Author Topic: OSHA Isn’t Tracking COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effects Because It Doesn’t Want To Undermine Biden’s Shot  (Read 279 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 OSHA Isn’t Tracking COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effects Because It Doesn’t Want To Undermine Biden’s Shot Campaign
October 19, 2021 By Jordan Davidson

The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is not requiring companies to report any of their employees’ potentially damaging side effects from the COVID-19 vaccine because the regulatory agency doesn’t want to hamper the Biden administration’s vaccine campaign.

“DOL and OSHA, as well as other federal agencies, are working diligently to encourage COVID-19 vaccinations,” the OSHA website states. “As a result, OSHA will not enforce 29 CFR 1904’s recording requirements to require any employers to record worker side effects from COVID-19 vaccination…”

Under OSHA’s current COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard for Healthcare, businesses are not required to report their workers’ adverse effects to the jab because “OSHA does not wish to have any appearance of discouraging workers from receiving COVID-19 vaccination, and also does not wish to disincentivize employers’ vaccination efforts.”

This provision will not only allow potentially harmful side effects of the COVID-19 shot to go unnoticed and unrecorded but is scheduled to remain in place until at least May 2022.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/19/osha-isnt-tracking-covid-19-vaccine-side-effects-because-it-doesnt-want-to-undermine-bidens-shot-campaign/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

The VAERS database is not maintained by OSHA, and, with obvious exceptions, employers are not doctors who report to VAERS. Why is The Federalist Himalayanizing an imaginary anthill?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Kamaji

The VAERS database is not maintained by OSHA, and, with obvious exceptions, employers are not doctors who report to VAERS. Why is The Federalist Himalayanizing an imaginary anthill?

Under current OSHA regulations, most employers (those with 10 or more employees) are required to keep records of, and file reports concerning, workplace-related injuries, including fatalities, which must be reported within 8 hours.  Source:  https://www.osha.gov/recordkeeping/

They're now proposing to waive that requirement, but solely with respect to employer-coerced COVID-19 vaccinations.  That reasonably raises the question of what the purpose of that waiver is, other than hiding evidence of the negative effects of the vaccines.  An employer's report of adverse vaccine reactions would certainly carry more weight than a self-serving VAERS report by the person allegedly injured.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If the data are not gathered, they cannot be analyzed, and one can truthfully state:

There is no evidence which exists...
We have no information in that regard...
No studies indicate...

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

Of course not.  If you cannot see it, it does not exist and no one can question you about it..

Offline PeteS in CA

Getting vaccinated - whether for Covid or flu or shingles or etc. and having a complication is not a "work related" injury, even if my employer arranged for a mobile unit from (name of health foundation) to do the vaccinations in a company parking lot. The VAERS database is maintained by the FDA, and doctors are the people who have the knowledge/expertise to report to it. There is no need for duplication.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Getting vaccinated - whether for Covid or flu or shingles or etc. and having a complication is not a "work related" injury, even if my employer arranged for a mobile unit from (name of health foundation) to do the vaccinations in a company parking lot. The VAERS database is maintained by the FDA, and doctors are the people who have the knowledge/expertise to report to it. There is no need for duplication.

Of course not! Even if your employer tells you, it's the Vax or the hiway! Kind of like my bank account belongs to the bank not me as someone asserted here yesterday.   **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

If getting vaccinated is required to work, as the Biden administration wants, and an injury or illness results from the vaccination, then it is absolutely a "work related injury".

I am sure that the Biden administration wants to limit collection of this information as much as possible. It is easier to cover up that way.
Let it burn.

Offline Smokin Joe

If NFPA 2112 rated Flame Resistant clothing is required in my workplace, and when I put it on, I have a severe skin reaction to the flame retardants in the clothing, is that a work related injury?

Ordinarily, I wouldn't spend that sort of money on clothes, (triple or at least double the price of similar clothing that is not FR), so other than for the OSHA requirement that I wear it, I would not come into contact with it.

I would contend that severe reaction would be a work-related injury.

Same for the "side effects" of anything in or on your body required by OSHA to have the job, and OSHA is the mechanism by which this mandate is being enforced..

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

If the employer makes it completely voluntary, then no, it wouldn't be a work-related injury.  However, if the employer makes it mandatory, or otherwise imposes negative consequences on employees who do not "partake", either on its own initiative, or in response to a government mandate, then it is a work-related injury because it was an injury sustained as a condition of employment.

And that is precisely what the political PtB want to avoid.

Offline mountaineer

OSHA Signals to Employers to Hide Vaccine Side Effects Reporting Ahead of Issuing Federal Vaccine Mandate
October 19, 2021
by Kyle Becker

While President Biden’s federal vaccine mandate was announced in September, the OSHA regulation actually compelling qualifying federal contractors and business with over 100 employees to force workers to be vaccinated for Covid-19 has not been formally issued. But OSHA is making it clear that it does not want to know about vaccine side effects, because it has suspended employer reporting requirements.

“DOL and OSHA, as well as other federal agencies, are working diligently to encourage COVID-19 vaccinations,” the health agency says on its official website. “OSHA does not wish to have any appearance of discouraging workers from receiving COVID-19 vaccination, and also does not wish to disincentivize employers’ vaccination efforts. As a result, OSHA will not enforce 29 CFR 1904’s recording requirements to require any employers to record worker side effects from COVID-19 vaccination at least through May 2022. We will reevaluate the agency’s position at that time to determine the best course of action moving forward.”

However, employees who have claimed injury from vaccines can still file a report with their employer under OSHA’s whistleblower regulations.   ...

“Section 11(c) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (29 USC 660(c)) prohibits employers from retaliating against workers for exercising a variety of rights guaranteed under the law, such as filing a safety or health complaint with OSHA, raising a health and safety concern with their employers, participating in an OSHA inspection, or reporting a work-related injury or illness,” OSHA notes. “Additionally, OSHA’s Whistleblower Protection Program enforces the provisions of more than 20 industry-specific federal laws protecting employees from retaliation for raising or reporting concerns about hazards or violations of various airline, commercial motor carrier, consumer product, environmental, financial reform, food safety, health insurance reform, motor vehicle safety, nuclear, pipeline, public transportation agency, railroad, maritime, securities, tax, antitrust, and anti-money laundering laws. Also see the anti-retaliation provisions in the Emergency Temporary Standard for Healthcare.”

More at Becker News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

October 19, 2021  5:35 PM EDT
COVID vaccine injury claims mount, but recourse is lacking for those harmed
By Jenna Greene
REUTERS
(Reuters) - As the Biden administration puts the final touches on an emergency COVID-19 vaccine mandate for companies with 100 or more employees, a crucial piece seems to be missing for the unlucky few who experience serious side effects: meaningful legal recourse.

More than 1,300 COVID vaccine-related injury claims are now pending before an obscure government tribunal, which to date has decided only two such cases, one involving swelling of the tongue and throat following the jab, the other alleging long-lasting, severe shoulder pain.

In both instances, the government, which requires claimants to prove their injuries are “the direct result” of a COVID-19 vaccine, denied compensation. ...

Indeed, the overwhelming majority of all litigants under what's known as the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program have not succeeded.  ...
More at Reuters
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

October 19, 2021  5:35 PM EDT
COVID vaccine injury claims mount, but recourse is lacking for those harmed
By Jenna Greene
REUTERSMore at Reuters
Knowing just a little about how such systems work, and knowing a couple of Worker's Comp horror stories, I am not in the least surprised.

C S Lewis