Author Topic: Jan. 6 committee chair: 'No question' Capitol riot was a premeditated attack  (Read 28424 times)

Online Kamaji

The January 6th Committee Releases an Incredibly Odd Statement After Ted Cruz Asks About Ray Epps
By Bonchie | Jan 11, 2022 5:15 PM ET

https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/status/1481006764002721793

So, let me get this straight. The January 6th Committee, which supposedly cares deeply about holding people accountable, not only has no interest in Epps, but they are now operating as his PR firm? Does any of that smell right to you?

In other words, none of this adds up. If the goal here was to produce criminal referrals for those who helped cause January 6th, no one has more evidence stacked against them than Epps. Again, this is a man who was caught on video — multiple times — inciting people to riot. He told people to enter the Capitol Building. He also took part in the unrest itself, allegedly directing people to tear down barricades. I understand Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Liz Cheney, and the rest want to send Donald Trump to jail, but how does that preclude them from holding Epps accountable?

But they aren’t even attempting to hold him accountable. Instead, they are releasing statements defending the guy, insisting he wasn’t working for the FBI while providing no other context for his actions.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/01/11/the-january-6th-committee-releases-an-incredibly-odd-statement-after-ted-cruz-asks-about-ray-epps-n505044

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

And why wasn't he charged?

January 6th Committee
@January6thCmte

The Select Committee is aware of unsupported claims that Ray Epps was an FBI informant based on the fact that he was on the FBI Wanted list and then was removed from that list without being charged. 

5:55 PM · Jan 11, 2022·Twitter Web App

thebradfordfile
@thebradfordfile

Ray Epps is either the first Trump supporter Democrats don't want to arrest--or he works for the FBI.

8:08 PM · Jan 11, 2022·TweetDeck

Vince Langman
@LangmanVince

If Ray Epps was not a Fed informant but instead was a Trump supporter there is not a lawyer on planet earth that would have allowed him to testify in private to the January 6th committee about what he did on January 6th

This alone proves he’s a Fed

John Solomon
@jsolomonReports

Officer who fatally shot Ashli Babbitt never interviewed by D.C. police before cleared, report | Just The News

http://ow.ly/wt9430s6Zc2

(Video)

@SenTomCotton's Full Questioning Of Matthew Olsen, Assistant AG Of The Justice Department’s National Security Division, At Judiciary Hearing Today    Sen. Cotton Asks About Ray Epps & Whether The DOJ/FBI Had Any Officers In "Plain Clothes" At The Capitol On January 6th

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1480965508090445824

pointing-down

Tucker Carlson questions why Democrats seem to be protective of Ray Epps (Video)

https://rumble.com/embed/vpsego/?pub=4

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The January 6th Committee Releases an Incredibly Odd Statement After Ted Cruz Asks About Ray Epps
By Bonchie | Jan 11, 2022 5:15 PM ET

https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/status/1481006764002721793

So, let me get this straight. The January 6th Committee, which supposedly cares deeply about holding people accountable, not only has no interest in Epps, but they are now operating as his PR firm? Does any of that smell right to you?

In other words, none of this adds up. If the goal here was to produce criminal referrals for those who helped cause January 6th, no one has more evidence stacked against them than Epps. Again, this is a man who was caught on video — multiple times — inciting people to riot. He told people to enter the Capitol Building. He also took part in the unrest itself, allegedly directing people to tear down barricades. I understand Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Liz Cheney, and the rest want to send Donald Trump to jail, but how does that preclude them from holding Epps accountable?

But they aren’t even attempting to hold him accountable. Instead, they are releasing statements defending the guy, insisting he wasn’t working for the FBI while providing no other context for his actions.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/01/11/the-january-6th-committee-releases-an-incredibly-odd-statement-after-ted-cruz-asks-about-ray-epps-n505044

Easy answer...  You can't go to jail for publishing a blantantly false TWIT press statement vs. lying about it on the stand, which you can.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie

DOJ & FBI are creations of Congress. Congress has the power to dissolve them.

The idea that they can choose which information to give Congress is an illusion perpetrated by them.

AG Garland must answer my question: Did federal assets encourage protestors to enter the Capitol?

11:07 AM · Jan 12, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie

DOJ & FBI are creations of Congress. Congress has the power to dissolve them.

The idea that they can choose which information to give Congress is an illusion perpetrated by them.

AG Garland must answer my question: Did federal assets encourage protestors to enter the Capitol?

11:07 AM · Jan 12, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Just get it over with, and remame them "The Gestapho"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

Easy answer...  You can't go to jail for publishing a blantantly false TWIT press statement vs. lying about it on the stand, which you can.

:thumbsup:

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Ray Epps is literally on tape breaking the Riot Act

Adam Kinzinger
@AdamKinzinger
 · Jan 11

4) He didn’t enter the Capitol on Jan 6, and was removed from the most wanted list because apparently he broke no laws.  I’m pretty sure the FBI wouldn’t be dumb enough to put their own agent on a wanted list.  Ray Epps has cooperated with the Jan 6 committee and we thank him

6:24 PM · Jan 11, 2022·Twitter Web App

pointing-down

Jan 6, 2022:  Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene Expose the Truth About January 6 (FULL PRESS CONFERENCE)  -- Video

Congressman Matt Gaetz and Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene held a Republican Response on the anniversary of January 6th.

"I do not believe that there would have been the same level of criminal acuity on Jan. 6th of last year but for the involvement of the federal government."

https://rumble.com/embed/vphd7v/?pub=4

« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:21:29 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

*hmmmm*

Dan Crenshaw
@DanCrenshawTX

Let’s get some truth on the record: @Liz_Cheney has a hell of a lot more backbone than most, & is a principled leader with a fierce intellect. She will continue to be a much needed leader in the conference, with my full support.

