Author Topic: Crist says as Florida governor he would legalize marijuana, expunge criminal records  (Read 269 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Crist says as Florida governor he would legalize marijuana, expunge criminal records
The Hill, Oct 15, 2021

Rep. Charlie Crist (D-Fla.) on Thursday said that he would expunge criminal records of those facing certain marijuana-related charges and legalize the drug if he is elected the governor of Florida.

“Let me be clear: If I’m elected governor, I will legalize marijuana in the Sunshine State,” Crist said in a video posted on his Twitter on Thursday. “This is the first part of the Crist contract with Florida.”

Crist, who is running for the Democratic nomination to take on Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) in 2022, discussed different elements of his gubernatorial platform focused on racial equity in the state, including expunging criminal records for those who have received marijuana-related charges, specifically third-degree felonies and misdemeanors, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

More:
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/576899-crist-says-as-florida-governor-he-would-legalize-marijuana-expunge

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Say no to the Cue-Tip as Gov. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sounds like a direct, overt appeal aimed at certain demographics...

Offline libertybele

Crist blows any which way the wind blows; he's run as a REP, IND, and DEM. IMO he's a lying dog-faced pony solider ... unfortunately, people actually vote for this idiot liberal mess.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.