Author Topic: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set  (Read 18443 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
« Reply #550 on: April 26, 2022, 11:06:59 pm »
This is why John Schneider was so angry right after the shooting and did numerous interviews and posted videos explaining the industry standards Baldwin and others violated and discussing that there is no reason to have a working gun or even a detailed replica on a set anymore because sound, flash and other visuals can all be done with modern electronic effects.

Even if it were left mechanical... I would be ALL FOR a blank shooting gun being different than a real one. You hear about this sort of thing now and then... Somebody shot with a starter pistol that was thought to hold blanks... That blanks fire from a real gun, and that real rounds fire from a blank gun is kinda dumb.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #551 on: April 26, 2022, 11:09:43 pm »
She was working under the umbrella of Baldwin's production company. They will sue him.
When a company truck is in an accident, they don't sue the driver. They sue the employer.
Also she had known safety violations committed by her and other safety issues on first and only job prior to Rust, But Baldwin and others were too friggin cheap to hire a competent experienced armorer, in fact the guy that supplied the weapons for Rust was supposed to be an armorer mentor to her but if I recall they say he was never actually on set. So I think it still rests on Baldwins head.
Producers for the film hired Seth Kenney, who owns a licensed weapon and prop rental company in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, as an "armorer mentor" for Gutierrez-Reed, according to a new report by the Los Angeles Times.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #552 on: April 27, 2022, 12:34:16 am »
Also she had known safety violations committed by her and other safety issues on first and only job prior to Rust, But Baldwin and others were too friggin cheap to hire a competent experienced armorer, in fact the guy that supplied the weapons for Rust was supposed to be an armorer mentor to her but if I recall they say he was never actually on set. So I think it still rests on Baldwins head.
Producers for the film hired Seth Kenney, who owns a licensed weapon and prop rental company in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, as an "armorer mentor" for Gutierrez-Reed, according to a new report by the Los Angeles Times.

Well, she was in Bullhead City, so it makes sense her "mentor" also lives in Mohave County.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #553 on: April 27, 2022, 12:38:57 am »
I totally agree, but she will be the only one punished for it, which explains why her statements are self-serving.

@Cyber Liberty

She should be arrested for allowing a firearm loaded with live ammunition to even BE on a movie set,never mind loaded into the chamber of a firearm to be used by one actor to PRETEND to shoot another actor.

"NO LIVE AMMO ON THE SET!" has to hold THE Number 1 spot for every movie or tv set with weapons.

AND....,there is not ONE single excuse she or anyone else can come up with to justify it.

She is,at a MINIMUM,guilty of negligence leading to death.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #554 on: April 27, 2022, 12:51:19 am »
@Cyber Liberty

She should be arrested for allowing a firearm loaded with live ammunition to even BE on a movie set,never mind loaded into the chamber of a firearm to be used by one actor to PRETEND to shoot another actor.

"NO LIVE AMMO ON THE SET!" has to hold THE Number 1 spot for every movie or tv set with weapons.

AND....,there is not ONE single excuse she or anyone else can come up with to justify it.

She is,at a MINIMUM,guilty of negligence leading to death.

You will get your wish!  She will go to jail while everyone else gets off Scott-free!  Win-win!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #555 on: April 27, 2022, 12:59:11 am »
You will get your wish!  She will go to jail while everyone else gets off Scott-free!  Win-win!

The golden rule strikes again...

Offline verga

« Reply #556 on: April 27, 2022, 01:02:28 am »
Even if it were left mechanical... I would be ALL FOR a blank shooting gun being different than a real one. You hear about this sort of thing now and then... Somebody shot with a starter pistol that was thought to hold blanks... That blanks fire from a real gun, and that real rounds fire from a blank gun is kinda dumb.
Jon Erik Hexum was killed by a blank.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #557 on: April 27, 2022, 02:23:52 am »

