Author Topic: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set  (Read 18900 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
« Reply #475 on: January 17, 2022, 03:16:14 pm »
If this idiot has an attorney, what the heck kind of legal advice is he getting?

If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance .  .  .  . 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #476 on: January 17, 2022, 03:19:31 pm »
If this idiot has an attorney, what the heck kind of legal advice is he getting?

My guess is, he's simply ignoring all the advice he's getting, because, well, because he's Alec, and he knows better than everyone else.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #477 on: January 25, 2022, 05:42:10 am »

At least her fingers are clear of the trigger...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #478 on: February 04, 2022, 04:46:44 pm »
Why is this buffoon still roaming free?
Alec Baldwin chats on his phone while on a coffee run in NYC... a month after he FINALLY turned over his cell to cops investigating death of Halyna Hutchins
By Deirdre Simonds and Jimmy Mccloskey For Dailymail.Com
Published: 16:35 EST, 3 February 2022 | Updated: 16:50 EST, 3 February 2022

Alec Baldwin was seen chatting on his cell on a coffee run weeks after he turned over the device to police as they investigate the fatal Rust shooting.

While stepping out to pick up some java on Wednesday in New York City, the 63-year-old actor appeared to be deep in conversation on the phone.   

As he braved the cold he held onto a cup carrier, which contained two warmed beverages and an iced drink. ...
Daily Mail

He seems to be doing well.  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #479 on: February 04, 2022, 04:56:57 pm »
Why is this buffoon still roaming free?Daily Mail

He seems to be doing well.  :silly:

Are Penny Loafers making a comeback?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #480 on: February 04, 2022, 06:54:32 pm »
All the cool killers are wearing them.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #481 on: February 04, 2022, 07:02:21 pm »

With inflation, they're now called 'dime loafers'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #482 on: February 15, 2022, 06:47:52 pm »
Alec Baldwin sued by family of late ‘Rust’ cinematographer Halyna Hutchins
By Marjorie Hernandez   
February 15, 2022 1:30pm

Lawyers for Halyna Hutchins’ family filed a wrongful-death suit Tuesday against actor Alec Baldwin, who is accused of fatally shooting the cinematographer on the set of “Rust” nearly four months ago.

The family’s lawyers announced the move during a press conference in Los Angeles.

Baldwin is accused of firing the single bullet that hit and killed Hutchins, then exited her body and struck director Joel Souza in the clavicle while filming the Western flick in New Mexico on Oct. 21. The prop gun was not supposed to be loaded with live rounds. ...

The Hutchins’ family suit is one of now four legal claims filed against Baldwin and “Rust” producers.

Lighting technician Serge Svetnoy, the film’s script supervisor Mamie Mitchell and on-set armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed previously filed their own lawsuits.  ... NY Post

Online DB

« Reply #483 on: February 15, 2022, 06:50:54 pm »
We'll see if he has enough money to buy them off.

Either way he's going to be a lot poorer when this is over.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #484 on: February 16, 2022, 12:15:41 am »
Alec Baldwin sued by family of late ‘Rust’ cinematographer Halyna Hutchins

NY Post - Outstanding animated reenactments are included in the article.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #486 on: February 16, 2022, 12:37:37 am »
Yes I posted it here

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,462180.0.html

Dang. The Post article has a couple others as well, including the gun operation.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #487 on: February 19, 2022, 03:10:34 am »
'Rust' investigation: Alec Baldwin possibly could have fired gun without pulling trigger, Santa Fe DA says

By Julius Young | Fox News 2/18/2022

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/rust-investigation-alec-baldwin-santa-fe-district-attorney

Santa Fe’s district attorney, Mary Carmack-Altwies, and her team conducted an 'unofficial test' into the actor's claims

The Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office is approaching the four-month mark of its investigation into the circumstances of "Rust" cinematographer Halyna Hutchins’ death on Oct. 21, 2021, in New Mexico, in which authorities are trying to get answers as to how a live round found its way into a prop gun — killing the rising filmmaker and wounding the film’s director Joel Souza.

