Author Topic: Pelosi on spending bill: 'I think we are pretty much there now'  (Read 96 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi on spending bill: 'I think we are pretty much there now'
By Monique Beals - 10/24/21 10:06 AM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Sunday that Democrats would reach an agreement this week on President Biden's social spending bill.

"We have 90 percent of the bill agreed to and written. We just have some of the last decisions to be made," Pelosi said on CNN's "State of the Union."

"I think we are pretty much there now," Pelosi said when asked if an agreement would be reached before the president leaves for Europe on Friday.

Pelosi also said that the scaled-back plan is still set for an Oct. 31 vote, when federal highway funding expires.

"There was no deadline that was missed because of the progressives. The deadline was missed because they changed from $3.5 [trillion] to one half of that," Pelosi added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/578186-pelosi-on-spending-bill-i-think-we-are-pretty-much-there-now
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34