I know a wad can kill you if it is close enough. but a blank is much safer than the real thing - and one would think someone could develop a disintegrating wad too. Still won't be perfectly safe - It cannot be. It's an explosion after all.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #558 on: April 27, 2022, 04:12:06 am »
I know a wad can kill you if it is close enough. but a blank is much safer than the real thing - and one would think someone could develop a disintegrating wad too. Still won't be perfectly safe - It cannot be. It's an explosion after all.
I was tempted to make a comment about movies and wads but 888mouth

Online roamer_1

« Reply #559 on: April 27, 2022, 04:16:25 am »
I was tempted to make a comment about movies and wads but 888mouth

Now now... It is a family friendly forum (almost)... They tell me they mighta taken you back at twitter...  :whistle:

:tongue2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #560 on: April 27, 2022, 08:26:19 am »

@Cyber Liberty

Since she is the one primarily responsible for the death,she SHOULD go to jail for something like "Criminally Negligent Homicide". If it hadn't been for her incompetence/lack of supervision,that cretin Baldwin would have never had a loaded gun to point at anyone.

Unless,of course,information comes forward that Baldwin had been using the prop guns to target shoot when the cameras weren't running.

Given his long history of handling prop guns and his experience in the movie industry,it is MY opinion he should face criminal charges for not checking the revolver himself to make sure it wasn't loaded with live ammo,and for not purposely aiming off to the side even when shooting blacks.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #561 on: April 27, 2022, 08:29:40 am »

@verga

He was killed by his own stupidity. He held the muzzle of a blank gun against his head and pulled the trigger. It was the result of the hot gasses from the blank firing while the gun was held against his head that killed him. Common sense will tell you the gases caused by the explosion have to exit via the gun barrel,and that bad things will happen to you if you do such a damn-fool thing.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #562 on: April 27, 2022, 02:36:05 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #563 on: April 27, 2022, 02:40:40 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Since she is the one primarily responsible for the death,she SHOULD go to jail for something like "Criminally Negligent Homicide". If it hadn't been for her incompetence/lack of supervision,that cretin Baldwin would have never had a loaded gun to point at anyone.

Unless,of course,information comes forward that Baldwin had been using the prop guns to target shoot when the cameras weren't running.

Given his long history of handling prop guns and his experience in the movie industry,it is MY opinion he should face criminal charges for not checking the revolver himself to make sure it wasn't loaded with live ammo,and for not purposely aiming off to the side even when shooting blacks.

I'm thinking you are probably correct, and my prediction still stands.  She will go down and everybody else on that set will get off scot-free. I would add this sets up a situation where nobody else can get sued, either.  This is justice in America today.
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #564 on: April 29, 2022, 12:49:51 am »
Law of Self Defense By Attorney Andrew Branca / April 27, 2022

Welcome to our show today in which we mostly cover Alec Baldwin’s rather damning interview with sheriff’s deputies, the investigators on this matter of Baldwin’s shooting dead of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, immediately after the shooting.

A few preparatory remarks before I get into the meat of this.
Columbo Isn’t the Dummy He Makes Himself Out to Be!

First of all, for those of you of a certain age, you may remember the old TV show, “Columbo”. Colombo was kind of a bumbling detective who was always investigating, typically, murders that were committed by nominally very smart, wealthy individuals. Columbo’s kind of poorly dressed, didn’t come across as extremely bright. And these wealthy smart killers were invariably caught, tripped up by Columbo, who despite his appearance was very clever indeed. And often they were trapped because the wealthy killers the “smart” killers would trap themselves because of their hubris, their pride, their ego, they just presumed they were smarter than everybody else.

And I definitely get that vibe from Alec Baldwin in this video. Here he is a multimillionaire movie star, famous the globe over. And he’s dealing with two podunk, I’m sure in his view, podunk sheriff’s deputies investigating the shooting. And they’re both women. And Alec Baldwin strikes me as the kind of guy who believes that women just throw themselves at him, and perhaps they do.

But it strikes me as in the course of this interview, he’s believing that he kind of inherently has an upper hand over these two female sheriff’s deputies.
And he just starts talking with them. And unfortunately, there’s a lot of substance in his recorded interview with them that is entirely consistent with reckless homicide, with involuntary manslaughter under New Mexico law. He’s not doing himself any favors, although I expect he thinks he is.

-----

Alec Baldwin’s Damning Police Interview

The legal case against actor Alec Baldwin for the apparent involuntary manslaughter of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins continues to strengthen—indeed, it’s now buttressed by Alec Baldwin’s own statements to investigators in an interview that took place immediately after the shooting, even before he was apparently aware that he’d apparently recklessly killed the 42-year-old wife and mother.

The New Mexico Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office recently released additional video relevant to the shooting death of Hutchins at the hands of Baldwin.  Most relevant for our purposes here is the video of the interview conducted of Baldwin by two female deputies in the hours immediately following the shooting.

The reason:  Alec Baldwin’s own statements are consistent with his conduct in shooting of Hutchins as being criminally reckless, and thus meeting the conditions for conviction under New Mexico’s involuntary manslaughter statute.
New Mexico Involuntary Manslaughter Statute: § 30-2-3. Manslaughter.

The relevant New Mexico statute on involuntary manslaughter is § 30-2-3.  Manslaughter, which addresses both voluntary and involuntary manslaughter.  Our focus here, of course, is on involuntary manslaughter.

In the context of involuntary manslaughter, § 30-2-3 reads in relevant part:

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice. … B. Involuntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed in the … commission of a lawful act that might produce death … without due caution and circumspection.

Ms. Hutchins is obviously killed.  We have stipulated that the killing of Ms. Hutchins was not justified (e.g., it was “unlawful”) and without malice (without intent to cause harm), so that meets the conditions of the first sentence of the manslaughter statute, and satisfies the definition of manslaughter under New Mexico law.

The possibility of voluntary manslaughter appears to be off the table here, given the lack of evidence of a “sudden quarrel” or “heat of passion”  required for that crime by § 30-2-3.  So that leaves us to consider the possibility of involuntary manslaughter.

The key, then, is to determine whether Baldwin’s pointing of the gun at Ms. Hutchins without first ensuring that the gun did not contain live ammo, was the commission of a lawful act that might produce death and that was done “without due caution and circumspection.”
Inherently Dangerous Instruments: Yep, Including Guns

That means we have to understand what “due caution and circumspection” means—and particularly in the context of an inherently dangerous instrument, such as a firearm.

It is common knowledge that firearms are dangerous instruments, so the law presumes that we all possess such knowledge. In the case of Baldwin, he actually sits on the board of a gun-control organization whose existence is premised on the fact that guns are dangerous, so he can certainly be presumed to possess this knowledge.

Items are inherently dangerous when they can readily cause death or serious bodily injury to people if used carelessly.  Guns clearly qualify, as already noted. Also in this category of inherently dangerous instruments would be explosives, heavy equipment, and dangerous drugs or chemicals.  Use of these items takes particular and specialized care if death or serious bodily injury is to be avoided.

-----

Alec Baldwin’s Police Interview Corroborates Reckless Involuntary Manslaughter

That brings us to the just released video of Alec Baldwin’s interview with detectives immediately after his shooting dead Halyna Hutchins.  Although I expect Baldwin believed his participation in this interview would mitigate his legal liability in Hutchins’ death, in fact it provides substantial corroborative evidence—from his own mouth!—consistent with a legal finding of reckless involuntary manslaughter.

Remember what is required for involuntary manslaughter under New Mexico’s statute § 30-2-3 in this context:

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice. … B. Involuntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed in the … commission of a lawful act that might produce death … without due caution and circumspection.