When the tragedy occurred within a church on the expansive ranch film set, in which a gun held by actor Alec Baldwin discharged the live projectile into Hutchins, 42, and then into Souza, 48, a spokesperson for the film production said filming would be halted and that it would "fully cooperate" with the Santa Fe Police Department’s investigation. They noted the company would also provide counseling services to anyone associated with the production.

Baldwin, who also served as a producer on the Western, would go on to say in a December 2021 sit-down interview that he did not pull the trigger on the firearm supplied by the film’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, 24, and that he often replays the moment over and over in his mind.

"Everyone was shocked. The gun was supposed to be empty," he recalled of the incident. "I was told I was handed an empty gun. She goes down, I thought to myself, ‘Did she faint?’"

In a social media video shared to his Instagram last month, Baldwin maintained that "no one wants the truth more than I do" and that he is "very hopeful that the people in charge with investigating this whole thing get to the truth as soon as possible."

Meanwhile, Santa Fe’s district attorney, Mary Carmack-Altwies — who has worked as a public defender and later in a private capacity — spoke with Vanity Fair and told the publication that in her estimation following an "unofficial test" from her team, it is possible for a live round to be discharged from a firearm without the trigger being pulled.

"One of the investigators in my office happens to have a very old type revolver, and so he brought it, at my request, so that we could look at it and see if that was at all possible," she told the outlet, adding that the room was cleared and two independent inspectors looked over the weapon — one who supplied the piece and another who verified it was empty.

"Then they visually showed me you can pull the hammer back without actually pulling the trigger and without actually locking it," Carmack-Altwies explained. "So you pull it back partway, it doesn’t lock, and then if you let it go, the firing pin can hit the primer of the bullet."

Online DB

« Reply #488 on: February 19, 2022, 03:30:00 am »
Why speculate?

Use the gun Baldwin used and determine it definitively.

But either way, it was Baldwin's responsibility to check the gun if he was going to allow real guns on set. He was in charge. He was responsible.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2022, 03:44:59 am »
Why speculate?

Use the gun Baldwin used and determine it definitively.

But either way, it was Baldwin's responsibility to check the gun if he was going to allow real guns on set. He was in charge. He was responsible.
Unless it was the same model gun as on the set with a transfer bar safety then BS, sounds like someone trying to cover Baldwins @ss. I have read to many statements of experts as well as watched videos of the same exact make and model of the revolver to believe this for one second. And while not a SSA pistol expert Brandon Herrera a weapons builder has a youtube channel where he did a video with the exact manufacturer model as the one that Baldwin used and the only way he could get that gun to fire while pulling the hammer back was to have his finger exerting some pressure on the trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5NI1fTx8tI

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #490 on: February 20, 2022, 02:51:25 pm »
NM prosecutor on movie set shooting fatality: Alec Baldwin may not have pulled trigger
February 20, 2022 | Ashley Hill

The New Mexico prosecutor investigating the shot fired from the gun in the hands of Alec Baldwin on the set of “Rust” last year may have been swayed by the actor’s December interview with ABC where he claimed that he “didn’t pull the trigger.”

“You can pull the hammer back without actually pulling the trigger and without actually locking it,” Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies told Vanity Fair. “So you pull it back partway, it doesn’t lock, and then if you let it go, the firing pin can hit the primer of the bullet.”

After seeing Baldwin’s interview on ABC the prosecutor set out to unofficially investigate if it was possible for the gun to go off without pulling the trigger as Baldwin had asserted happened although initially, she wasn’t convinced the story had legs.

“I didn’t know too much about guns, certainly not about 1850s-era revolvers. So when I first heard that, I was like, ‘Oh, that’s crazy,’ ”Carmack-Altwies said.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/02/20/nm-prosecutor-on-movie-set-shooting-fatality-alec-baldwin-may-not-have-pulled-trigger-1203444/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #491 on: February 20, 2022, 02:52:18 pm »
Anxious to see what gun owners have to say...
Support the USO

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #492 on: February 20, 2022, 05:37:32 pm »
Anxious to see what gun owners have to say...
First, note they don't say they tried a test with the same manufacturer and model as Baldwin used on the set just an 'old revolver' someone had. This video from Brandon Herrera where he tests an exact make and model as the one on RUST. Advance warning Language!
It is a testament to the hammer bar safety on the pistol that he can beat on the hammer over a loaded chamber and not even budge it, bottom line the only way that pistol could have fired is if Baldwin had his finger exerting pressure on the trigger. I said it before, it looks like the prosecutor is trying to give Baldwin cover in advance and prejudice the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5NI1fTx8tI

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #493 on: February 20, 2022, 05:57:18 pm »
Totally nonsense. Just another get out of jail free card for a RICH WHITE CONNECTED HOLLYWOOD UBER-LIBERAL.

