Author Topic: Democrats to Cops in 2020: You’re Evil Racists And We Want To Defund You! Democrats to Cops in 2021:  (Read 72 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog

Democrats to Cops in 2020: You’re Evil Racists And We Want To Defund You! Democrats to Cops in 2021: We Need You To Enforce Vaccine Mandates. Cops to Democrats: Get Stuffed!

After spending 2020 calling police “systematically racist” and trying to get them defunded (mainly so they could get their fingers on that money, suddenly it’s 2021 and Democrat-run cities and counties suddenly need police to be their vaccine enforcers. And police aren’t having any of it.

Take deep blue Chicago for example:

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot has foolishly put herself—and the safety of the people of Chicago—in a game of chicken, with at least half the police force ready to defy her vaccine mandate and be sent home from work by City Hall without pay, rather than comply.

“She wants to play a game of chicken. Well, we’re in a semi. And she’s in a Smart Car. And she wants to play chicken?” said Fraternal Order of Police President John Catanzara told me on Thursday. “That’s her decision.”

I figure Chicago’s little Napoleon in pants suits caves by Friday. As I type this on Thursday evening, Chicago aldermen are calling, saying she’s already blinking on her threats of “no vaccine, you’ll be sent home without pay.”

FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE: She blinked. She did cave. After her repeated threats, she won’t withhold their pay and send them home if they don’t comply with her vaccine mandate.

Lori, that’s no way to play chicken or poker. Her chicken little game has come home to roost. Cops have had enough. Now she’s pouting, driving up the ramp of the chicken coop in her little clown car.

If she didn’t cave, victims of weekend violence would blame Lightfoot because she put her ego ahead of public safety. The smart play was to cave and call it something else. Her media friends can spin it. She can even call it victory, if she wants. But she caved. And that weakens her even more.

(Hat tip: Rick Moran at PJ Media.)

Unions for police and corrections officers are suing over vaccine mandates in Allegheny County:

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=49496