Much More: https://lawofselfdefense.com/the-hunt-for-red-manslaughter-alec-baldwins-damning-police-interview/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #565 on: April 29, 2022, 02:13:36 am »
FULL Alec Baldwin Police Interview About Rust Shooting Incident

Law&Crime Network

Authorities released the full interview with Alec Baldwin showing them questioning him about the Rust movie shooting incident. During this interview, Baldwin is told that Halyna Hutchins succumbed to her injuries. Film director Joel Souza was also injured during this incident when a live round was discharged from a revolver used as a prop by actor Alec Baldwin. Baldwin has denied responsibility for the fatal shooting of Hutchins. Baldwin has also been named in two civil suits, with one accusing him of playing Russian roulette with the revolver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpl0Ol-N-PU

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #566 on: April 29, 2022, 02:26:01 am »
 :bkmk:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #567 on: August 12, 2022, 02:39:59 pm »
Deadline by Anthony D'Alessandro, Dominic Patten 8/11/2022

Alec Baldwin Fatal ‘Rust’ Movie Shooting Probe Inches Forward As Feds Finish Forensic Reports; Still No Timeline On Possible Charges

Nearly 10 months after Alec Baldwin killed Rust cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the New Mexico set of the low-budget Western, the police investigation into what happened remains ongoing but is a bit closer to completion.

Santa Fe County Sheriff’s investigators say that they received the FBI’s completed forensic reports August 2, which were then sent to New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator for review. “The OMI had advised the Sheriff’s Office that they required these forensic reports to finalize their investigation,” reads a release from the Sheriff’s Office, which received the reports Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Santa Fe County Sheriffs are still working with the Suffolk County Police Department and First Judicial District Attorney’s Office to get, process and disclose the Oscar-nominated Baldwin’s phone records. Once the office reviews the OMI files and Baldwin’s phone records, they’ll send the final Rust case file to the Santa Fe District Attorney’s office for final charging decisions.

More: https://deadline.com/2022/08/alec-baldwin-rust-investigation-sante-fe-sherrifs-department-1235090368/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #568 on: August 13, 2022, 06:09:05 pm »
Nolte: FBI Says Deadly ‘Rust’ Gun Could Not Have Fired Without Someone Pulling Trigger

John Nolte 13 Aug 2022

“The gun used in the fatal shooting on the Rust movie set could not have been fired without pulling the trigger, ” far-left ABC News reported, summarizing an FBI forensic report.

This is in direct conflict with actor Alec Baldwin’s claim he did not pull the trigger on the gun that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins last year during a camera rehearsal.

“No, no, no, no, I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them, never,” Baldwin told George Stephanopolous in December.  “The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger,” he added.

The FBI says otherwise:

Accidental discharge testing determined that the firearm used in the shooting — a .45 Colt (.45 Long Colt) caliber F.lli Pietta single-action revolver — could not have fired without the trigger being pulled, the FBI report shows.

With the hammer in the quarter- and half-cock positions, the gun “could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger,” the report stated.

With the hammer fully cocked, the gun “could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional,” the report stated.

As of this writing, Baldwin has yet to comment on the report.

Normally, we expect the corrupt FBI to cover up for a left-wing sacred cow like Alec Baldwin. My guess is that if the FBI could have covered up for Baldwin,  it would have. Such a cover-up would benefit Democrats in two ways: 1) protect their pal Baldwin, and 2) make the eeeevil gun that mysteriously shoots itself the villain.

But even an FBI as corrupt as this one has to draw a line somewhere. As much as the feds might have wanted to protect the left’s precious Alec, claiming a gun fired itself is a bridge too far.

This FBI report also confirms Breitbart’s analysis. At the time, we detailed the lack of credibility in Baldwin’s claim that he did not pull the trigger—which is only credible if you are dealing with a faulty and broken gun that can only fire by snapping back the hammer.

It should be noted that nothing in the FBI report disputes another possibility: that Baldwin drew the gun, depressed the trigger during the draw, and kept it depressed. With some single-action revolvers, it is possible that if you keep the trigger depressed, you can fire the weapon by pulling back the hammer, which allows the hammer to snap forward and fire the bullet.

Baldwin did admit to Stephanopoulos that he cocked the gun while pointing it at the doomed Hutchins.

“I cock the gun, and I go, ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’ And I let go of the hammer of the gun and the gun goes off,” Baldwin told Stephanopoulos. “The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger,” he added.

It is possible he had the trigger depressed the entire time, and when he let go of the hammer, it snapped forward and fired the fatal bullet.

