Author Topic: Virginia Democrats Pull out the 2020 Playbook  (Read 169 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Virginia Democrats Pull out the 2020 Playbook
« on: October 25, 2021, 12:42:31 pm »
Virginia Democrats Pull out the 2020 Playbook
By Bonchie | Oct 25, 2021 8:30 AM ET

The race for the governor’s seat in Virginia comes to its conclusion next week, and Democrat Terry McAuliffe remains in a fierce battle with Republican Glenn Youngkin. Despite the fact that Virginia is solidly blue, largely due to the more recent leftward population shift in the northern portion of the state, Youngkin appears to actually have a chance at securing a ground-shaking victory.

That means the old playbook must be brought out. It started with unfounded claims of voter suppression marked by the entry of failed gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams into the mix. Yesterday, Barack Obama echoed the sentiment, claiming that Republicans are “systemically” preventing Americans from voting.

Then there’s the Post Office. You may recall that during the 2020 election, Democrats (including Joe Biden) made the federal mail system a target, claiming that they were purposely removing mailboxes to stop mail-in ballots from being delivered. That was, of course, a ridiculous lie backed by no evidence whatsoever.

But hey, why not do it again? The playbook remains the same and Virginia Democrats are suing USPS over claims of disenfranchisement.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/10/25/virginia-democrats-pull-out-the-2020-playbook-n462962
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Virginia Democrats Pull out the 2020 Playbook
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 01:19:01 pm »
Even considering what’s happened in Northern Virginia over the decades, unlike the California recall, this is a possible GOP pick up.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 11:13:35 pm »
Fishrrman's prediction:
Youngkin has made a good showing, but he won't win.

The race is too close and the DCP has the advantage of VA now being an "deepening blue" state with The Party's underground election apparatus almost certainly up-and-running.

I would gladly be proven wrong on this one, but I don't see Virginia "comin' back to our side" again...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 11:36:23 pm »
Fishrrman's prediction:
Youngkin has made a good showing, but he won't win.

The race is too close and the DCP has the advantage of VA now being an "deepening blue" state with The Party's underground election apparatus almost certainly up-and-running.

I would gladly be proven wrong on this one, but I don't see Virginia "comin' back to our side" again...
If the GOP isn't watching the vote counting VERY closely they don't want to win.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 06:14:59 am »
McAwful needs to win this by at least 5% (2.5% swing) for this to be even considered a solid win.

VA is nearly a solid blue state now. Anything less than a respectable margin is scary for the Dems.
The Republic is lost.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 07:31:03 am »
It isn't gone yet.  The House of Delegates was heavily Republican until Trump.  Control may swing back this time, along with a couple of statewide races.