Author Topic: Washington Post: Americans Should ‘Try to Lower Expectations,’ Accept Biden’s Supply Chain Crisis  (Read 929 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Has anyone checked the lead levels of the water on The Hill?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The thing is, WaPo is really happy about it.

@Cyber Liberty

Of course. Their reporters are young commies who became reporters because they want to help change the world.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I haven't heard anything from "Worse than watergate" Woodword on the matter.   Must be busy selling books.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

Even the WP is now admitting the Biden administration are a pack of fools.

@sneakypete

Maybe that’s what this article is trying to say. Maybe the writer meant  because the Biden administration is so incompetent, Americans need to lower their expectations
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Which is peculiar, to a point, because Jeff Bezos has profited to obscene levels the past year and a half thanks to all these shutdowns. Guess who wasn't locked down? Amazon facilities. They were "essential."

So perhaps this is Bezos trying to discourage people from abandoning Amazon (which relies extensively on the global supply chain) and looking for local alternatives. There is always an ulterior motive. "Well, yeah, Amazon's failing, but guess what? You're not going to find it better anywhere else. Trust us. Things are tough all over. So get used to it!"

I have to laugh at how much of a clown show Bezos has made the Washington Post. I know the Post was left-wing before, but not quite New York Times left. Now it's just become a caricature.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 01:21:26 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

Bare Shelves Will Make This A Merry Nothing-mas
Kurt Schlichter
Posted: Oct 28, 2021 12:01 AM
This holiday season, we all have to look forward to the faces of sad kids gathered around the Christmas tree, or Hanukkah menorah, or the Kwanzaa hammer and sickle as we must tell them that their favorite holiday is a bust because America can’t get the stuff it needs from China. Even leftists’ kids, to the extent the leftists managed the mechanics of breeding, will be disappointed that Santa Marx will not be coming down the chimney, redistributing presents on what our beloved Veep Kamala Harris explained was her favorite childhood holiday.

The problem is not the inevitable end result of outsourcing the manufacturing of pretty much everything to the Chi Coms across the ocean. The plan decades ago was to help make a backward, poverty-stricken enemy into a peer competitor by having its sweat shops do all the actual building and making for America, while we retained important industries like diversity consulting, inclusion consulting, and equity consulting, but that is not the problem. Nor is the foreign ownership of port facilities, nor the union rules and air quality rules and rules for the sake of rules that prevent the expeditious unloading of cargo, the problem.

No, the problem is you.

Your expectations are simply too high. ...
Read the rest at Townhall
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have no idea how I would go about lowering my expectations any lower than they are already.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!