Author Topic: Powerful Democrats push back on one-year extension of child tax credit  (Read 91 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Powerful Democrats push back on one-year extension of child tax credit
By Mike Lillis and Naomi Jagoda - 10/20/21 11:55 AM EDT

A host of powerful Democrats are lining up on Wednesday to insist on a long-term extension of the child tax credit as part of President Biden's economic agenda.

Rep. Richard Neal (D-Mass.) had ushered large parts of the Democrats' $3.5 trillion social spending wishlist through the Ways and Means Committee last month, including an expansion of the child tax credit through 2025. And he's pressing party leaders to keep that timeline as negotiators draft the final package.

"We're going to continue to fight for the House position," Neal told reporters following a closed-door meeting of the Democratic Caucus in the Capitol.

"The process that we undertook here was to do a markup. We didn't have a new tax plan every half hour; we laid out a plan that was fully paid for; and we set out our priorities," Neal added. "I think family paid medical leave, I think that the child [tax] credit, I think the dependent care credit — and the Green Act, for sure — ought to remain in the final package as issued."

Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), head of the powerful Appropriations Committee, was even more terse.

"A one-year extension is a big mistake," she said, vowing to "continue to pressure for a new framework that's more enduring for children and for families."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/577578-powerful-democrats-push-back-on-one-term-extension-of-child-tax-credit
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Powerful Democrats push back on one-year extension of child tax credit
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 09:17:17 pm »
Powerful Democrats push back on one-year extension of child tax credit
By Mike Lillis and Naomi Jagoda - 10/20/21 11:55 AM EDT

A host of powerful Democrats are lining up on Wednesday to insist on a long-term extension of the child tax credit as part of President Biden's economic agenda.

Rep. Richard Neal (D-Mass.) had ushered large parts of the Democrats' $3.5 trillion social spending wishlist through the Ways and Means Committee last month, including an expansion of the child tax credit through 2025. And he's pressing party leaders to keep that timeline as negotiators draft the final package.

"We're going to continue to fight for the House position," Neal told reporters following a closed-door meeting of the Democratic Caucus in the Capitol.

"The process that we undertook here was to do a markup. We didn't have a new tax plan every half hour; we laid out a plan that was fully paid for; and we set out our priorities," Neal added. "I think family paid medical leave, I think that the child [tax] credit, I think the dependent care credit — and the Green Act, for sure — ought to remain in the final package as issued."

Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), head of the powerful Appropriations Committee, was even more terse.

"A one-year extension is a big mistake," she said, vowing to "continue to pressure for a new framework that's more enduring for children and for families."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/577578-powerful-democrats-push-back-on-one-term-extension-of-child-tax-credit
Funny, nobody gave us money to raise the children we chose to have. All this amounts to is a bribe to keep the democrats in power at the expense of the others.