We can disagree without tearing eachother apart.

4:25 PM · Jan 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Offline dfwgator

*hmmmm*

Dan Crenshaw
@DanCrenshawTX

Let’s get some truth on the record: @Liz_Cheney has a hell of a lot more backbone than most, & is a principled leader with a fierce intellect. She will continue to be a much needed leader in the conference, with my full support.

We can disagree without tearing eachother apart.

4:25 PM · Jan 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

STFU Dan.    Consider yourself primaried.

pointing-down

@alexbruesewitz joins @TuckerCarlson  Tonight to discuss being targeted by the corrupt January 6 committee:

"I'm not going to be intimidated."(Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/XStrategiesLLC/status/1482160653515247622

A little more ..... from Alex Bruesewitz

.@alexbruesewitz: "This current committee in its structure has no constitutional power. I'm not going to legitimize it... We're going to go on offense now. We're not going to be on defense for too long and we're going to find out the truth."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/XStrategiesLLC/status/1482161250708635648

Samm O'Cobhthaigh
@PoohBear71

Reports indicate that before the attack, the House sergeant-at-arms resisted calls from Capitol Police to bring in National Guard for extra security because of "optics."

Security is provided by the sergeant-at-arms of the House, who reports to the House speaker, who was Pelosi.

12:42 AM · Jan 16, 2022·Twitter for Android

Online Kamaji

Samm O'Cobhthaigh
@PoohBear71

Reports indicate that before the attack, the House sergeant-at-arms resisted calls from Capitol Police to bring in National Guard for extra security because of "optics."

Security is provided by the sergeant-at-arms of the House, who reports to the House speaker, who was Pelosi.

12:42 AM · Jan 16, 2022·Twitter for Android

If they dismissed calls for additional security because of "optics" that indicates that they had already sized up the protestors, and decided that it wasn't a threat.  That is totally counter to the false political narrative they've been peddling since Jan. 6, 2021.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

If they dismissed calls for additional security because of "optics" that indicates that they had already sized up the protestors, and decided that it wasn't a threat.  That is totally counter to the false political narrative they've been peddling since Jan. 6, 2021.

Or they sized it up, knew it would be a threat, and decided it would make great anti-Trump optics.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Kamaji

Or they sized it up, knew it would be a threat, and decided it would make great anti-Trump optics.

True, but they would not have been so blase as to have allowed a really credible threat to go unmolested.  The fact that they resisted calling in the NG indicates that it was their considered view that the protestors did not represent a real threat of danger to Congress.  At most, they were considered just enough of a "threat" as to provide really good anti-Trump optics without actually creating any real threat to Congress.

As such, they had the opportunity to consider whether it was likely to be something that amounted to an insurrection, and they decided that it did not.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

True, but they would not have been so blase as to have allowed a really credible threat to go unmolested.  The fact that they resisted calling in the NG indicates that it was their considered view that the protestors did not represent a real threat of danger to Congress.  At most, they were considered just enough of a "threat" as to provide really good anti-Trump optics without actually creating any real threat to Congress.

As such, they had the opportunity to consider whether it was likely to be something that amounted to an insurrection, and they decided that it did not.
That's playing checkers, and Pelosi runs a different game.

Consider the possibility that the most preeminent thing on the Democrats mind was to somehow legitimize the stolen election. Consider that people were hopping mad over that fraud and theft, and Pelosi and other Dems knew it.

(Angry people do stupid things. It is the reason vengeance is a dish best served cold. )

With that large a crowd in the Capitol, virtually all concerned (at least) over the STEAL of 2020, it shouldn't be much trouble to find a few genuine hot heads who can be incited and inflamed to follow the 'guidance' of people who were experienced at leading and forming a mob, and if there are enough agents in the crowd bent on doing so, they can lead the unsuspecting (but still nonviolent) protesters into the building.

What a glorious opportunity to disrupt any complaints about irregularities in the voting and the legitimacy of the electoral ballots as cast. After the disruption, which can be used politically, in and of itself against Trump, his supporters en banc, and the GOP as well, when the session is resumed, the push will be to get done, not to examine protests over irregularities which have just been discredited by actions seen as violent and threatening, even though the only people apparently severely beaten or killed were protestors.

Why on Earth would Pelosi want the National Guard there to keep barriers and signs up (which were removed after Epps talked with some of the people at the Capitol before most of those trickling in from Trump's speech got there)? Why would she want to preempt or stop any incident? Why did the police (or someone who sure looked like them) move the barricades (second line of 'defense') and open the doors to the crowd, admitting them to the grounds and the building?

The National Guard would have stood at the original lines of demarcation, have kept the signs and fences in place, and there WOULD HAVE BEEN NO INCIDENT.

It is my opinion that that would be exactly counter to the desired results, because without an incident there would be no rush to certify the electoral votes (and Biden's election) at the end of the day, no media feed to discredit Trump's supporters, and in doing so rub some of that off on Trump.
When protesters had been led 'far enough' into the building, Ashli Babbit was shot. That signaled the end of the advance into the structure. Most of those in the crowd who were not agitators in the direct or indirect employ of the Feds (Pelosi and the Democrats and agency personnel in sympathy) were not violent people. They walked in like tourists, stayed inside the velvet ropes, and didn't go on the sort of destructive spree that ANTIFA and BLM and other 'protests' seemed to foster in major cities across the US the previous year.

That some people who acted on behalf of the forming narrative were caught inciting riots and pushing for illegal actions on video and remain uncharged is revealing, as is the apparent lack of interest in the identity of the 'pipe bomber' who set those amateurish looking gadgets around town.

This reeks of orchestration, not prevention.

So in my mind, there is 'No question the Capitol Riot was a premeditated attack.'
My issue is that I believe the attribution is misplaced.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 08:31:28 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis