Author Topic: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set  (Read 18785 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2021, 11:44:09 pm »
People die from 'Blanks'.
It is the same as a 'flash bang' grenade.
You think these things are tame.
Put a 'blank' gun on someone's head and pull the trigger. That guy is dead.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2021, 11:50:00 pm »
People die from 'Blanks'.
It is the same as a 'flash bang' grenade.
You think these things are tame.
Put a 'blank' gun on someone's head and pull the trigger. That guy is dead.

This was no "blank."  The bullet did a through-and-through with her, and then hit the Director.  It takes lead and brass to do that.

There should not have been a live round inside of a mile of that set.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2021, 12:01:37 am »
This was no "blank."  The bullet did a through-and-through with her, and then hit the Director.  It takes lead and brass to do that.

mystics mysteries how did it get there? It is a mystery?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2021, 12:08:47 am »

It seems more and more evident it was a live round. If the gun was true to the period of the movie setting, it was big bore.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2021, 12:13:55 am »
It seems more and more evident it was a live round. If the gun was true to the period of the movie setting, it was big bore.

Peacemaker?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2021, 12:14:06 am »

With the "rumored" Clinton connection, I find it likely that this was no accident.

Will Baldwin even be held accountable?  Doubtful...either someone else will take the fall or the issue will just fall be the wayside.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2021, 12:20:41 am »
With the "rumored" Clinton connection, I find it likely that this was no accident.

Will Baldwin even be held accountable?  Doubtful...either someone else will take the fall or the issue will just fall be the wayside.

Frankly, I don’t believe the Clinton connection. It is just something that emerges from the ether. Unless there is a verified tweet of substance, it is a fabrication.
John Steinbeck

Offline DB

« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2021, 12:21:08 am »
It seems highly likely he was clowning around with the gun, aimed at the cinemaphotographer and pulled the trigger.

It clearly wasn't a "prop" gun. It was a real gun.

What he did was careless in the extreme.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2021, 12:30:27 am »
Frankly, I don’t believe the Clinton connection. It is just something that emerges from the ether. Unless there is a verified tweet of substance, it is a fabrication.

That's right where I am on this right now @Lando Lincoln.  I totally agree with @DB:

It seems highly likely he was clowning around with the gun, aimed at the cinemaphotographer and pulled the trigger.

Not a "prop gun," that's a lie to downplay what happened.  I'm guessing it is a .45 Peacemaker (being the most famous period piece) with large caliber boolats.  That's a big "Pew!"

Easily enough grains to do a through-and-through on the lady, with inertia to spare that hit the Director.

This entire affair has my head spinning with the recklessness and stupidity.  Look for the Alcohol Defense soon.
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2021, 12:32:40 am »

Maybe not criminally but I bet he will be sued since this movie and production was all on him...especially if he cut corners and hired non-professionals.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2021, 12:52:57 am »
Maybe not criminally but I bet he will be sued since this movie and production was all on him...especially if he cut corners and hired non-professionals.

Agree. You and I could live on Baldwin’s attorney fees alone.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2021, 12:55:30 am »

I am sure he keeps an attorney on retainer at all times..especially with his temper!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2021, 03:07:25 am »

I think you are correct.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2021, 04:08:59 am »

It is said she was a witness in a CLINTON matter. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2021, 04:11:27 am »
'This is OFFICER TATUMS..evaluation on what happened. 
---------------------
Alec Baldwin WAS NEGLIGENT and should be CHARGED
Oct 23, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umw6IbkPGC8

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2021, 05:14:42 am »

Reports are coming out that not only was there live ammo on the set (a no-no), the guns weren't under lock and key and the gun in question was taken off site for target practice ---

More here:  https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/23/alec-baldwin-rust-gun-accident-used-off-set-target-practice/

Add in the actor-producer didn't check the chamber as required and aimed at a human being (another no-no) and pulled the trigger, I'd be stunned if Baldwin's production insurance paid one cent.

From the armorer's deleted facebook page:: the armorer and the actor-producer:

« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 01:28:40 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2021, 11:44:37 am »
Possible criminal charges for Alec Baldwin…

Citizen Free Press October 24, 2021

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/possible-criminal-charges-for-alec-baldwin/

Legal experts discuss possible criminal charges against Alec Baldwin

New Mexico criminal attorney Erlinda Johnson, a former state and federal prosecutor, said the actor could face possible criminal liability for involuntary manslaughter.

“All the state needs to demonstrate is that he was engaged in a lawful, but dangerous act and did not act with due caution,” she said. “That’s what the state has to prove for involuntary manslaughter, which is a fourth-degree felony with a maximum penalty of up to 18 months in prison.”

She speculated that Baldwin may rely on the defense that someone handed him the gun, “but then, well it was incumbent upon him, since he was handling the gun, to make sure there were no rounds.”

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2021, 12:28:00 pm »
The tidbit about a good lefty like Alec not using union workers is like the cherry on top.

:thumbsup:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2021, 02:20:06 pm »
Here is my thinking on this...right or wrong.  How many of us have played cowboys and indians as kids, using cap guns?  We did it all of the time and yes we pointed the "play guns" at one another.  We KNEW they were not real guns and we were playing.  I look at this movie production as basically adults playing cowboys and indians, with FAKE guns.  With digital technology there is absolutely no reason to have anything but a FAKE play gun on the set of a production.  They can digitally add in the sound....the muzzle blast, you name it.  The FAKE guns could have been 3-D printed.  For the life of me I can't understand how a REAL gun got on the set, not to mention REAL ammo.  This is past insane....

Alec Baldwin likely thought he had a "play gun" in his hand and was playing with the "play gun".  Heck...we all shoot each other with paintball guns and no one thinks twice that it might kill someone as we point the gun at the person.

As much as I dislike Alec Baldwin and it's quite a lot....there is no way I could convict him of murder.  This was a tragic event.  I can't imagine what he's going through and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. 

They all need our prayers....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2021, 02:40:20 pm »
Here is my thinking on this...right or wrong.  How many of us have played cowboys and indians as kids, using cap guns?  We did it all of the time and yes we pointed the "play guns" at one another.  We KNEW they were not real guns and we were playing.  I look at this movie production as basically adults playing cowboys and indians, with FAKE guns.  With digital technology there is absolutely no reason to have anything but a FAKE play gun on the set of a production.  They can digitally add in the sound....the muzzle blast, you name it.  The FAKE guns could have been 3-D printed.  For the life of me I can't understand how a REAL gun got on the set, not to mention REAL ammo.  This is past insane....

Alec Baldwin likely thought he had a "play gun" in his hand and was playing with the "play gun".  Heck...we all shoot each other with paintball guns and no one thinks twice that it might kill someone as we point the gun at the person.

As much as I dislike Alec Baldwin and it's quite a lot....there is no way I could convict him of murder.  This was a tragic event.  I can't imagine what he's going through and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. 

They all need our prayers....

That's probably right.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2021, 02:46:52 pm »
I cannot see murder as murder requires premeditation.

I do believe he should be charged with Involuntary Manslaughter.

https://www.justia.com/criminal/offenses/homicide/involuntary-manslaughter/

Involuntary Manslaughter

Involuntary manslaughter is defined as an unintentional killing that results either from criminal negligence or the commission of a low-level criminal act such as a misdemeanor. Involuntary manslaughter is distinguished from other forms of homicide because it does not require deliberation or premeditation, or intent. Because neither of these mental states is required, involuntary manslaughter is the lowest level category of homicide.

Criminal Negligence

The first type of involuntary manslaughter occurs when a defendant negligently commits an act that results in the death of another. The level of negligence required for involuntary manslaughter is higher than normal civil negligence and requires that the defendant have acted in a very unreasonable manner. The exact language used to describe this negligence standard varies by state, but many refer to it as “criminal negligence” or “gross negligence.” State laws also vary as to whether the defendant must have been aware that his conduct was grossly negligent. In some states, the defendant must have known that his conduct was a threat to others, while other states consider whether the actions were objectively negligent, without regard for the defendant’s own perceptions.

It is important to understand that criminal negligence does not require that the defendant have committed an unlawful act. Rather, it criminalizes both lawful and unlawful acts that are committed negligently. For instance, although driving a vehicle is legal, driving that vehicle in a reckless manner may constitute criminal negligence and, if death results, lead to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.

Criminal negligence can also result from a failure to perform an act that the defendant has a duty to perform. Where a parent has a duty to take care of and protect a child, but the child dies when she is left in the car on a hot day, the parent may be culpable for involuntary manslaughter. Another example would be a tour operator who fails to advise his passengers of the proper safety protocols, resulting in the death of a passenger. This tour operator has failed to perform his duty, resulting in criminal negligence.

Offline DB

« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2021, 03:41:08 pm »
Negligence does not require intention to kill. If you are going to play with potentially deadly weapons you have an obligation to handle them with care to reasonably guarantee you do not harm others.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2021, 04:10:03 pm »

It matters not what Baldwin thought.  What matters is what he is must do. 

As the producer, it is his legal obligation to make sure all protocols for guns on the set are followed:  a capable armorer, the security of each weapon, no live ammunition.  As the actor handling the gun it is his responsibility to physically check the gun for bullets of any kind and not to point the gun, under any circumstance, at a human being he did not intend to kill.

A woman, wife, mother is dead due to the producer-actor's  negligence, not because he played with toy guns when he was eight years old.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 04:11:25 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2021, 04:17:28 pm »
All of the safety protocols that have been developed are there precisely to prevent exactly this sort of an "accident", and Baldwin consciously failed to follow them.  I don't think he intended to kill the poor woman, but he was grossly negligent, both as producer and as actor, and as the person holding a firearm, and he should be forced to accept the consequences of that gross negligence.

Offline DB

« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2021, 05:02:08 pm »
All of the safety protocols that have been developed are there precisely to prevent exactly this sort of an "accident", and Baldwin consciously failed to follow them.  I don't think he intended to kill the poor woman, but he was grossly negligent, both as producer and as actor, and as the person holding a firearm, and he should be forced to accept the consequences of that gross negligence.

And add to that that he was goofing off with a real gun - not a fake prop. He didn't aim and fire at another actor as part of a script when this happened. He aimed at the lady behind the camera and pulled the trigger thinking it was funny. That is extreme negligence.