Author Topic: Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz addresses court after guilty plea: 'I love you'  (Read 129 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz addresses court after guilty plea: 'I love you'
Nikolas Cruz said victims should choose whether he lives or dies

By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

Nikolas Cruz pleaded guilty to murder on Wednesday in the 2018 high school massacre in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead.

After entering his plea, he briefly removed his mask to address the judge, stressing that though contrary to Florida, he believes the victims and their families should have the right to decide whether prosecutors should pursue the death penalty or a life sentence.

"I am very sorry for what I did and I have to live with it every day. And if I were to get a second chance, I would do everything in my power to try to help others," Cruz said. "I am doing this for you and I do not care if you do not believe me, and I love you, and I know you don’t believe me but I have to live with this every day and it brings me nightmares and I can’t live with myself sometimes, but I try to push through because I know that’s what you would want me to do."

Cruz, 23, entered his plea in a courtroom attended by a dozen relatives of victims after answering a long list of questions from Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer aimed at confirming his mental competency. He was charged with 17 counts of murder and 17 counts of attempted first-degree murder for those wounded in the Feb. 14, 2018, attack at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, located just outside Fort Lauderdale.

Several parents and other relatives of victims broke down in tears while listening to the court proceedings via a Zoom call.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-school-shooter-addresses-court-guilty

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34