Author Topic: Yellen expects inflation to return to normal levels next year  (Read 229 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen expects inflation to return to normal levels next year
By Monique Beals - 10/24/21 10:33 AM EDT

U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said on Sunday that she anticipates inflation rates will return to normal in the second half of 2022.

"When do you expect inflation to get back to the 2 percent range, which is considered normal?" CNN's Jake Tapper asked Yellen on "State of the Union."

"I expect that to happen next year," Yellen replied.

"Inflation will remain high into next year because of what's already happened, but I expect improvement by the middle to end of next year, second half of next year," she added.

Yellen cited COVID-19-related issues and supply problems as some of the reasons for inflation's recent growth at its fastest pace in 30 years.

"The COVID crisis markedly diminished spending on services and caused a reallocation of spending towards goods," Yellen explained. "The supply of goods to Americans has increased substantially, but there's still pressure there."

Tapper noted that former President Obama's Treasury secretary, Larry Summers, has been critical elevated inflation numbers.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/578191-yellen-expects-inflation-to-return-to-normal-levels-next-year
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Yellen expects inflation to return to normal levels next year
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 05:00:07 pm »
Which "normal?"  The true normal, or the new normal?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 05:47:38 pm »
Yellen looks like dick Cheney in a bad wig, and just as believable.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 04:42:50 am »
In the meantime, our currency is permanently devalued along with any savings, and rising prices outstrip wages.