Even if they 'allege' the weapon ghost fired by magic, Baldwin still pointed it at her and is therefore liable. Unless they try to say the gun pointed itself at her. Even if she told him to point the gun at her, which is another wildass hairbrained tall tale, he should have said no. Baldwin is trying to say that she 'told' him to shoot her.

Look man, checking the weapon and muzzle awareness are gun safety 101. But Baldwin would not know that because he flat out REFUSED to take the mandatory gun safety courses. Which is just another big indicator of guilt.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 05:58:35 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #494 on: February 20, 2022, 10:05:30 pm »
“You can pull the hammer back without actually pulling the trigger and without actually locking it,” Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies told Vanity Fair. “So you pull it back partway, it doesn’t lock, and then if you let it go, the firing pin can hit the primer of the bullet.”

So the person who pulled the hammer back part way and then let it go is the same person who fired the the bullet that killed Halyna Hutchins.  Correct?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #495 on: February 21, 2022, 02:34:15 am »

So the person who pulled the hammer back part way and then let it go is the same person who fired the the bullet that killed Halyna Hutchins.  Correct?
Exactly.
Why would anyone pull the hammer back on a revolver unless they intend to fire it? Baldwin took the weapon's hammer out of the 'safe' position against the cylinder, into the 'live fire' position by cocking the hammer.

Pulling the trigger, or incorrectly pulling the hammer back (if you believe that stupid story) the result is the same. And both scenarios were caused by the deliberate unsafe actions of Baldwin.

Who pointed the revolver at her while pulling back the hammer? That's the only question.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #496 on: February 21, 2022, 04:25:18 am »
This is true, but also the prosecutor is spreading a ton of manure because the pistol used on set had a transfer bar safety so just dropping the hammer would not in fact cause the gun to fire. Baldwin cannot escape, as producer he was as responsible for safety as the armorer and safety officer on set both of whom he hired on the cheap and industry standards were flagrantly disregarded. Industry standards such as using a rubber gun for shot set ups like the one Baldwin was involve in when he killed her, or like how there was supposed to be bullet proof safety barrier between the crew and a prop gun pointed at the camera. Baldwin should do at least as much time as the officer that mistakenly pulled her gun instead of taser, if nothing else he should be bankrupted and made an industry pariah.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #497 on: February 21, 2022, 04:36:58 am »
This is true, but also the prosecutor is spreading a ton of manure because the pistol used on set had a transfer bar safety so just dropping the hammer would not in fact cause the gun to fire.

I find it odd that they refer to Mary Carmack-Altwies as "prosecutor" since it is clear by now that she won't be prosecuting Baldwin for anything.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #498 on: February 21, 2022, 12:10:39 pm »

Which means YOU SHOT THE FREAKING GUN.

Just how GD complicated IS this?

YOU were the one handling the gun.

YOU were the one that pulled the hammer back and then let go of it.

AND......of KEY importance,YOU WERE THE ONE THAT POINTED THE LOADED GUN AT THE HUMAN THAT DIED AS A RESULT OF YOU LETTING GO OF THE HAMMER AFTER PULLING IT BACK.

THIS means that YOU fired the freaking gun!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 12:12:53 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #499 on: February 21, 2022, 12:18:20 pm »
BTW,am I the only one laughing at the irony of hard-core gun owners being the ones DEMANDING that Baldwin be prosecuted for murder by using a firearm,and the leftist gun-grabbing goons are the ones defending him and saying he is innocent because "the gun did it"?

Maybe these cretins really DO believe that firearms have a mind and intent of their own to just fire bullets whenever they are pointed at someone?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!