In that case, he still pulled the trigger but might not have been conscious of the fact he had.

Nothing else makes sense.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/08/13/nolte-fbi-says-deadly-rust-gun-could-not-have-fired-without-someone-pulling-trigger/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #569 on: August 13, 2022, 06:13:22 pm »
Normally, we expect the corrupt FBI to cover up for a left-wing sacred cow like Alec Baldwin.
Baldwin is not in prison yet... I guess he needs to catch up on his "campaign" donations

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #570 on: August 13, 2022, 06:20:26 pm »
“I cock the gun, and I go, ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’ And I let go of the hammer of the gun and the gun goes off,” Baldwin told Stephanopoulos. “The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger,” he added.

He pointed a gun at someone.  He is responsible for what happens.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online yodaspock

« Reply #571 on: August 13, 2022, 07:32:40 pm »
This gun will fire fanning the hammer wile holding the trigger. Must be the same people who have failed high school economics. How can the FBI have any creditability going forward.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #572 on: August 13, 2022, 07:54:20 pm »
Report:  Alec Baldwin MUST'VE PULLED TRIGGER IN 'RUST' ... FBI Concludes in Analysis
TMZ, Aug 13,  2022

The FBI has concluded that Alec Baldwin must have fired the gun normally on the set of "Rust" -- which took Halyna Hutchins' life ... this according to a new report.

ABC News published a bombshell story Friday, claiming to have obtained a copy of the forensic analysis report recently completed by the Bureau ... which was examining all facets of the fatal accident in a broader investigation to see if criminal charges are warranted.

Per ABC, citing part of the FBI report, the feds found that the revolver in question -- a single-action .45 Colt caliber F.lli Pietta -- could not have been fired without someone pulling the trigger ... a determination they made after conducting accidental discharge testing.

Unclear if they did this testing with the same exact gun Alec used, or a separate but identical one -- but what the FBI notes in their reports is ... that gun, when working properly, will not release a bullet and primer simultaneously by just fiddling with the hammer alone

That's what Alec said he was doing when the shooting occurred. You'll recall ... in a sit-down interview with ABC, he claimed all he'd done was pull the hammer back and pose it for the camera while Halyna coached him on positioning. When they were done, he released the hammer ... and says it fired without him pulling the trigger. The rest, of course, is history.

Well, that just doesn't make sense to FBI officials. Their report, per ABC, notes they set the hammer at varying angles and positions to see if they could make it fire without pulling the trigger ... but they say they couldn't. The only thing the hammer COULD do when de-cocked and then directly struck on its own (without pulling the trigger) was detonate the primer.

That essentially means it could set off the actual gunshot sound itself, without discharging a bullet, according to the FBI -- but that's obviously not what happened in AB's case.

Now, this conclusion doesn't necessarily mean Alec is in hot water quite yet -- again, we don't know if the testing they did here was with his gun or another ... it's totally possible the revolver he used that day did, in fact, malfunction and that he's telling the truth.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/13/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-forensic-fbi-pulled-trigger/?adid=share-tw

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #573 on: August 13, 2022, 08:27:00 pm »
Report:  Alec Baldwin MUST'VE PULLED TRIGGER IN 'RUST' ... FBI Concludes in Analysis
TMZ, Aug 13,  2022

Well, that just doesn't make sense to FBI officials. Their report, per ABC, notes they set the hammer at varying angles and positions to see if they could make it fire without pulling the trigger ... but they say they couldn't. The only thing the hammer COULD do when de-cocked and then directly struck on its own (without pulling the trigger) was detonate the primer.

That essentially means it could set off the actual gunshot sound itself, without discharging a bullet, according to the FBI -- but that's obviously not what happened in AB's case.

When a primer detonates on a live round the bullet is discharged.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #574 on: August 13, 2022, 08:39:25 pm »
If the FBI was serious about solving this crime they would send 50 armed FBI/ATF agents to his wife's bedroom, and rummage through Alec's private office for 12 hours.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.