Author Topic: Procter And Gamble To Raise Prices Of Popular Goods Citing Increasing Transportation And Material Co  (Read 321 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Procter And Gamble To Raise Prices Of Popular Goods Citing Increasing Transportation And Material Costs

Harry Wilmerding
Contributor
October 19, 2021 12:27 PM ET

Procter and Gamble said Tuesday it is raising prices on a variety of popular home goods due to a sharp increase in freight transportation and raw materials costs.

The company behind Tide detergent and Gillette razors announced it would increase prices for beauty, oral care and grooming products, like razors, according to The Wall Street Journal. Procter and Gamble (P&G) announced in July that it would charge more for consumer staples like diapers and toilet paper.

P&G anticipates that the price increase, coupled with high product demand, will offset the increased costs of transportation and raw materials, according to the WSJ.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1450469383864729612

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/10/19/proctor-gamble-raise-prices-transportation-material-costs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Satan would be proud.

Offline libertybele

I've been using Tide (powder) forever.  Cost may now change that.

Anyone know of a cheaper alternative that works fairly well?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

What percentage do they expect the price increase to be?

Offline libertybele

What percentage do they expect the price increase to be?

The costs of shipping are astronomical (from an article I previously posted)  --

....The spot rate of booking a 40-foot container from Shanghai to Los Angeles hit $10,229 the first week of August, up 238% from the same time a year prior, according to Drewry, a maritime research consultancy.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/16/business/toys-holiday-shopping-supply-chain/index.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There are very few products P&G makes that I can not do without.

Always menstrual hygiene products
Ariel laundry detergent
Bounty paper towels, sold in the United States and Canada
Charmin bathroom tissue and moist towelettes
Crest toothpaste
Dawn dishwashing
Downy fabric softener and dryer sheets
Fairy washing up liquid
Febreze odor eliminator
Gain laundry detergents, liquid fabric softener, dryer sheets and dish washing liquid
Gillette razors, shaving soap, shaving cream, body wash, shampoo, deodorant and anti-perspirant
Head & Shoulders shampoo
Olay personal and beauty products
Oral-B oral hygiene products
Pampers & Pampers Kandoo and Luvs disposable diapers and moist towelettes.
Pantene haircare products
SK-II beauty products
Tide laundry detergents and products
Vicks cough and cold products

About the only thing I swear by is Dawn.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I have been using Sams brand for several years now....and I like it...I used to use either Tide or All

https://www.samsclub.com/p/mm-120ct-power-pacs-power-pac-120-ct/prod18890059?xid=plp_product_4
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 06:32:54 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
More inflation! But everyone relax, Psaki says Americans are go broke because the economy is roaring.

Offline libertybele

I have been using Sams brand for several years now....and I like it...I used to use either Tide or All

https://www.samsclub.com/p/mm-120ct-power-pacs-power-pac-120-ct/prod18890059?xid=plp_product_4

We don't have a Sam's close to us.  I'd spend the savings on gas and tolls going across the bridge to get there.  :shrug:

Offline libertybele

More inflation! But everyone relax, Psaki says Americans are go broke because the economy is roaring.

I don't know who pours on the b.s. more, Psaki or Fauci!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don't know who pours on the b.s. more, Psaki or Fauci!
Me either, I just wish they would stop trying to one up each other.

Online roamer_1

I use All Small and Mighty... Stink-free, which is the important part for me... I am kinda allergic to the perfumes in most laundry soaps. But I have always thought it reasonably priced, buying by the gallon and hitting the 2 for 1 sales where I can.