Author Topic: Ranchers Across The Country Raise Over $300 Million To Build Beef Plant In Effort To Compete With In  (Read 326 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ranchers Across The Country Raise Over $300 Million To Build Beef Plant In Effort To Compete With Industry Power

Taylor Giles
Contributor
October 17, 2021 10:51 AM ET

Ranchers from across the country have raised over $300 million to build a slaughterhouse in Nebraska, Fox News reported.

Construction on the new Sustainable Beef slaughterhouse will start this fall on 400 acres of land in Nebraska, according to Fox News.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1449491591048187913

Rusty Kemp, a Nebraska rancher, launched an effort to build a sustainable beef plant because the price of cattle, despite the rising cost of meat, continue to decline, Fox reported.

Profits in the beef market have increased steadily since 2016 but the share of every dollar spent on food that goes to ranchers has gone from 35 cents in the 1970s to 14 cents recently, according to Fox News.

“We’ve been complaining about it for 30 years,” Kemp said, reported Fox. “It’s probably time somebody does something about it.”

Four companies currently hold over 80% of the U.S. beef market at 24 plants, according to Fox News.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/10/17/nebraska-ranchers-beef-slaughterhouse-united-states-department-agricuture/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Great news! I hope more and more ranchers get together and do the same.  However, I'm also remembering that evil Gates owns the most farmland in the U.S.A. ... obviously for a reason.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
My parents have done this with the farmer across the road for decades, buying halves and quarters with other neighbors and clients of the farmer.

The last beef they bought a month back cost them - no joke - just under $3/lb after processing and that included all the regular cuts. Plus they know the farmer and how it was raised.

The farmer could have easily charged a couple more bucks a pound, made great money, and still offered a great value.

I've heard farmers gripe for years about ag prices. It boils down to this - raise a commodity product, get a commodity price.

If a farmer would raise say grass-fed beef, close to organic as possible, they could command a greater price while commanding a better clientele to buy it.

Why they haven't done this for years mystifies me. Where has all the entrepreneurship gone?

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:54:44 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

My parents have done this with the farmer across the road for decades, buying halves and quarters with other neighbors and clients of the farmer.

The last beef they bought a month back cost them - no joke - just under $3/lb after processing and that included all the regular cuts. Plus they know the farmer and how it was raised.

The farmer could have easily charged a couple more bucks a pound, made great money, and still offered a great value.

I've heard farmers gripe for years about ag prices. It boils down to this - raise a commodity product, get a commodity price.

If a farmer would raise say grass-fed beef, close to organic as possible, they could command a greater price while commanding a better clientele to buy it.

Why they haven't done this for years mystifies me. Where has all the entrepreneurship gone?

We have a rancher about a 1/2 hour from here and he has grass fed beef, free roaming chickens ... however, even before the pandemic his prices were astronomical. So ... I haven't checked his prices lately, but if prices were ridiculous before, I'm sure things haven't changed much.

I've checked into some other options  -- mail order -- for 1/2 side beef, but most are only offered certain times of the year.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

We have a rancher about a 1/2 hour from here and he has grass fed beef, free roaming chickens ... however, even before the pandemic his prices were astronomical. So ... I haven't checked his prices lately, but if prices were ridiculous before, I'm sure things haven't changed much.

I've checked into some other options  -- mail order -- for 1/2 side beef, but most are only offered certain times of the year.

Look for Amish or Hutterites.

Offline libertybele

Look for Amish or Hutterites.

No Amish around.  Our little Italian store brings goods in from them at Easter time and Christmas, that's it.  Hutterites?  I'll have to investigate.

Online roamer_1

No Amish around.  Our little Italian store brings goods in from them at Easter time and Christmas, that's it.  Hutterites?  I'll have to investigate.

Mennonites work too... kinda varying degrees of the same difference...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Good for them.  I hope they advertise well on their packaging, so we can support their efforts.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Raising beef myself over the 15 years, i have noticed over the past year while grocery beef prices have shot up, I am able to only gain a few cents a pound at the auction sales where processors and yards buy up the calves.

The price of feed has gone up over 40% at the same time.

This has likely endured since the Chicago meatpackers began bringing in Midwest beef by rail in the 19th century.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington