/california/charter-boat-captain-discovers-likely-saves-lives-of-25-migrants-adrift-at-sea-off-san-diego-coast/

Offline skeeter

May God forgive me but whether or not this is luck depends upon ones perspective.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
May God forgive me but whether or not this is luck depends upon ones perspective.
Do we want another wave of people who don't have the foresight to bring oars/paddles and the initiative to use them?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Coast Guard should have SUNK this boat...

Sorry, folks.
If you want the invasion to end, that's one of the things that will have to be done to stop it...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Coast Guard should have SUNK this boat...

Sorry, folks.
If you want the invasion to end, that's one of the things that will have to be done to stop it...
If they had come from Cuba, they would have been taken back.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis