Author Topic: Birdwatching is Racist, Imperialist, and Homophobic  (Read 205 times)

rangerrebew

Birdwatching is Racist, Imperialist, and Homophobic
« on: October 16, 2021, 07:03:23 pm »
Birdwatching is Racist, Imperialist, and Homophobic

Woke demands hegemonic control of intimate joys.
Fri Oct 8, 2021 Danusha Goska

On September 27, 2021, David Sibley, a birdwatching celebrity, posted the following on his Facebook page. "The outdoors is for *everyone* and has felt unsafe to many LGBTQIA2S+ folks for too long … Today, ask yourself 'What could I do better?'" Sibley "warned" that birders were liable to make "hurtful and dangerous comments" and that "sensitive" and "vulnerable" people should "avoid the comments section." LGBT people "struggle to feel and BE safe in the outdoors." Mind – Sibley was not condemning very real and reprehensible anti-LGBT violence. Sibley was specifically accusing birdwatchers of violence.

Follow-up comments from Sibley's fans were overtly accusatory of birdwatchers. One wrote, "Too many white cis/het (and male) people are so used to not having to think about anyone but themselves. It's part of the foundation of white/straight privilege. They don't have to think about race or gender, because it doesn't affect them every single day, like it does so many others …'I like my privilege, and I don't want to have to think about those who don't have it!'" Another wrote, "LGBT+ people [are] threatened, attacked, even murdered" – by birdwatchers. And another, "Homophobia and the violence that flows from it is a well-documented scourge" – among birdwatchers.

At least since 2014, activists have alleged that birdwatchers and birdwatching are racist. Bird names are white supremacist and imperialist. Birding's Woke elite are now changing the official names of every bird named after a white, male naturalist. The Montezuma quail will keep its name. Montezuma reigned over a slave-owning, war-based empire that practiced religiously-mandated cannibalism and the torture and murder of children sacrificed to Tlaloc, the Aztec rain god. No matter, Montezuma, who wore regalia comprised of the feathers of hundreds of dead birds, was superior to groundbreaking white naturalist John James Audubon.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2021/10/birdwatching-racist-imperialist-and-homophobic-danusha-goska/

Offline libertybele

Re: Birdwatching is Racist, Imperialist, and Homophobic
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 07:05:00 pm »
I have several bird feeders in our yard, I love birdwatching!  I guess that makes me a racist, imperialistic, homophobe.

Congrats to me!  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 08:53:29 pm »

Bird watching has been coopted by insidious and nefarious bourgeoisie capitalist pigs! We will not tolerate this injustice! The proletariat will rise up and defeat this oppression! We will bury you! Viva la revolucion!

The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 09:21:00 pm »

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 10:29:05 pm »
"Birdwatching is Racist, Imperialist, and Homophobic..."

This rates a Fishrrman:
EGADS !!!!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 10:35:27 pm »
My buddy has about 24 birdfeeders in his fenced backyard, which is absent any lawn...just slate paths taking you through a heaven of blooms from April to November.

On any given day, at any given time, you can sit and enjoy a myriad of species landing and taking off...hawks, blue jays, HUGE woodpeckers, hummingbird up the KOOZAH!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 11:00:36 pm »
Maybe it's because birds are either male or female, and only one of those can lay eggs. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 11:37:11 pm »
My buddy has about 24 birdfeeders in his fenced backyard, which is absent any lawn...just slate paths taking you through a heaven of blooms from April to November.

On any given day, at any given time, you can sit and enjoy a myriad of species landing and taking off...hawks, blue jays, HUGE woodpeckers, hummingbird up the KOOZAH!   :laugh:

Sounds like my kind of paradise!!! 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 12:21:55 am »
The Negroes in the forest, brightly feathered
They are saying, forget the night
Live with us in forests of azure
Out here on the perimeter, there are no stars
Out here we is stoned, immaculate......
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 12:38:54 am »
The Negroes in the forest, brightly feathered
They are saying, forget the night
Live with us in forests of azure
Out here on the perimeter, there are no stars
Out here we is stoned, immaculate......

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 03:41:04 am »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis