Author Topic: ‘Wildly Offensive and Dangerous’ — Lawmakers Spar Over Extremism and Veterans  (Read 138 times)

rangerrebew

‘Wildly Offensive and Dangerous’ — Lawmakers Spar Over Extremism and Veterans
Vets   

By Hannah Ray Lambert | October 14, 2021

United States lawmakers heard testimony Wednesday, Oct. 13, on domestic violent extremism and the recruitment of veterans, but they spent much of the hearing sparring over why left-wing groups were omitted from the discussion and whether the hearing could stigmatize veterans further.

The House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs hearing referenced the Jan. 6 Capitol riots numerous times throughout and focused on far-right groups including the Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, and Three Percenters, though Chairman Mark Takano, D-Calif., said it was not the committee’s intention to label any views or parties as politically extreme.

“We are using the propensity for violence as the key determination of what constitutes extremism,” Takano said, adding that all groups outlined in the hearing were ones that had “discussed or demonstrated a willingness to use violence as a means to achieve their ends.”

https://coffeeordie.com/veterans-domestic-extremism-hearing/

rangerrebew

United States lawmakers heard testimony Wednesday, Oct. 13, on domestic violent extremism and the recruitment of veterans, but they spent much of the hearing sparring over why left-wing groups were omitted from the discussion and whether the hearing could stigmatize veterans further.

Stigmatizing the military was one of the goals of the left to begin with.  Notice I didn't say liberal or conservative military.  I'm sure the plan was to make the military look so bad that good people would say to h*ll with military service and only the dregs would enlist.  Part of that demeaning has to do with why would the military not go after both sides if they are weeding.  Everyone is well aware the left is much more dangerous than the right (BLM, ANTIFA, ETC.). so people say intellectually the effort makes no sense, therefore, the military makes no sense.  I'm surprised two people (Austin and Milley) who have spent their whole lives in the military would allow the leftists in congress get away with it.  :nono: