Author Topic: Anti-abortion speaker with transphobic and ableist views invited to Wellesley (Leftist headline)  (Read 139 times)

Online mountaineer

Anti-abortion speaker with transphobic and ableist views invited to Wellesley
 By Ann Zhao, India Lacey, Renée Remsberg
Wellesley News
October 21, 2021
CW: This article contains discussions of transphobia, ableism and anti-abortion views.

On Oct. 14, posters titled “The Future is Anti-Abortion” began to appear around campus advertising a guest speaker named Kristan Hawkins. Sponsored by the student organization Wellesley for Life (WFL), the event is slated to take place on Oct. 21. Student backlash was immediate — Twitter threads, Instagram stories and Facebook posts discussed the speaker’s attitudes towards abortion and transgender people, as well as a variety of methods to protest the event.

As part of her initial response, student Maddie Paoletti ’22 created a document that compiled student concerns about bringing Hawkins to campus, including the assertation that her transphobic and ableist viewpoints constituted a breach of the College’s official non-discrimination policy. Among other things, the document included an email template to send to Director of Student Activities Jessica Grady, created by Tazrean Hossain ’24. This eventually became the planning document for a protest that was slated to occur during the event.

While the Google document was initially open to all members of the public, it was locked on Oct. 20 when Hawkins shared it in a public statement from her affiliated organization, Students for Life of America. Among other things, the statement said that “preparations are being made to address any violence instigated by protestors during the event.”  ...
This is the poster defaced by the tolerant leftists at Hillary Clinton's alma mater:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Kristan is the executive director of Students for Life. Here is her response to Wellesley on Facebook:
Kristan Mercer Hawkins
19m  ·
So, I spoke at Wellesley College last night (Hilary Clinton's alma mater). The school banned me from hiring private security and bringing my videographer (allegedly due to COVID) even though we received several threats on social media for daring to speak on the campus.

Thankfully, the college president, despite having a long relationship with Planned Parenthood, committed that she would not cancel my speech even though there were literally HUNDREDS of protestors at my event and she and her administration were overwhelmed with demands to "cancel" me.

What was the main reason for protesting?

1. Because I have said repeatedly that people are either male or female. The students said that my mere presence threatened the safety all of trans students.
2. Because I oppose the violence of abortion.
3. Because I'm an "ableist" because I know abortion is never a viable option for women.

This is the state of our college campuses in our nation. Have an opinion that many disagree with? Then you are dangerous and must be canceled. I literally have no idea how these students will function in the workplace and off their almost-ivy league campus.
Curious to see how my speech went (since there is no video), just check out this article the school newspaper wrote about me before my speech last night...

Why did I persist on speaking at Wellesley despite the threats and immense pressure the pro-life student leaders faced? Because of the pro-abortion students who attended last night and spent half of my speech nodding in agreement with my points and walked away knowing that the pro-life movement actually does care about women. That made it all worth it!

*Note: The Leftists labeled me a racist and ableist yet Wellesley LITERALLY has a room named for Margaret Sanger, the eugenicist and racist, who founded Planned Parenthood and wrote: “Given Birth Control, the unfit will voluntarily eliminate their kind...Birth Control does not mean contraception indiscriminately practised. It means the release and cultivation of the better elements in our society.

Online mountaineer

More fun pro-abortion reactions to Students for Life, this time from Catholic university students:
Kristan Mercer Hawkins
1h  ·

Last night, I had the loudest “silent” protest of me, ever at the Univeristy of San Diego, a Catholic college. Why? Because I dared to say the the future of America will be anti-abortion.

This wasn’t an isolated event happening at one Catholic school.

Consider, in the last couple of weeks…

-St. Mary’s in South Bend banned our group from hosting Students for Life’s “See Me Now” tour because the 3D images of a child in the womb was too “triggering”

-At Gonzaga, our group had their display protested and the group leader’s home was toiletpapered.

-At a Catholic high school in San Francisco, the entire student body walked out when a speaker from another pro-life organization wa set to present.

-At St. Louis University, the annual “Cemetery of the Innocents” display wa heavily protested and vandalized with students treating student leaders and our staff…on tape.

I’m 100% for the free speech rights of those who are pro-abortion to protest pro-life events and/or myself. However, I’m deeply concerned as to how Catholic schools can have so many pay thousands to attend yet clearly HATE, not merely oppose, the teachings of our Church.

While I’m grateful these private instituations allowed the pro-life movement a voice, it appears that they have a lot more work to do.
If we hope to end abortion, we must have a strong church united, speaking out about the violence of abortion and offering love and support to those experiencing unplanned pregnancies.

(Some of the photos from last night. Notice the first picture features a sign that says “bleep them kids.” Students for Life will be posting a video soon.)
More at Kristan's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kristan.hawkins