Author Topic: Two children dead, eight people hurt when drag racer veers off track  (Read 349 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NBC News By Dennis Romero 10/23/2021

Two children were killed and eight people were injured when a drag racing vehicle veered off a track and struck spectators Saturday afternoon in the Texas Hill Country, authorities said.

One child, a 6-year-old boy, was pronounced dead at the scene; a second boy, 8, died at a hospital, police in Kerrville, where the accident happened, said in a statement Saturday evening.

The eight injured included a 46-year-old woman in critical condition, a 27-year-old woman in critical condition, a 26-year-old man whose condition was not known, and a 34-year-old man, identified as the driver, who police described described as "stable."

Two other people were treated at the scene and released, and a 3-month-old girl and a 4-year-old boy, were hospitalized "for precautionary evaluations," police said.

The injured were taken to medical facilities in Kerrville, Austin and San Antonio, police said.

More: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-dead-five-injured-after-drag-racer-veers-track-texas-n1282218

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Two children dead, eight people hurt when drag racer veers off track
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 09:44:45 pm »
Terrible tragedy, racetracks are inherently dangerous.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 10:20:24 pm »
and a 34-year-old man, identified as the driver, who police described described as "stable."

Yeah,I ain't  buying that unless it is because he is loaded to the gills with downs.

He may still be breathing,but his life from this point on is going to be a living hell of his own creation. No matter how many times anyone tells him it was an accident and not his fault,he ain't going to be buying it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 10:59:11 pm »
Terrible tragedy, racetracks are inherently dangerous.

I have attended a few in my youth and I could see all kind of issues with people in the stands.  If a car flew off track, etc. 

I think I read, all these people were in their own cars, watching?   

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 11:48:53 pm »

I have attended a few in my youth and I could see all kind of issues with people in the stands.  If a car flew off track, etc. 

I think I read, all these people were in their own cars, watching?

I don't know if they had stands

The crash happened at about 3:20 p.m. at a temporary track at Kerrville Aviation at the Kerrville-Kerr County Airport

The crash took place towards the end of the air strip 'track,' on a section with no safety barriers, at the Kerrville-Kerr County Airport on Saturday afternoon, with the two children killed yet to be identified.