Author Topic: By the numbers: How the Hispanic population in Texas is changing  (Read 467 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Libby Seline 10/15/2021

Since 2010, the Hispanic and Latino population in Texas has increased by about 21% while the population that does not identify with these ethnicities increased by about 13%. Hispanic and Latinos were responsible for 50% of the total population growth of Texas between 2010 and 2020 and now account for 39% of the total population, just under white, non-hispanic residents.

As Hispanic and Latino heritage month comes to a close, here are some statistics related to one of Texas’ largest, fastest growing communities.

The U.S. Census Bureau’s 2020 decennial census report estimated that more than 11 million Texans have Hispanic or Latino heritage. In 61 of Texas’ 254 counties, Hispanic and Latino individuals make up more than half of the total population.

On average, nearly 40% of every county’s population identifies as Hispanic or Latino.

Of Texans who identify as Hispanic or Latino, more than 6.8 million — or 62% — were born in the state, according to the U.S. Census Bureau’s estimations from 2015 to 2019. About 28% are not native to the United States, and 7% were born in the country but somewhere outside of Texas.

About 56% of Hispanic and Latino men and 35% of Hispanic and Latino women work full-time, which is nearly equivalent to the total population labor force participation rates with 54% of men working and 37% of women.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/census/article/Hispanic-population-in-Texas-numbers-16535871.php

Offline libertybele

Re: By the numbers: How the Hispanic population in Texas is changing
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 12:35:21 am »
Houston Chronicle by Libby Seline 10/15/2021

Since 2010, the Hispanic and Latino population in Texas has increased by about 21% while the population that does not identify with these ethnicities increased by about 13%. Hispanic and Latinos were responsible for 50% of the total population growth of Texas between 2010 and 2020 and now account for 39% of the total population, just under white, non-hispanic residents.

As Hispanic and Latino heritage month comes to a close, here are some statistics related to one of Texas’ largest, fastest growing communities.

The U.S. Census Bureau’s 2020 decennial census report estimated that more than 11 million Texans have Hispanic or Latino heritage. In 61 of Texas’ 254 counties, Hispanic and Latino individuals make up more than half of the total population.

On average, nearly 40% of every county’s population identifies as Hispanic or Latino.

Of Texans who identify as Hispanic or Latino, more than 6.8 million — or 62% — were born in the state, according to the U.S. Census Bureau’s estimations from 2015 to 2019. About 28% are not native to the United States, and 7% were born in the country but somewhere outside of Texas.

About 56% of Hispanic and Latino men and 35% of Hispanic and Latino women work full-time, which is nearly equivalent to the total population labor force participation rates with 54% of men working and 37% of women.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/census/article/Hispanic-population-in-Texas-numbers-16535871.php

I've come across similar stats several times.  With the influx of illegals and the chaos at the border along with the change in demographics, I think we're going to see TX turn blue in '22. If not in '22, then in '24.

TX is in trouble.  FL is next.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 12:37:53 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 02:09:30 am »
I suspect the problems are coming from non-Americans who are slipping across the border,not American they just happen to share a skin color with.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 02:56:13 pm »
I've come across similar stats several times.  With the influx of illegals and the chaos at the border along with the change in demographics, I think we're going to see TX turn blue in '22. If not in '22, then in '24.

TX is in trouble.  FL is next.
Sure it is in trouble, NOT.

Republican John Lujan has won the special election runoff for Texas House District 118, flipping the Democratic-friendly seat in San Antonio.

The victory by Lujan gives Republicans an early win in their drive to make new inroads in South Texas after President Joe Biden underperformed there last year.

With all vote centers reporting Tuesday night, Lujan was leading Democrat Frank Ramirez 51.2% to 48.8%, according to unofficial results. Lujan briefly held the seat in 2016, while Ramirez is a former staffer for the San Antonio City Council and at the Texas Legislature.
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/11/02/john-lujan-frank-ramirez-texas-legislature-san-antonio/
He is the only Republican to ever win this House seat.

Until the facts support it, you might want to stop the sky is falling routine.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 03:56:19 pm »
Younkin got more Hispanic support than McAuliffe did in VA.

That and with the win in TX, the GOP needs to rethink the Hispanic demographic.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 05:17:42 pm »
Younkin got more Hispanic support than McAuliffe did in VA.

That and with the win in TX, the GOP needs to rethink the Hispanic demographic.
They already are in spite of some fearful Republicans saying doom and gloom.

Look at the new Virginia AG.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online LMAO

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 11:58:56 pm »
Sure it is in trouble, NOT.
He is the only Republican to ever win this House seat.

Until the facts support it, you might want to stop the sky is falling routine.

@IsailedawayfromFR

:amen:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 12:13:19 am »
They already are in spite of some fearful Republicans saying doom and gloom.

Look at the new Virginia AG.

I think it’s our instinct to always look on the negative side of things

But there are a lot of good signs for conservatives out there going forward if they take advantage of it

Speaking for myself, I am very optimistic. I can’t figure out why that, even after Tuesday, too many still want to hold on to “all is lost”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy