Author Topic: Shipping Costs Surge: $17,000 to Ship Container to California from Asia, Up from $3,800 in 2020  (Read 213 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shipping Costs Surge: $17,000 to Ship Container to California from Asia, Up from $3,800 in 2020

Wendell Husebø 21 Oct 2021

Shipping costs are surging around the globe, causing the price of sending a container from Asia to the West Coast to increase many times over.

When Donald Trump was president in 2020, the price to ship a container from Asia to California was $3,800. That price spiked to $17,000 in October of 2021, according to supply chain technology company Freightos.

Freightos also revealed that shipping to the east coast is more expensive than the west coast, with rates reaching $20,000.

The increase in shipping cost is primarily due to the supply chain crunch, which is jamming seaports, trucking companies, and warehouses.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/10/21/shipping-costs-surge-california-asia/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 04:49:16 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
With the backlog, ships are going to be moored waiting to unload longer.
That means more fuel burned keeping ships' systems running but not going anywhere.
Fuel prices are up, significantly.
Longer turnaround times mean less revenue for the vessel (fewer transits).
Of course rates are going up.
Duh.
Shipping companies aren't running a charity.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have literally been telling people for decades that once the Chinese leadership understands the power and profits of Capitalism,they will give the boot to Communism and become Fascists that would make Hitler blush.

The rest of the world will be in deep,deep trouble unless our governments make moves to slow them down. Think things like "import tariffs" that reduce their profits,as well as fining US corporations that move their production and/or assembly plants to China.

Not to mention banning the Chinese from buying American companies or stock.

Folks,this is nothing less that total economic warfare by the Chinese,and we aren't even defending ourselves!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have literally been telling people for decades that once the Chinese leadership understands the power and profits of Capitalism,they will give the boot to Communism and become Fascists that would make Hitler blush.

The rest of the world will be in deep,deep trouble unless our governments make moves to slow them down. Think things like "import tariffs" that reduce their profits,as well as fining US corporations that move their production and/or assembly plants to China.

Not to mention banning the Chinese from buying American companies or stock.

Folks,this is nothing less that total economic warfare by the Chinese,and we aren't even defending ourselves!
That's because many have not read their Sun Tsu.

Asymmetrical Warfare works best when your enemies don't even realize they are under attack.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis